You shouldn't be able to be invited to an instance by someone not in the group you're currently in

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by glow, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Singlemaltkiller New Player

hope the devs read this thread and write some code so all your boxes go to the needy!
  2. Meta Flare New Player

As I said in the other post before you started to troll it. I don't mind it in PVP as I stay in the whole time since I need the practice. It is annoying in PVE, only if you got put into a dead instance.

But it does help weed out the ragers. They either have to chill out and play or sit there with their thumb up their but for 10 mins. Ad that's what should happen. I don't see the point in these whiny threads. Oh wait your trolling, I forgot.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Kitsune New Player

It is not a bad idea even in PVE but the problem lies in the way the instance queing works, and the fact that the queing system is not working properly. IF you go into an instance and decide to leave it purposefully for what ever reason then you deserve a penalty. But for DC's and broken instances it is relatively a bad thing.
  4. Singlemaltkiller New Player

the number of people I have had leave for no good reason, thus messing up an otherwise adequate group for whatever content, makes this acceptable to me. You leave an instance, you now need to be replace and all momentum and concentration is gone, the people being abandoned are being penalized by someone leaving, why shouldn't the quitter be punished?
    • Like x 1
  5. Singlemaltkiller New Player

Unfortunately if they made it recognize DC's puposefull deserters would pull the plug rather than walking or warping out, causing an even bigger inconvenience for the group, as they either need to vote the person out or wait on the DC.
  6. The Kitsune New Player

You are right with this and, people will take advantage of something like that. BUt then again it is not really fair to the ones who do not do that. Not much that can be done about it I suppose though.
  7. Singlemaltkiller New Player

If I have to leave because an instance is bugged or if I DC, I am willing to accept this penalty if it means that people who would abuse the system can't and are getting the punishment that they have brought on, more so the PVPers, but that goes back to the if they have to put it in PVE to be fair to PVP I am okay with that too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Silver Wing New Player

Having people pay for game time like I do and then having the audacity to say "know what you cant play for 10 minutes because you left a disaster of a raid/alert" My game time I pay for should never be taken away from me and if it is i should be refunded.. How many other successful mmos you know of that do this? probably not very many. quitting during a raid/alert should not be a big deal to those who stay there is always reopen instance or invite someone else to fill the gap. What if the whole group decides its a wash and everyone leaves, everyone gets a penalty? come on now smarten up. This needs to go.
  9. The Kitsune New Player

This is true, There are other things to do, and 10 minutes is not that long anyhow. I still feel that it is unfair to the honest players, nut like you said I will eat it to keep the dishonest players from abusing it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cerbius New Player

I have yet to play an MMO which enforces a "deserter" penalty. I actually used the time to check out another game I downloaded. I think I will start using this deserter's penalty as time to check out other games. Perhaps I will give Vindictus another go.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sparkman New Player

The one problem is that if the penalty only goes to people who go to the leave instance and not people who's internet DCs then you will have people pulling their internet connection.
  12. The Kitsune New Player

A quote from before your post. SInglemaltkiller and I were discussing this very thing.

13. Ionthas Well-Known Player

I got added to a raid while in Oan. We kill Krona and I leave. Bam, a deserter penalty. What? Guess I didn't wait for the scorecard. Smh
    • Like x 2
  14. Charlie Fantom New Player

Surprisingly, the Star Wars pinball game is not to bad. I too have used this 10 min for other things. :)
  15. Cerbius New Player

I began playing Marvel Heroes. Its free so I figured it would be worth a shot. I've been enjoying it for the time being. Also Hawken is pretty fun too. the matches are quick so I can actually get a match done within the deserter's penalty.

Its easy to forget just how many cheap/free games are out there when your consumed in an MMO that sucks up all your gaming time.
  16. MattMinus New Player

Someone with a brain would have just not left any groups. This has happened to me and being in one group doesn't stop you from joining an instance with the other.
  17. Charlie Fantom New Player

So you like holding up the other group that's yelling for you to que up? You give fanboy a bad name.
    • Like x 1
  18. Agnetta Dedicated Player

they would just kick you pretty fast
  19. Singlemaltkiller New Player

No, you appologize to the other group and explain the situation. Also the message to que up for an instance and the message to go into an existing instance are DIFFERENT. If you use your eyes, you'll know which is which.
  20. blklightning New Player

That's just ridiculous. I just responded to an /lfg for Inner raid. Was queued up and the group was already in progress. That wasn't disclosed, but i was ok with it. They had spent NINETY minutes there, but were still at Zetta Drone. All of that is ok, but this... there were now 3 controllers, including me. We knew we had to figure out the power situation and had just started asking questions. Someone else says that 1 troll should switch to dps. Duh, but who? So, we're asking vits and then someone starts the battle. Well, that's idiotic. Can't change roles in combat and still didn't know who was doing p0t.

At that time, i still had not entered the room. I don't go in unless I know what's going on. So, I told them to figure their crap out BEFORE starting fights and left the instance.

So... tell me... why should I be getting a deserter penalty when I tried to work w/ the group and it was unresponsive?