Xbox One Controller lag

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Hemmy, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Hemmy Committed Player

I'm not sure if this is true for the live versions of the game, as I've only encountered this on the test server, so I thought it should go here.

Simply put:
    when using an xbox one controller with the game, there are periodic lag spikes of up to a second between input and game reaction. The exact same circumstances, instance, items, character, everything do NOT result in input lag when using a ps4 controller of keyboard and mouse.

The lag with the xbone controller doesn't seem to be dictated by anything at all. From just flying around an empty base, to running a full raid, the input lag spikes seem to appear randomly.

These spikes last anywhere from a fraction of a second to several seconds (up to about 10 when I counted the longest one.) and disappear just as randomly.

I'm not sure what's being done behind the scenes to prepare for the xbone launch (if much at all this early on) but I thought that might be the reason for these random input problems. It's also kind of hard to take screenshots or video of this happening for obvious reasons, you'll just have to either test it yourself or take my word for it. Why would I make this up? :p

Thanks for reading, talk to you later!
  2. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Yeup, for PS4 controller, it lags after 30 minutes and there hasn't been any info on this is being worked on.
  3. Hemmy Committed Player

Interesting. I just played for several hours using a ps4 controller. (not to mention the dozens of hours, several other ps4 controllers, and multiple machines I've used.) I haven't seen any lag using the Playstation equivalent, it only seems to appear when using and xbox one controller.
    • Like x 1
  4. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

I'll check it out!
    • Like x 1
  5. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Yes, I am having the same issue.