YodaDog's Guide for DCUO Terms & Acronyms

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by YodaDog, May 7, 2013.

1. YodaDog New Player

It means "too long, didnt read."
  2. YodaDog New Player

Well, I believe now is the time to take an extended, and possibly permanent, vacation from DCUO.
    That should please many folks, but I like to think I made some good friends and overall was a positive presence both in game and here on the boards. But that is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

I had forgotten about my little guide here. I'll be finishing off the various powersets today and then leave it at that. Hopefully, it helps the next and present generation of DCUO players.

All the best,

YodaDog
    • Like x 2
  3. Lucaefor New Player

Just take a break. I'm doing that too, I'll be off shortly for a few weeks to chill out as forums have been hitting hard lately. Hopefully we can make friends next time around.

Oh and this thread needs a sticky.
    • Like x 1
  4. DrewCheech New Player

Wow I forgot I posted this, thank you for getting back to me.
    Sorry to hear you leaving, I know how deeply you enjoyed DCUO.
    I'm on a break myself because of Diablo 3, but I'm sure at some point I will venture back.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

1: Great Guide!!!

2: You will be missed.

3: You forgot OMZ (Oh My Zod!) from the funhouse.

4: Take care of yourself. Hope to see you again soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. YodaDog New Player

Thx brother. Take care.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Just realized yodas not been around did he quit the game?
  8. Warlan New Player

Totally rage quit after hearing about JC and animation times being adjusted.

Or maybe it was something about skill points...I forget.
    • Like x 2
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

He's around :)
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

We'll good to know he was always one of my favorite posters
  11. Warlan New Player

I knew it!!!!
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

He had to go into hiding after multiple assassination attempts while he was President of Joker's Funhouse.

He's building an army and shall return.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

We know the truth, the entire Rebels league is actually one guy with a bunch of PS4s and TVs...and multiple forum accounts. The crew that showed up to SOE Live were mostly hired actors.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dephyre Committed Player

Nice necro, was actually wondering what happened to Yoda the other day.
  15. TaterToddCOH New Player

*Pssst* If there is a COH League let me know...*fades into the shadows*
  16. mana_133322 New Player

for what does pm stand?
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Typically private message. Holy Necro'd threads though Batman!!!!

I still miss Yoda :(
  18. Dene Devoted Player

Question - what do the forum posters mean when they say "Cheese"? I read it as using a way too easy power/weapon move that does more damage than it should.. is that about right?
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Cheese can refer to different things. It usually refers to using either exploits or legit mechanics for purposes they clearly weren't intended for. I'd also count the opposite, techniques that take a lot of extra effort for questionable gain, or tactics for DPS competition to the point where the whole purpose of the competition breaks down and becomes meaningless.

A few examples from the past:
    • using Clown Box to evade oneshots even though that clearly wasn't the point of Clown Box and it was fairly useless for anything else
    • replacing your troll with a Nature Healer who can regen his own Power and CC everything with Harvest
    • using weapon taps in the air so you can do Flip Slash on a target without having to enter melee range
    • throwing powers in the air just so you can start your AM before the fight even begins
    • prebuilding your SC just so you can run ahead and drop two Bigguns on the first couple of adds with the single goal of inflating scoreboard numbers
    • generating fake damage (through pet detonation or object destruction) that shows up on the scoreboard but has zero impact on instance progress
    • clipping with bots for a minor DPS boost that requires you to sacrifice a trinket slot and takes a relatively high amount of effort
    • a fresh example from AoJ, ignoring the loot picker after Dr. Fate in War Crimes just so you can sprint ahead and nuke some adds before your teammates can damage them :rolleyes:
    Things like Clown Box that allow you to bypass content mechanics are obviously high-priority exploits while most of those other examples are more "tryhard" competition techniques or meta plays that just evolved from flaws in past systems design.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

wow.. great expanation :) - thanks!

oh and, sadly, i encounter the Dr Fate one daily *rolls eyes* - and a few others i've seen in action lol

• Like x 1