YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Good stuff Benz! It's great to see a Starman cameo (a Talokite :D) an almost forgotten super.
    I did notice something different from previous stories.

[IMG]

That is quite a team of superheroines! But no pics :(.
    Are they fellow forumites, alts, both or neither? I'm curious. At least 2 story pics . . .

[IMG]

Nice work. Looking forward to the next installment.
    Also, love that new sig, it's a riot. :D
    • Like x 1
  2. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I agree with both Nomad and Visor. Another great entry, the tension building on the multiple fronts should allow for quite a climax in this story. It will be quite interesting to see how it all comes together. Curious to know what the black lanterns seem to be protecting....I have my thoughts but will happily wait to read it from you. I second the question, why no pics? Didn't take away from anything not having them, but felt different.
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

LOL. No problem, Nomad. I simply didn't have any pictures to post at the time because I was waiting for the girls to send me their DCUO character pictures. And yes, besides Mina, Meroune, my water toon is my alternate. However, the rest of the Star Sapphires are from the league I'm in and included them in this part of the story, with a small bio that was cooked up between me and the girls.

Also, as for the story you did...
    [IMG]
    I loved every minute reading it. The pictures were the cherry on top ;) The supporting character, Manny was fun, especially how he did the prison break and giving his gas station the name 'Last Chance' gave me a chuckle. But, oh man, you know very well Cadmus is definitely up to no good
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Bern,
    Yeah, similar to what I wrote to Nomad above, I was on assignment for work and only had the written stories on my laptop and was waiting for the supporting pictures from my league mates. So, I posted the written part beforehand and the pictures later, as seen above. Nonetheless, the support you and everyone who reads my story and writes me about it totally makes my day and drives me to continue until its epic conclusion.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

I will be on later tonight to post something:)
    • Like x 2
  7. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Aww yeah! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

I especially like the one with the 7 Sapphires. It's very cool. Like you could almost frame it and hang it on a wall. :cool: I'm intrigued by your alt Meroune and am wondering if there might be a possible story arc on her in the future. But you probably knew Meroune was gonna be my favorite of the bunch as I am biased towards all blue-skinned aliens LOL :D.
    I also wanted to take the time to show my appreciation for reading my last work. I felt like this latest one was a little more "human". Bringing Manny and the mechanics (sounds like an eighties band) into Nomad's life added a different dimension. The Last Chance Station name was all I could come up with for a station that was on the outskirts of Metropolis. I think there is a Last Chance Gas from Texas Chainsaw but it wasn't intended to be nod towards that movie as I have a never seen the film.
    It was fun pasting all those vehicles into the pics as well and I'm already jotting down some ideas for my next story. Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to your next story!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I have an outline for my character's origin...would anyone be interested in turning it into a story?
    • Like x 3
  9. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

You should. I mean that in the nicest way.
    • Like x 2
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Sure thing. Just post what you have and most of the writers like me in this section can cook something up for you. Trust me, you won;t be disappointed ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I would if I had time and talent. Time moreso than talent, I’m sure if I had time I could actually make a workable story.
    Ok...What I have only gets as far as the start of the game's tutorial, though.
    • Like x 1
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Tanja Freyjasdottir
    Quote: “Yes, Freyja Vanity's my mom. Yes, she sometimes hooks up with her fans. No, that *doesn’t* mean I’ll ever consider going out with you, Gar. *Especially* since you brought my mom into the conversation.”

