XBOX 360 Wireless Controller stopped working after update

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ejcortes, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ejcortes New Player

Hi!

My XBOX 360 Wireless Controller stopped working (in the game) after last update! :(

That's all I can say, it's as simple as that. No error messages. Controller works perfectly with other games. Even the game configuration recognizes that my controller is there. Checked drivers... up to date. Did the game-file checking... nothing. Batteries seem ok. PC Controller configuration is perfect, I even recalibrated it.

I haven't played in a while. So, I "launch the Launcher", downloads updates, and BOOM! It just STOPPED WORKING.

Windows 8 user, experienced programmer... so, not a "PC N00B".

I've been Googling for more than 3 hours... and nothing. Please, help! :confused:
  2. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Have you updated the (1) USB drivers and/or (2) the drivers for the controller? My controller (also a wired 360, homey) did the same thing until I updated my USB drivers.
  3. ejcortes New Player

Everything is up to date. Well, my network drivers ain't, but that's intentional... (old drivers work better).

This is frustrating. The only thing that occurs to me is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. But that's a whole day of downloading... and I don't want to...
  4. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Ej, I recommend submitting a ticket with both your Dxdiag and Msinfo so we can figure out if there's something else preventing it from working.
    • Like x 1
  5. ejcortes New Player

On it... Thanks for the suggestion.

Hope they can help.
  6. Dark Cosmonaut New Player

The same problem is happening to me. As ejcortes say there is no error messages, all drivers updated, game options/configurations recognizing that same controller saying that is already supported and doesn't need recalibration. I'm also a PC experienced user, I used to fix computers... I'm sure the problem is the game, since it happened after update. I have joystick enabled ingame... In some computers is working, in others isn't working. Please fix this problem!
  7. ejcortes New Player

For those having this problem, I managed to fix running the game in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode.

1. Right click on the launcher icon, click properties.
    2. Compatibility tab
    3. Run this app in Windows 7 compatibility mode, Run as administrator... :)

[IMG]

Remember, drivers are for WIndows 7, not Windows 8. That was my epiphany lol

Enjoy!
  8. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

^^^ Thanks for the info Ej!
  9. jimmyjjohn New Player

Can someone please clear this up? In many of the Youtube videos published over the last few weeks many reviewers have cited that wireless PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers are compatible with OUYA. Can someone verify this please? Here's my hesitations:

1) Xbox 360 Wireless Controller technology is proprietary only to Microsoft
    2) PS3 controllers are bluetooth and can be paired very easily with a USB Cable
    3) The only way I knew of to get Xbox 360 controllers working wirelessly with a PC was with the USB wireless accessory. Is this required for operation with the OUYA?

I'd like to get all the facts straight before assuming I have plenty of controllers ready to go.

Thanks!
  10. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Since this is not a DC Universe Online technical related question, I'm afraid no one here can answer this. Sorry for the inconvenience. Perhaps going on the Ouya forums may be able to provide this information.