XA-DU self-healing without being near the lights in Normal and Elite.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by myandria, Jul 9, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

As the title states, Xa-Du can heal himself without being near any lights in Normal and Elite if you have him pinned against the wall. When I tried this yesterday he did not self heal; today he is self healing when I use this strategy. This suggests that a characters with both roles fully utilized and/or that can do a high amount of damage will be highly successful for the Normal and Elite versions. I do not use the DPS role at all, so it's a hard struggle trying to do the Elite version with a Healer, Controller and Tank. Is this intended? If so, then its all good and I will not waste time trying it again, as my playstyle is not a good fit.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Edit: Ooops! Can a dev move this thread to the Arkham Asylum thread; that is where it was meant to go. Sorry.
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Xa-Du has an ability/power where he starts glowing yellow, it's a skull attack. You have to lunge this attack because it's another heal.

The issue here is that there is a small delay between the counter registering and the heal, meaning even if you time it right, he can still heal a small bit. That's not a big deal for CR 370 DPS, but it is a MAJOR deal for CR 350 support roles. On my farming alts... uhhh, this sucks so much!!!
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

THIS!!!

it’s a special attack that you have to lunge.
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is this the solo instance?
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

It is

As others have stated, the Self Healing isnt a bug, its his special ability. I just did the Elite for the first time today and its really just lunging him like 4-5 times, do 2-3 ability attacks, then back to lunging. Dude is still a push over. You just have to continuously lunge him and he'll lay on his backside.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Understood. And I have tried the timed spam lunge strategy and it doesnt work well with Healers and Controllers, in my opinion. I still think there is a damage threshold and that threshold must be very high; otherwise, my squishy character would have taken him down in Elite by this time. Even Normal can be a struggle if you dont damage him enough and want to get the feat for keeping the lights on.

I dont mind the challenge; however, I just want to know if the damage threshold is part of the mechanics. If so, then there is no reason for me to try to crash through that wall.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Even if you don't run the dps role couldn't you "dps in support role"? make a few might or precision colers, hit up on the d pad and rework your loadout for a better damage output and it should be doable without having to dedicate another set of gear and an armory to it.

I used to run dailies on my support toons in their support roles. My main ran everything in troll role the first year or so of the game. I get it...but I've since come to appreciate how much faster solos and duos go even with a basic/"green" set of gear and playing as dps.

good luck!