Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

How does the Dev Team feel about Checkpoints?

If this is a 100-wave bit of content, it might be nice to be able to do it over several nights, perhaps with a Weekly Checkpoint Reset.
    • Like x 7
  2. Notangie New Player

Reward Mark of Survival. More marks for longer duration. Make a Survival vendor that has all of the proposed rewards (repair bots, scanners, styles, etc) for varying prices so we can choose what rewards we want.

No lockout for legendary, 20 replays for non-subscribers.
    • Like x 31
  3. Wiiman741 New Player

I'm going to say it: Please no base items as rewards. Only unique styles/Auras.

Maybe do it like this:(Since I know there are going to be base items anyway)
    -At the early stages, have a combo of base items and some useful items like exobits or sodas.
    - Then at the next stages maybe some unique styles and base items
    - Then at advance stages start including some new iconic styles as drops with those previous unique styles and possibly some new auras(slim style perhaps?)

Now to be clear, when I say X and Base Items, I mean AND. As in we should never just receive a base item as a reward. Nothing would infuriate me more.
    • Like x 4
  4. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

This sounds like a lot of Fun.
    • Like x 3
  5. Killgasm Well-Known Player

Fantastic idea!
    I don't think the rewards should have any effect on progression. No gear or feats for success.
    The greatest rewards should be cosmetic and for bragging rights. Exclusive styles, auras, trinkets, and Loyalty Points for tougher milestones.
    Some earlier rewards could be a few Promethium Lockboxes, a 6-pack of temporary stat-boosting Compound Soders, maybe a few rare styles.
    The earliest rewards could be things like R&D Scanners, Radar Enhancers, Proto-Repair Bots, etc.
    • Like x 2
  6. Trinidad James Loyal Player

New Base items! New Character styles! & New Trinket Toys/Consumable Pets

Pool Table!!
    [IMG]

Superboy poster!
    [IMG]

@Feenicks, #givemephoenixwings
    [IMG]

These [GM Only] Boots
    [IMG]

Umm ummm...Really wants New Trinket Toys/Consumable Pets!!

Krytpo & Batdog
    [IMG]

dex-starr
    [IMG]

Ch'p
    [IMG]

Gleek
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  7. aceCase Committed Player

If it's meant to be something fun with the rewards not necessary for progression then I would say make it so replay badges aren't necessary.

As for rewards, why not reward exobytes. That way for those who hate running around all day can farm in survival mode.
    • Like x 15
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

As far as replays go, my suggestion would be lock it based on waves

If I happen to PUG and get into a "weaker" group that only gets to 1 milestone, id like to know that I could wait for my friends to come on and get farther than that later without the use of replays...Like boss fights in raids, you wouldnt be locked from Brother eye if you only made it to the ARC

That would also add to replayability without the use of replay badges...I know I would personally want to run this kind of thing nightly to see how much farther I could get than the last time
    • Like x 7
  9. Jamie New Player

Thank you for running with my suggestion. The last time I posted this I included suggestions like ensuring that the battles progress past the point where any group would be able to finish with with available armor. Ideally no one would beat the final fight for a year. Next, have leader boards implemented so people can see how they compare. I would have people broken up by what roles they are in in order to make it easier to compare roles. I think scanners and rare styles would be good rewards. Toss in a few marks and sodas every now and then and you will be set.
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I like this reward idea
    • Like x 4
  11. Notangie New Player

The scoreboard should show your group's scoreboard AND the scoreboard of the currently longest-lasting group to date (including the longest-lasting group's names for bragging rights). See how you compare to the longest-lasting group.
    • Like x 6
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This is something Id like to see answered early:

What are the devs thinking of as rewards initially?

I saw that you guys want to stay away from end game marks AND you want to reuse content almost entirely, making NEW styles probably unlikely

Existing styles/base items? Bits/bytes?
  13. Judgmental Jolt Well-Known Player

Some people are up for check points, and I'm not sure how I feel.

My first thought was NO CHECKPOINTS! The point is you're supposed to go until you all wipe. However, I don't think that's a good idea with the connectivity issues in this game.

I think checkpoints are best, every few waves. Someone mentioned that waves shouldn't come back to back, but I feel that they should UNTIL a check point. Because of connectivity, I feel that checkpoints should automatically revive everyone, allowing the group to go further, people to leave if they must, etc.

To balance that, spread the check points further apart as you get into higher wave counts.

Wave 1-5
    Checkpoint
    Wave 6-10
    Checkpoint
    Wave 11-20
    Checkpoint
    21-35
    Checkpoint

Not those exact numbers by any means, just an example.

I also liked the idea of a Mark of Survival with a rewards vendor, BUT I think doing it that way takes away from the people that get to the higher waves (even though they would get more marks in a shorter time, others could get to lower marks repeatedly and use replays)

I definitely think that replays should be allowed. Anywhere that there's a chance to use them, you have a chance to make money. Which ultimately leads to the game improving, so I say allow replays. Make the Checkpoints the loot markers, so "You are lootlocked from first checkpoint or something to that effect".

I'm aware my idea ultimately gives the possibility of someone coming in at checkpoint 30, getting a reward, or whatever without going through the lower points, so we would need to find a way to curb that. People definitely need to be allowed to leave and/or return though, because disconnects happen often in MMOs, especially when there is a lot going on
    • Like x 1
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Another thing, is there a way that this could be integrated into some sort of full server leaderboard?

I think it would be cool to see how far other leagues/groups have gotten
    • Like x 3
  15. La Shark Dedicated Player

lol, sounds better than Gladiator Mode
    • Like x 1
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

Please oh please can you put some rare styles in there ? I've been wanting Nightwing's sticks on my main for ages....
  17. Notangie New Player

Possible addition to Survival vendor: transformation trinkets. Like the vault's demon/clown, etc. No stats, just be able to walk around in a different skin. If an average group gets 5 Marks of Survival, a mentor trinket should be 500 marks. Other iconics 250-300.
    • Like x 4
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

This is crazy. Almost a year ago a former leaguemate and I talked about a survival mode and how Oan would be perfect for it. He even posted a thread about it on the old forums I think. that thread didnt get much attention though.

Glad to see this is happening. I'll now have a reason to start adding and using my friends list again.
    • Like x 2
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

This sounds interesting. I think you guys should make the rewards the orange drops based on CR. This is where the omni rings, heads, etc should be dropping. Not by chance or luck in some raid, but these items in my opinion, should be a reward for skill and after reaching a certain level in this survivial mode, should be rewarded to each player on the team. Especially now that you guys are removing PvE items from PvP. :)

Another thought, make a survival vendor that sells orange items, like imni rings etc, and you have to get a certain amount of those survival marks to purchase from the vendor. :)
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Checkpoints are good.

Feats for them too :p
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.