Mother: Freyja Vanity
    (public persona)
    Adult film legend
    Founder and owner of adult media conglomerate Vanity Entertainment
    Owns a mansion in L.A. and a penthouse Gotham
    Regularly attends charity events in both Gotham and Metropolis
    Created the Vanity Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to helping victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, etc. (provides shelter, counseling/therapy, medical care, legal assistance, and so on) - operates locations in many major cities nationwide, known as Vanity Clinics
    (True identity)
    Freyja, Norse Vanir goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, witchcraft
    Known as chooser of the slain - half of fallen warriors go to her hall Sessrúmnir, half to Valhalla, she gets first pick
    Leader of the Valkyries
    Known only to Diana Prince (Wonder Woman) prior to the Exobyte Crisis
    - this information has since been added to the Watchtower's database with a need-to-know clearance rating - only full Justice League members have unrestricted access. Batman found it amusing that the elegant retired **** star he’d worked with on organizing a number of charity events was actually a goddess, and merely commented "well, that explains a few things." Hal Jordan found it hilarious that a legendary **** star was an actual honest-to-goodness goddess. J'onn J'onzz, puzzled by Hal's reaction, wondered why Hal found something so logical (a sex goddess being involved in the sex industry) to be so funny.

Father: unknown
    In truth: Erik the Red, Einherjar (warrior slain in battle)

Until the Exobyte Crisis, she was unaware of her mother's true identity, her powers were dormant, and she believed herself to be a normal human. She had problems with dating and relationships due to her mother's public identity (as well as hormonally driven teenage male egos lying about her (lack of) willingness to sleep with them - she was a virgin until her junior year). This gave her a very undeserved reputation that created even more problems.

She was ***** at the JV homecoming game her junior year by several members of the varsity football team. This incident led directly to the creation of the Vanity Foundation, not to mention the investigation resulting in the arrest and conviction of a number of the star players on her school's varsity team.

When Future Lex released the Exobytes into earth's atmosphere, one found her and injected its data into her. That day, Freyja returned home from the office to find Tanja sprawled unconscious on the patio with what appeared to be a mechanical insect lying next to her. She contacted Diana, who, due to the extent of the Exobyte Crisis was unable to come herself, arranged for several members of the Titans - who were headquartered in nearby San Francisco, after all - to investigate (and if they could do nothing else, gather information on the exobyte's data payload). Raven, Nightwing, and Starfire arrived at the mansion shortly. Examining the Exobytes only told them it was pretty much the same as all the others. Examining Tanja, however, gave them a shock: the exobyte's data had been that of Raven herself!

Freyja, having sensed Raven's nature as Trigon's daughter, immediately guessed the cause of Tanja's prolonged unconsciousness and, after extracting a promise to secrecy from the Titans, revealed her true identity. She and Raven then set about devising a ritual to awaken and strengthen Tanja's divine heritage enough to both let her soul win the battle against the Exobyte's infection and to protect her from being detected and targeted by Trigon afterwards.

Freyja summoned a squad of Valkyries to provide security for the ritual, and detailed a few who also happened to be 'Vanity Girls' (actresses listed as members of Vanity Entertainment's stable of performers) to act as hosts for Nightwing and Starfire while they waited for the ritual to be completed.

The ritual, which took more than a day, involved, among myriad other details, a protective circle and Raven souldiving into Tanja to both act as a ritual link and provide assistance to Tanja.

In the souldive, Raven found that, in essence, Tanja (her true self) was fighting against herself-as-Raven (the exobyte data). Tanja's confusion at seeing the true Raven appear while fighting herself-as-Raven almost caused her to lose the fight and the ritual to fail. Raven had to convince Tanja of what was going on and then initiate the ritual link, metaphorically represented by a mingling of Tanja's and Raven's blood within Tanja's soulscape. (This required nothing more complicated than a small cut on each's hand and pressing the cuts together.) Once Raven had managed to convince Tanja and initiate the link, Freyja was able to use that to trigger the unsealing of Tanja's divine heritage by using Raven as a conduit; Raven's body provided a conduit that Freyja could channel her magic through and on into Raven's soul-self, through which the power could flow directly to Tanja's soul. Once this was done, though Tanja was completely untrained in the use of her abilities, they were able to win the fight and begin properly integrating the exobyte data into the fabric of Tanja's being.

