You want us to melee... But not survive!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Aug 18, 2015.

1. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Do you play gadgets? I spend alot of time very close to the boss. Most of the time close enough for the one-shots. So it encompasses the same dangers regardless.
  2. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Some of.

Most of the time EMP can hit from a perfectly safe distance.

'Splosions however starts to get risky with a much shorter range, the mobility of the power does allow for jousting in the traditional MMO sense, although most of the time I play it safe as I don't trust myself with that power for an alt.

Neither of the above are still as risking certain death as rage/light users trying to fully melee to make the most of their damage capabilities.
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I think this is what should happen. Bosses and adds can also inflict DoT's or Mechanics like the Tenebrae links. May also encourage or would require 2 healers.
    • Like x 1
  4. megamanexe Committed Player

i dont think you understand what balance is
    • Like x 1
  5. Backseid Devoted Player

Lol. Ok. Then you tell me how they could make Rage able to Melee Bosse's and have it not be completely unbalanced in every other scenario.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Agreed. We're at the point, in end game at least, where I have absolutely no need to watch my health bar. I'm either full, or dead. There's never any in between.
    • Like x 1
  7. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Try OUTRAGE its 100 % pure death :) coz u not close u on boss ***.
  8. megamanexe Committed Player

making it bad at range which is what they did. balance is not every power doing the same thing or being equal. balance is powers with different strengths that make up for their weaknesses. i.e one power good at melee and bad at range and another power the opposite creates balance.
  9. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Lol well no thnx to that one. I at least want to be able to see what they are doing.
  10. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

It's not that emp can't usually hit from a safe distance, its just that if you actually stay at a safe distance then half of your attacks will miss because the boss moves around too much or the tanks drags them too much. So I stay pretty close to account for the last minute differences.
  11. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Upon reading the thread I feel like all of the "You're not supposed to melee" people are the types of players that either kick you or get mad because you're not playing the way they want you to play. IMO, players like that ruin the game more than anything. I've played the game and DPS'd enough to know that if you know what to look for, in most cases you'll be fine. However, I've also raided from Tanking, Healing, and Trolling perspectives so I know how an inexperienced DPS trying to melee can hinder a group. However, I've never told someone they can't do it but instead I've told them how, if I saw them failing at it. It's easy to tell someone they can't do something but if you know it can be done, why not show/tell them?

IMO, the reason why Melee DPS'ing has gotten increasingly difficult in this game isn't just because a deteriorating skill level among the playerbase, it's the Dev team's unreasonable take at "hard content". OHKO attacks and random AoE's don't amount to "hard content". I've enjoyed the boss mechanics of every FFXIV boss fight as a MELEE DPS due to how they were arranged.
    1. 100% Fatal attacks had a tell
    2. Potentially fatal attacks could be dodged or mitigated by damage split due to group hugs
    3. Non-Fatal attacks could be healed through
    Three simple mechanics allowed for Melee DPS's to fight and use all of their skills from the first mission all the way to end-game. Sure, they'd lose DPS time by avoiding certain attacks that ranged DPS didn't have to avoid as much but their damage ceiling is and should be higher so it evens out. The risk is worth the reward. DCUO has way too many things that make Melee seem almost like a game of dodgeball, if you get hit then you're dead.
    1. Too many OHKO attacks
    2. "PvP mechanics" in PvE
    3. Unscripted AoE's that kill on hit
    • Like x 1
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Then why have melee then? Just make everyone spec rifle, DP, bow. Not meleeing bosses is ridiculously stupid. Pretty much every superhero melees. How boring would this game be if everyone had to range? Should I just stand back and fling shurkens all through the fight?
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd like that to be, but that is not what the Developers are doing at all (unfortunately). :(
  14. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

What's the point, ull just be ignorant and say we're confused. Even though more than enough ppl already explained that's it's possible they done, heck ppl was melee from t1 to t4, only reason they stopted because of how one shots were abused from t5 and up.

I melee BS np, I melee NGN np, although just like every1 else I need to block and know when to get out of the way. But again I guess I'm confused right?

1. Devs came out and said when power came out was a melee power........that's not proof? Lol

2. When they fix/revamped it the only did it's melee side or at least paid more attention to the melee side and came out again and said because rage is a melee base.

3. Just by lookin and playin the power ull know it's a melee power lol

4. Everyone here is telling u its melee but ur ignorance is just beyond anythin I seen.

5. Ur confused....
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Ur just wasting ur time bro, he's confused lol
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Games have multiple facets....Some things you can melee...and some things you cannot. Some players perform at different levels than others. If you want to melee a new raid at the minimum CR for example, then do it, but don't complain when you die is the point.....Hello? If you want to melee the same raid after raising your CR a bit, it'll obviously be easier.....But for some people, it's just easier to range. Is this making any sense to you?
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Confused about what? Please explain.
  18. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Ull further be confused, specially if after all these ppl talkin and explaining and u still don't get it then there's nothin to explain to u lol
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I've already explained myself. You can't even when I asked you to.....You either want range rage to be stronger, you want to melee raid bosses without consequence, or you want the devs to just magically do something to carry you since you can't utilize team and game mechanics. What other option is there?
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

U keep sayin there's no such thing as Melee so what u did from start in of the game till t4? After t4 they made content around range which made melee almost impossible because of these weird aoes and out of nowhere one shots. But after u get over geared u can come back and melee almost everythin. I'm able to Melee in PW, NGN and almost half of HH.

But then I'm stuck with DB. I get what ur sayin, but to say there's no such thing or can't melee anythin is just wrong. Thwy made it harder to melee for sure, but me and few others already explained that we managed to melee as long as we are careful. Heck I even melee bombshell. I did die twice cuz of my mistake but other than that it was somewhat a smooth ride thanks to the tank, trolls stunning adds when they could and frequent repositioning myself and blocking when needed.