Yes im Slapping the gift horse right in his mouth!!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Ok look here is my issue with player gifts.. every gift given throughout the course of the game are like markers in time, if you were playing when you got this item. Any many many of us play multiple toons. It drives me up the wall when we're given some gift like for example the Jim Lee art. I want that in all my bases and its pointless to just give us one where we have to choose which toon to put it on.

I mean it cost them nothing to give us a made up created item on our account instead of one toon so why not do it. I can honestly say that I would almost in a lot of cases not get anything at all than just have it in one toons base or style or whatever because to me it defeats the whole purpose of playing more than one toon.

feel free to not think my way but honestly, I think this every single time we are given something that they only give it to us for one toon.
    • Like x 13
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I miss the day when gifts were permanent redemption not one per account. Skeets vs Brainiac Skeets.
    • Like x 12
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yea I don’t know why they do this, very annoying. Especially considering so many will redeem it on the “wrong” toon because they do not know / expect it to be that way.
    • Like x 10
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In before DarkVisor.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Or wall of tech.
    • Like x 8
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The base items were made tradable and people were throwing them on the broker. I don't see why they can't do the same for styles and such unless there's some contractual agreement we're unaware of. These new t-shirts are based on real life t-shirts. The designer would probably seek some sort of monetary compensation if all of our toons were rocking their art.
  7. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Your description of what the gifts are is spot on.

First gift I ever received was the 4th year (I think) anniversary poster. Only my main has this as he was the only toon that existed then.

Then there were the orreys of the multiverse, the base 1 & League Hall 1. My 1st alt was around then so this sits as the centrepiece in my alts' League Hall.

I'm not sure if the thinking behind the change is so they can sell the items on the MP, but even having them on the MP dilutes the anniversary/I was there aspect.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Astral New Player

So why can't they just put a 'cannot trade' flag on the item. like with the gold/silver/bronze material pack was given to members. any of my toons can redeem it but i can't put the item on the marketplace
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

No no, that's not the problem. They are only redeemable once for one character only. If we wanted to have it on all our characters, we can't.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

A while ago I said they should do a gift redeem vendor for alts, the exception is to have at least one of whatever gift on the account( so people who don't have that specific gift, can't receive that specific gift if they don't have it on their account etc). Member gifts too, I wish I can have all gift base items and styles on my alts, my main hordes most of the gifts these days lmao. Also wish my newer alts could get brainiac servo
    • Like x 1
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I don't see why they can't put this stuff in the MP. Krypto is a good example. They gave him away free and then they put him in the MP. I don't know why this couldn't be done with these gifts they occasionally give out.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They just did it with the 2018 Dark Spector suit. That was part of last year's gift.
    • Like x 1
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Considering that it is a gift for the account. After making that virtual item one time it can be duplicated millions of times for virtually nothing. One per account is kind of cheesy. I think the some people ( devs) do not understand that a lot of players have more than two or three alts that they like to play. I know that I have at least 30 alts between 3 accounts that I play. Granted it takes me a year sometimes in between some characters but I did make them and I do play them on a rotational basis ( my alts get rotated on the seasonals ). It's kinda funny sometimes when I get on an alt and someone sends me a tell......Hey where have you been. It's been like a year. LOL
    • Like x 2
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Style Unlocking does exist, though it may be cold comfort to some...
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If the style can be unlocked, great!
    If not; that sux.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I think its because the base items have been tradeable, honestly I don't know why.

I think they should just be Account bound, but untradeable and able to be claimed an infinite number of times.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are looking at making these available for style unlocking.
    • Like x 12
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Yea i agree it should be eligible for style unlocking.. its a nice but simple shirt..

Since the materials have become essentially the NEW COLOR PALETTES can you guys make it possible to have a total of 5 materials slots since there are wayyyyyyyy more materials in game? Thanks in advance
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Not to nitpick, but the phrase is "look the gift horse in the mouth." :p
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

In Georgia we make up our own sayings. There’s no need to put the pickle jar on a hot plate.

#nonconformists
    • Like x 4