Xbox Server Updates

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, though I may have missed it if it was...

From what I understand, we cannot have quick and easy updates/fixes due to PSN and their approvals.

Will there be any difference over on the Xbox server? Does Xbox have any of the same hurtals in the way? If not, will they be able to put out "fixes" more often?

Just something I've been meaning to ask.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

I would assume XBL has similar restrictions that PSN does.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Form what NerdofPrey said.... DCUO for XB One is almost ready..... they are just waiting for XB approuval.

So I would guess that XB will need to approuve any update/fixes same way PSN does.
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I just hope the Xbox doesn't effect the way the PS /PC gets episodes. I hope we don't see a situation were the Xbox has to get the episodes a week or two before PS/PC.
    • Like x 1
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

If they ever release episodes first on XB1, I wouldn't even know how to react.... That would be incredibly unfair to the loyal customer base that has been around for a long time. Imagine, we'd be sitting here playing an old episode whilst the new kids in the block get a new episode. Even if it's on another server, I still wouldn't be happy at all.
    • Like x 5
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

There will be no difference.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i think its safe to assume microsoft will have to approve GUs and episodes like PSN does.
    • Like x 1
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Microsoft does the same as PSN, this goes for ESO and Warframe, so most likely the same will be for DCUO.
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yeah, XBL's QA process isn't unlike PSN, so they too won't be as flexible as PC in how fast patches are released. What day they host an update may be different though, as I don't think XBL and PSN have 'update days' on the same day. It could mean one platform gets to see content a day or two earlier than the other.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The overall goal is to keep all platforms in sync in terms of updates and releases.
  11. Liberator New Player

Thanks Mepps, its says that the XB1 is launching "Spring", which for the US is March/April/May, which means, by rights we should see the release of the XB1 version no more than a month away?
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Technically, Summer doesn't start till June 20th-22nd. :p
  13. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

So in other words if one platform is dragging then the rest would have to wait until it clear gotcha.
  14. DarthJafo Committed Player

I said exactly the same thing many times. The pedantic people pointed out the spring doesn't end until June 20th. IGN has it listed on their site as June. So, not that they know anything really, but I'm gonna guess June 15th