Work In Progress: Total Recovery Kits

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Captain Liberty, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Yeah i think i did exaggerate a bit since i've been unable to play for a few weeks and my memory failed me, I apologize. Actually making that little gerbil work in my head, i did remember an exo scanner yields about 50 exos for me, a t5 mod needs 120 exos, so it takes a little more than 2, and you are way more correct than I was :p

However, we do need to look into the future, if these kits will continue to yield 100% regardless of tier, their value will increase, the more bytes we need for a mod. Devs won't be able to increase the pricing on these once it goes live, so I wouldn't be opposed to them setting the price a bit higher than 2.5 exo scanners just to compensate for the future.

For now, I stand corrected and i can understand now why people expected them to be so cheap, thnks for the reminder Mad9. Still I would like to remind people to think of the future and not just the present and not over react if devs set the price somewhat higher than expected or what would be equivalent to current farming needs.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Let's look at the other items in the marketplace that sell well and sell horribly. To simplify, I'll use the extremes.

Horribly: Ring War/Diamond Heist teleporters. Who uses these? They are worth quite a bit of money and just sit there. I have yet to see anyone buy these or if they did admit to it. The only reason why people have one now is the GU31 free gifts to leveling.

Well: Replay Badges. These are something this game has now made the unit of currency for things. Not just to replay, but to unlock feats in tomorrows update. With the cost being $10 for 350, we are looking at 35 replays per dollar. Which comes to about 9 ish alerts or 29 ish duos/solos. Cost wise, to be honest, what we get based on what we can do normally in game, we are actually making a deal of replays.

Middle: Booster EXP boxes. 2 25% for $1 and 2 50% for $3. These are sort of the middle ground. With the only use of these for leveling alts. There is no point in overexerting your cost, you only can level so many alts.

I base my assumptions on the middle and well rating. Mods aren't fluid. You only need to change them when you get a new piece of gear and with the adding of synth mods, you only need to do at the END of your gear progression. So worrying about needing a ton of these extraction kits wont cause that huge of a problem for an average user. So a lower cost can be used to equate it.

If they make them too high, no one will use them outside of a small portion. And there is no negative downside for pricing them too low, as they are goods that allow you to swap things with ease and people will buy a lot like replays.
    • Like x 1
  3. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

A. Noticed Recovery Kits dropping less, now I know why. :p

B. Shouldn't be more than 100 SC, anything more is a rip-off. 100 SC a kit would mean about $10 to remove all mods from your gear.
    • Like x 2
  4. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I think it's great this conversation about pricing is going on. In my opinion it's likely the single most important aspect of this new item. I would include the 2-pack of scanners in the high selling category. I personally have spent a pretty penny on them and i know people who gobble them up even faster than me. A good price is the main reason.

I think the pricing of these kits should ideally be balanced to not drastically reduce exo scanner sales, and yet be very attractive. If the current cost of getting one mod with scanners is $1.25 (2.5 scanners per t5 mod), perhaps a good forward thinking price would be somewhere in the $1.8-2.2 range?

I really think they shouldn't cost the same or less than scanners do right now, just not good business for them. At 180-220 SC i think they would rank as middle sellers, which would be fine.
  5. heroizm New Player

your reasoning is flawed b/c it is based on a limited perspective. been playing since beta and have 15+ 30s. based on your logic players like myself, who most likely have gone through the same grindfest that you have, have acquired neither skill nor knowledge when we lvl our alts to CR 80+ in a seemingly short time frame. just like IRL, it takes ALL kinds to make the world go round in a MMO - the good, the bad and the ugly... :p
    • Like x 2
  6. NexGenX New Player

Totally agree.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mad9 New Player

Demonic Visions also has a valid argument. Replacing an entire set's mods will cost around $ 10 if the kit is priced at 100 SC whereas if you double it, the same will cost $20 and if they are priced at 300 SC, they'll cost $30 for replacing the mods for a set. That's quite pricy for a lot of people and only a small majority will use them.

Also, with every DLC comes new gear in roughly about three months time while the PVP season comes around every 6 months and the mods will be replaced each time. Imagine someone playing two roles and needing to mod his gear on two sets for different roles.

