WTF is up with my dps damage?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Nodens, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Nodens Dedicated Player

When I first started paying attention to the results of my attacks was when I was going for a feat in the Starro solo mission, with the objective being to destroy all the small Starros on the prison cell doors, before they would grow even once.
    At that time, my fire guy could usually take one of the little guys out in 7 fireballs, although it occasionally took 8. Then I got a better piece of dps gear, with higher might and precision. -but it resulted in me needing to use at least 9 fireballs (USUALLY 10) to take out the very same mobs.
    I just got another dps upgrade today, and guess what? I can't take the little guys out AT ALL before they grow. I tried several times, but it's just not happening.
    WTF??? What the hell is going on here that getting supposed upgrades is causing me to do more poorly? Did the Devs drop the ball AGAIN???
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Git gud, jk idk lol
    • Like x 1
  3. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Hello Nodens, I have a theory but it depends. Are you running through Event or The Actual T8 Solo?
  4. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Hello Nodens.
    Try using weapon attacks on those starros on the cell doors instead. I'm not exactly sure why but it has been my experience that they will die much quicker by hitting them with weapon attacks than superpowers.
    Best of luck :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Nodens Dedicated Player

On my alts, I'm just doing the event version, but this is my main, with whom I'm running the actual solo.
    I should also mention (since I forgot about it during my post), I've actually even gained several skill points since my earliest runs in that mission, and I'd put all 9 of them into might (that stat is now max'd out on the skill tree) -So, I've got increases in Might from both skills and gear, and yet it's taking more attacks to do the same job.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

You might check your generator in your base (if the white mods are not active//not enough energy).

Also did you replacs modded gear with non-modded gear? That can lead to actually less might.
    And yes. Killing those starros before they grow, just use weapon taps. That's fast enough to kill them.
    • Like x 2
  7. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Yes as Tilz mentioned, generator mods and if you're in a league THE LEAGUE GENERATOR proficiencies as well.
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

could be the old might precision damage difference...the game in a very real and fundamental way treats both damage differently...you see this in different ways all over...next time you do The Vault hit some boxes with MIGHT only attacks...then use your least damaging weapon attack...the weapon attack so weak you dont use it...youll see the difference...just one example btw
    • Like x 1
  9. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

I have noticed that from time to time. You are correct, the Vault seems to be a prime example of this :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

If you're running the event version, your stats are capped/scaled. Meaning you won't get higher stats with better gear in there.
    Also the cell-starros are best attacked with weapons. Might based powers tend to miss or don't do any damage at all.
  11. useless Well-Known Player

with every hotfix they change something,maybe this was causing you problems
    "Reduced the timers for the Starro feeding on the cell doors so that they trigger their next phase sooner (this allows for a quicker process in achieving the Patience is a Virtue feat)."