Yes, Another Linkdead Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JasonIsley, Jun 28, 2017.

1. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Can we please turn Linkdeath off for PS users only until a fix is found? It usually takes me close to 10 minutes to reset my system and get back in anyway and I've been fortunate enough to not be in an instance when it happens. However, no one wants to wait 10+ minutes for a PS player to return if they DC during a raid, unless it's a league run. I've been keeping a journal of all the times I have been Linkdead, which is every single time our systems freeze.

1. Character name: BIackLocust
    2. Server: USPS
    3. Date/Time: June 16 10:34 AM EST
    4. Crash Type: long periods of hitching followed by my system freezing
    5. Any sort of error message or number?: N/A
    6. Where were you in the game? Typhon's Monster Invasion
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: I had just gotten out of the Ultimate Soldier raid, I was in the Watchtower when the hitching began, left group and went to Typhon's Monster Invasion to start the weekly 410 mission, hitching continued and increased in severity, went to send a tell to a friend that I was lagging and my system froze
    8. Platform details: PS3

3. Date/Time: June 16 3:33 PM EST
    4. Crash Type: system freeze without warning
    6. Where were you in the game? one of my lairs
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: literally just entered decorator mode and rotated my camera angle and my system froze.

No issues at all between June 17 and June 24, surprisingly.

3. Date/Time: June 25 5:23 AM EST
    6. Where were you in the game? Time-Torn Area 51/Command Center
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: turned in all my dailies and was standing on the balcony a few feet from Lady Blackhawk, talking to the group I was in. I would also like to note that most of our group members DC'd. One DC'd upon entry, when he finally came back another one of our group DC'd, and then I DC'd shortly after that.

3. Date/Time: June 25 7:17 PM EST
    6. Where were you in the game? Watchtower/Tech Wing Soder Vendor
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: buying soders

No issues June 26

3. Date/Time: June 27 10:52 AM EST
    6. Where were you in the game? Time-Torn Area 51/above the Command Center
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: This was an intentional experiment I wanted to try, I flew above the Command Center and just hovered there, 2 minutes later I was frozen

The entire Command Center is a linkdeath trap. The vendor/teleporter section in TTA51 is the only spot where I ALWAYS experience severe hitching followed by system freeze. There have been random issues I have where I can not move past the force field upon entering TTA51, I have to wait a few seconds before I can move past the barrier. Same for the War-Torn Village but not as frequent. It's reminiscent of issues I've had in the Labyrinth where it won't let me pass through the glass barrier into the room.
    The vendor upon entry of WTV triggers VERY EXTREME hitching for me after using it, leaving that room (if you can get to the doorway) seems to fix this. The room that contains the supply boxes that leads to the battle field is another laggy area, it's not uncommon to see a player disconnected there. Again, after you leave the room there is no longer any lag unless you have the mission to supply the Blackhawks and are flying back and forth into that room.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive frozen and been kicked to my desktop when entering time torn area 51. And then i was linkdead. Got back in and it happened again. Its a little frustrating seeing "server stability" fixes and then this stuff happens literally the next day. But then bosses with high cr are spawned in the WT/HoD to check server stability? :confused: I dont understand this.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I think link death should be scrapped altogether. Its clearly not going to be fixed, or stay that way if so.
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have only had 1 issue of linkdead lately. It was Monday night as we were finishing USr
    One minute fighting the soldier then poof! Loading screen

Other than that no issues
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So what's your solution then to ppl who bluescreen in round 15^. If your going to ask it to be removed present another option
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

Option,

reboot the system as fast as you can within the 10 minute timer window until your character is no longer in a link dead state.

OH!
    wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SMH,

sorry,

that's the "work around" for console players.

Option #2,

fix the issues causing the crashes/blue screens.
    • Like x 1
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

3. Date/Time: June 29 6:17 PM EST
    6. Where were you in the game? The Watchtower
    7. What were you doing just previous to event?: in a raid group, changed to healer armory, readied up, queue popped and couldn't even hit X before my system froze. Friend I was in group with messaged me to tell me to hurry up, can't Linkdead. His reply: we'll do it some other time.