So, I would have to disagree to have them priced relatively higher than R&D Scanners. 100 SC is a fine price anything over that won't seem viable. I won't like to spend $ 40 to $60 each time a new gear drops. I already pay for a legendary membership and keep spending *** bits here and there. I usually end up spending near about 300+ Euros every year. Pricing them higher than 100 SC will only only discourage players such as myself to make use of these kits.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLoneLantern New Player

I haven't noticed any less of a droprate regarding exceptional recovery kits than before. (perhaps I'm just really lucky)

As a result, can I get a promise from Captain Liberty that you will not go the route of exo nodes, in that you practically made them invisible (and decreased the spawn rates) right before you released the exo scanners? The community does not appreciate that kind of cheap money-making tactic.

For all of those complaining about having a MP recovery kit, you can craft a multitude of different tiered kits right now using the plans sold by the r&d vendor (up to tier 5 costing MoR). If they took exceptionals out of the game, this would not hinder your ability to extract bytes from your gear.

Edit: as far as pricing, I think it should be done like armories. 1 for 100SC, 4 for 300SC, and 10 for 500SC. Also, make them non-tradeable, but account-bound.
  9. smokekinghayze New Player

i find it funny they would offer to kill the exo economy by selling kits for cash, instead of creating styles that people have been asking for years and not effect ingame activity.

besides the above i really dont mind it as i use synth mods on 3 toons and beat the "hardest" raids 3x a week and do everything that these expert mods only people do. if they are dumb enough to base skill on mods then they are dumb enough to pay cash for kits. DC's wallet has a bright future but in game is going to be a ghost town during a depression very soon .
  10. Dametria Loyal Player

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I agree with IL on this. I make most of my in-game cash this way and mainly from T5 players.

Also, another issue IMO is there is nothing comparable that drops in game. I am very much for making the game accessible, and I hold no ill will to anyone who doesn't want to farm exos all day, but if this happens I think putting a guaranteed return on the exceptional recovery kits should be considered. Please REALLY think about this idea before implementing it, we already know players will scream pay to win, but they may be right on this one.
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

If there is a way to acquire these in-game, I'm fine with them. If they are MP only, nope. Just sell the mods at that point and save people the pain of having to farm the initial bits required to make them.
    • Like x 1
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

I like this idea, even though they should have been in-game and purchasable with marks.
    • Like x 1
  13. Myrdin69 New Player

1) actual droprate of exceptionnal kit must remain identical, same with exobit node in town, spawnrate must remain identical
    2) price of those recovery kit should not be more than 100sc for 1 kit

only at those condition those kit are a good idea
  14. RSL New Player

prolly not the best idea here since you might want to upgrade that t5 mod to t6 next time.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ronamus Well-Known Player

I think it would be cool to have the option to either retrieve the Mod itself OR the Exobytes. Why not? Some people want it one way, some the other so why not offer a choice?
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

If this were to be implemented I'd need a purchasable alternative that actually holds weight in comparison

The 5's are a joke...make exceptionals purchasable with marks of triumph (1250 a pop+)

Either way, I don't like that the best of anything can just be bought from the marketplace, so I'm not a fan of this
    • Like x 1
  17. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

I know people will burn me for this but this Should be for lendary only. Let them alwys come in Lock boxes or something. I know this might come off harsh to non-legendaries but at this point I feel anyone can get same convience as me as long they have alot of Muluh.
    All they got to do is one time buy Dlc'sinventory space,ect. Then micro trans of things like ecscrow keys. They actually save more money in long run especially if they like me and dont use money much and with this thats one more reason not to need money much for broker.

Atleast allow this to have drop rate in promenthium boxes as well so I can delude myself that Im getting bang for my sub
    legendary suppose to be more convient and time/money saving shouldnt this fit that description?
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

I'm thinking the people who sell exobytes are doing it as a business. Spawn new char-->lvl up to get scanners --> hunt down bits --> put in shared bank -- > sell em off

I'm sure we've all seen the shout channel spam for 1.5Mil in in-game cash for $9.95 or something like that. Very annoying.
  19. Nightling Active Player

what would be the price ?
  20. Tikkun Loyal Player

This is a good idea, but please do not let this be the only solution to low Exceptional drop rates. I would buy one in a pinch as an impulse buy, but I wouldn't buy a whole set worth. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.