The method used for forming the ritual link, while necessary to affect Tanja's soul as directly as the situation required, was not without side effects: Tanja and Raven now had a permanent if minor connection directly to each other's souls. Freyja had warned Raven of this consequence before they began the ritual, and once it was complete and Tanja awoke, she explained it, along with many other things she hadn’t previously told her daughter, and declared Tanja and Raven to now be 'soul-sisters', a state similar to the concept of soulmates, but the connection is that of family rather than lovers. She also stated that she would from then on consider Raven to be her daughter.

After some time for everyone to rest and recover, Freyja again called Diana, thanking her for sending help, and, knowing the propensity for Trouble to find Heroes (the reason she'd sealed Tanja's heritage in the first place - Trouble doesn’t usually seek out 'normal' people), asked her (with Tanja's consent) to see to Tanja's training for when Trouble inevitably came for her. Diana agreed and explained the mentoring system the Justice League had come up with. Freyja also told Tanja that when her training with Diana was complete that she would have additional training for her, along with several gifts (which included a set of Valkyrie weapons and armor).

In consideration of Tanja's unusual heritage, Diana arranged for the initial stages of Tanja's training to be on Themyscira with the Amazons, where she began learning how to fight (beyond the martial arts lessons she’d begun taking after the ****) and discovered a talent and preference for archery, as well as beginning steps in understanding the nature and function of her inherited Celestial abilities.

Once her initial training was complete, she returned home for a brief visit with both her mother and her new sister (Raven) before taking up residence in her mother’s Gotham penthouse. Between getting off the plane and arriving at the penthouse, however, she found herself captured by Brainiac and had to find a way to escape. (Game's tutorial begins here.). Also, Brainiac has bottled the building the penthouse is in.
    • Like x 2
  13. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Up until the point where Future Lex released the exobytes, it's just a little background, stuff that would be in Justice League's files
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

[IMG]
    The wings are Freyja's falcon cloak, which allows the wearer to fly. Eventually, when I get far enough to get the gear (getting close now, CR 105) she’ll become a Star Sapphire.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You claim lack of talent? After writing all that? o_O
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Lack of talent for creating an interesting character or idea, no. For putting together a cohesive story, yes. I can come up with characters, scenes, events. I just suck at stringing them together cohesively. I also don’t have time. Heck, half the time I only manage to pull out my laptop on weekends thanks to a highly erratic work schedule, and I like to spend that time in-game.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

A fully fleshed-story doesn't have to be written in one sitting

Was just saying, you seemed to have some good ideas, and any writer will tell that that is where stories come from, and if you want to get better, you just need to begin, usually by jotting down ideas (okay, seriously doesn't look like doing a good job of explaining things, so pretend you never read any of this)
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Let me put it this way. It took me about a month to come up with as much detail as I have in that outline and get it sorted in my head enough to you it out. It then took me several days to get it typed out in 5-minute snatches, all on my iPad...usually, I come up with ideas while I’m driving (I’m a truck driver, so the majority of my time is spent driving :p) and by the time I get parked, I’ve forgotten 90% of whatever I had come up with. Not to mention I’m usually pretty tired thanks to long hours and a lack of a consistent time of day for sleeping, and really just want to grab a bite to eat, a shower, and some sleep. :p
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't saying you have to do it on your own without help, was just complimenting you on what you had come up with (and any of the others will tell you how rubbish explanations from me are)

Maybe have one of those dicta-phone things (or just a regular phone set to record) so you can make notes about ideas and stuff, again, not meaning to tell how you should do things, just some stupid ideas that you probably should ignore as they are coming from an utter moron who doesn't know anything about anything
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well, I must say that was an interesting read. The character of Tanja seems to have a lot on her plate at such a young age. From what I read, I can guess that your character is a hero and being a teen adult I can see her being part of the Teen Titans. However, not to nitpick but did you know that the Valkyries were in fact part of Wonder Woman's rogues gallery and even fought against the Justice Society of America
    [IMG]
    I did enjoy her family background because it was not what I expected and can be amusing because it can serve for some comic relief. Now, after how she and Raven are linked, one can be sure that Brother Blood would be intrigued and wouldn't be far behind
    [IMG]