You want us to melee... But not survive!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

Well I know how to melee and that's not the problem, the problem is staying alive when the bosses do there 1shots and other moves that hit for 25k or more. Why would they make rage melee it's main source of damage if you can't survive getting up close and personal? They should of re did the power moves and added some range ones.
  2. AL Lonso New Player

Some one shots have tells before it happens (I.e: Stompa's charge, she'd point at her target before charging), some are cross-fires (Lashina's 3 combo whip; even though she's attacking the tank with this, anyone standing behind her would still get hit) and some don't have tells and just randomly happen (Hydra's stomp).

Tip for one-shots that don't have tells; you don't need to know/predict when these are coming, you just need to wait for them to do it. These type of one-shots have a cooldown before they do it again, there's your window of opportunity to melee.

It's the cross-fires that they need to get rid of, only time I don't melee is when there's an add or boss with 2 handed, 7/10 they will perform doom-spin the second you get close.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but thats the best part no1 plays to build their characters to kill only trash mobs, its all about them bosses.
    • Like x 1
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

*shrug* that's my least favorite part.

I understand your frustration but, if you wanna Melee, be a Tank. That's the Melee that's intended.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea but when they show cased rage they even said rage is for all the melee fiends(not the exact wording obviously lol) implying things were going to change but yea we see it didnt.
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Idk, I would never have thought they would intend for one power to somehow be able to Melee when no other could. Being good a Melee for everything BUT bosses is what makes sense.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats what I dont get why make it shine in 1 area and not another? seems like a big flaw on the makers end IMO.
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I actually did melee last boss in BS and had little trouble. Surprisingly. The enemies are focused on the tank. I'm usually able to take out 1 or 2 adds with some weapon splitting damage hitting the boss. I find it enjoyable. I did go down once but that was because I was already into the Outrage combo and when it landed spikes were down and I went down because my rage ability I just cancelled. Nothing I could do for that, but it was absolutely fun going into and smashing the add and boss with Outrage.

I have seen some HL players jump in there too after using Light Barrier. They did ok for damage. Event he second boss can be melee in BS if the bank position her correctly. HH you cannot melee, but you can melee in NGN until the last boss, even there you can if the tank is able to position themselves correctly.

Actually HH you can melee if you know when to jump in and when not too. That is the thing, you have to time your melee attacks. The problem I see is the one shots. The max damage any boss should do is 85% health of a DPS at their CR level. If the boss is 2 CR above us, it should be 75-80%. This way, we can melee, but we are dependent on the healer to ensure we do not die.
    • Like x 3
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

Not really. How could they make just one powerset able to Melee Bosses? That just doesn't make any sense. Like I said before, there is a whole lot more to the game besides Boss fights. That's the most boring part anyway. Lol. Go out there and enjoy kicking *** up close. Us others can't do that and be competitive. ;)
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

I agree with this 100%. One shots are not fun, not challenging and flat out annoying. I honestly can't remember the last time I used a soder in group content. I'm either full health, or dead. Nothing in between.
    • Like x 1
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

BS is the first raid in a while where I'm not one shotted, I mean ONE BANGED.

Back to my point; in BS I was hit once for 2.5K by an add. In HoH when it first launched an add hit me and I went down. This shows that the developers are listening to us. There are mechanics though in BS, spikes, that can take us out but it is not one shot. It is high damage AoE. I believe in the 5-8K range. That means if the healer is not healing, we go down. I know in one run where I was healing and those were placed right below me. I healed through it, so they are not one shots if a healer can heal through it. Just like the debuff, two healers can heal most players through that as well.

I hope they continue to use BS as the model going forward, but there are still one shots, 2nd boss lasso is a one shot. These one shots do need to be removed. I'm fine if the lasso does 10-12K in damage but 18K is a lot and most DPS players do not have that type of health.
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Alot of what the devs do doesn't make sense so there's nothin new here either. Besides when they did announce rage they did say somethin along those lines that this power will be for those that prefer to melee. Matter fact it was better, better survivability when rage was in its first few months but with all the pvp cries the nerf they do, for any power matter of fact effects pvp and pve. But I don't see why one power only can't be just melee, they screwed up, they fail to give us one more move for range or increased db at least but keep focusing to make melee even better.

so again u sayin "don't make sense for them doing it that", u should be Askin why WOULD they do that to only one power and then make it where we can barely survive. Really rage was and forever will be intended to be melee and melee anythin and everythin, but the problem is the survivability, it just that the risk doesn't warrant the reward specially when there's random one shots with no tells or freakin adds that are lower than u but have one shot abilities.
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Again. This is where you two are getting confused.

If they made a powerset, able to Melee Bosses, it would unbalance the whole game far more than The FotM's.

So go have fun punching adds in the face! There's a lot more of them than Bosses. Wanna get up close to the bigger boys? Press "T" ;)
  14. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I've melee'd all of NGN with a rage toon and another melee rage DPS in the group. Didn't die once.
  15. RLManuel Committed Player

Rage is an up close and personal power, it's not like the other powers that let you have a little space between you and your target and let you do BIG damage. Rage is all melee and I love that, it would be better if it got a health increase... Or give it some range attacks like Hard Light. Hard Light has the best of both worlds, it can range dps for good damage and go in close for even better damage. Hard Light also need a health increase to make its melee more survivable.
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Well you're playing respec token universe online. How do people not get this? If your ego can't handle it, switch powers until they make rage ranged more OP.
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I think ur the 1 that's confused but oh well
  18. CollKev Well-Known Player

I like rage and thats why ill complain to make it better.
  19. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I'm a gadgets dps so I am always pretty close to melee range (mid-range technically). So long as you can block, lunge to cancel, or move fast enough with the one shots, it's not been a major issue for me.
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

mid-range is not melee not even close :)