XP scandal and the Price to be paid...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Dec 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

OMG Lol That Opening Line Was So Funny

This Guy Is Being Soooo Dramatic
    Defending Cheater Exploitng Losers C'mon
    • Like x 2
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just another apologist to put on "ignore"...
    • Like x 2
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I have noticed my broker sales are way down in the past week in a half so I guess there's a correlation between money glitchers buying up as much uncommon collections and stuff etc and then selling it at very much marked up prices? So the players with the most money to play the broker often are also most likely to have exploited the artifact glitch? Colour me surprised? Oh no whatever shall I do with my virtual junk now? I guess I'll just wait till honest players who actually earned their in game gold take it off my hands I suppose? Aw shucks
    • Like x 3
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Due to a hand injury, I have hardly played for the last month or more, and I have a question: has any of the "famous" players (bad, good, toxic) been banned? Did any of the youtubers get banned? Has anyone "famous" from the trade chat got banned?
    • Like x 1
  5. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

I don't suppose Daybreak could post a list of all the character names of the 800+ people that got it? :p

server/character_name

[IMG][IMG]
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

I would rather the game shut down than exist with rife, unpunished cheating of the scale we saw in that exploit week.

I am also sick of reading equivocation and whataboutery from players on this forum about the cheating. Anyone who exploited that glitch to get themselves free stuff deserves a lifetime ban. They can go and cheat in some other game I don’t play, I guess it’s too much to hope any of them have learned their lesson.
    • Like x 7
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

If players don't get punished, they never learn and will keep repeating exploits whenever they get the chance. This harms the game.

If players want to go around unbanned, there is an easy trick for it.... Do. Not. Exploit.

/endthread
    • Like x 5
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People are also away for the holidays.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tolly Committed Player

You define this as cheating when all they did was to increase artifacts faster with most of the items they already had, knowing that in reality this won't even have a significant impact on the game, because players aren't even guaranteed 100% success, plus you have to be in multiple players for most of the content in DC Universe Online and that in any case these players will be at the same levels as all the other players in the game, which is to say they will have artifacts at rank 200.

The magnitude you're giving this is just over the top, probably, out of jealousy of not having it. The whole thing is just ridiculous!
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

With items that they weren't supposed to use and knew they weren't supposed to which is the definition of taking advantage of an exploit.

Jealousy? Why would we be jealous of people suspended from the game?
    • Like x 5
  11. mwhite1069 Level 30

I was going to try to explain to you why this is a big deal, but after reading several of your posts it's obvious you cheated and are doing some moral gymnastics to justify it. Nothing anybody says will open your eyes to the scumbag nature of what you did, so, yeah, I promise that neither you, nor anyone else who gets perma banned over this, will be missed, at all. Bye Felicia.
    • Like x 3
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The devs banned only those who exploited a lot, if someone was banned on accident, it will be reversed next week, this is not up to us.

I dont think most of the people are deserving of a permanent ban, only the ones who made multiple accounts to sell them, but none of what you said makes sense.
    1) There isnt any Marvel MMO coming in sooner than like 3 years.
    2)Only 800 accounts across all servers were banned, which is less than 0.2% of the last reported average monthly population.
    3) The game had much much worse times than this. We are in the first week of holidays with vaccines for most the world, after a terrible episode launch and the population isnt even as bad as when they launched like Zoo.

Sorry, but right now it looks like one of your friends or you got banned and you are trying to cry without making it obvious, because thats all I can see from your post.
    • Like x 2
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That would be literally illegal.
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Nobody is jealous of people who got suspended and will get their artifacts rolled back even if the suspension is over. Our artifacts are hard earned and permanent.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is the ONLY thing you are correct about.
    • Like x 1
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Its not the same thing though lol. People who use aimbots and injectors on competitive gaming are on a whole different level, what happened here is the abuse of a bug that can be rolled back and doesnt directly affect the gameplay of others.
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

We didn't lose players, we lost (piece of ****) exploiters who deserve to be banned.

I don't know what's more sad....the people who exploited or the people defending them.
    • Like x 4
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're both equally sad.
    • Like x 4
  19. C3alix Committed Player

Yes. Taking advantage of an exploit multiple times while knowing it's not the right is cheating.

Were they Nth Metal items, which are only used to increase the xp of artifacts? Or were they a different item with a much higher xp value for other items that do not pertain to artifacts?

Imagine owning a car wash. Cars drive up, driver pays money for what they want in the kiosk, gets the service, and then drives off, right? Now imagine owning that same car wash, but the drivers find out you can use Monopoly money instead of actual cash or your Planet Fitness card instead of a credit card to get the same exact service.

No significant impact? The artifacts tab was temporarily REMOVED because of the impact it had.

....what?

Can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I define cheating as doing acts that you are not supposed to be able to do in order to go over steps or gain an advantage. Spin it however you want. Players used items to feed into stuff they were not intended to go into. Exobytes have experience worth around 50k+ by endgame. Allies have a value of 1 per favor and nth has a dropped value of 10-100. These are no where close to the 50k exobytes that you can get just by spamming a solo.

So yes these people cheated. And by the way you are trying to spin it, you are probably one of the ones who was caught cheating and is now trying to get support to return without taking responsibility.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.