Work in Progress: Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judgmental Jolt Well-Known Player

Maybe the content itself should stay around, as sort of a practice type ordeal, but only have the rewards be seasonal.

Either way, I think we already have a few perfectly good "arenas" for this type of content:

1. Oan Sciencells with lantern themed enemies (glad you already picked that one, too obvious!)
    2. Central room in Paradox Wave with bosses coming from the Flash universe
    3. First room in Nexus. Having so many tunnels gives multiple areas that enemies could spawn/enter from
    4. Prime Battleground for the Brainiac theme.
    5. Final room of Gates with an Amazon theme! <3

I guess in a way, most of the areas I listed are extremely mini versions of this idea anyway. Especially Paradox Wave. I would play this content, especially if it is not tied to DLC.

I think MARKS would honestly be an excellent reward, just make it so they are not EVERY drop. Make it choose randomly between highest mark, rare style (get a few more sets, similar to lockbox styles) if you wanted to be REALLY adventurous, you could consider either a small amount of Replay Badges or loyalty points. That would definitely get people at the very least playing the content.

I think there should be no set/guaranteed drops, but instead several possible drops for each tier completed.

i.e. wave10 has a possibility of 5 replays, an account bound face (to encourage alts), glove style, xxx marks of Triumph, etc.

whereas wave20 has a possibility of 10 replays, a rare trinket, chest style, xxxx MoT, and so on.

If the event itself is going to be seasonal, I suggest loot-locking it so that you can always go in and try to get loot from the HIGHER drops if you make it that far, but need to reset if you want to try to rack up on the lower drops because you might never make it to wave 100
    • Like x 6
  2. Little Sister New Player

Totally understandable. Maybe Marks of Triumph then ?
    • Like x 3
  3. Mitchell New Player

actually really excited about this, its been a while
    • Like x 4
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Since it's not tied to progression I see no harm in making it daily. Players would try and beat their best level of waves so making it weekly may hinder that.
    • Like x 6
  5. Azrael New Player

I think you guys can offer some random prize/ marks or whatever to ppl who have brought a DLC pertaining to the endurance mode for example if the endurance mode is Lantern( Oan Science Cells) , only ppl who brough WOL DLC/and or Legendary get a random prize
    • Like x 1
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

You could probably re-purpose some of the PvP maps for this venture.
    • Like x 8
  7. aceCase Committed Player

Reward: Unicorn, Trinket and other fun stuff like that. I especially like the pengbot.
    • Like x 2
  8. Meanstriker Level 30

I didnt even read after the 1st paragraph and loved the idea. Maybe we can have this available for 1 player to test their skills?
    • Like x 3
  9. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

reward: chit for one style item from rare style vendor (there - you don't even have to make new styles)
    • Like x 6
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Having played modes like this in other games, I think it would be useful to have a small cooldown period in between waves. That gives you a chance to restack your sodas and consumables. Instantly bringing out the next enemy wave is never fun.

It would be nice if there was a random element to the enemy waves. You are never quite sure what you are going to get in the next enemy wave.

I hope whatever is released is well-tested. Players are awfully inventive at coming up with "creative ways" to glitch the content if there are rewards or bragging rights involved.
    • Like x 16
  11. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

It should be daily.
    • Like x 8
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Yes.

This sounds awesome...If we are going to reuse levels, maps, areas as well as characters THIS is how I want it to be done (free)

4 questions for the devs:

Question 1.) What are YOU guys (the devs) thinking of adding as rewards initially? Are you thinking more along the lines of usable gear or vanity items like base items, styles, auras, etc? If the latter, how will you determine what items are more valuable than others?

My initial suggestion would be "boxes" of something (whether it be styles/lair items/auras/usable gear), increasing in number/rarity with every wave/milestone eventually capping at a certain point
    For example:
    Milestone 1 - item 1, 100 Marks of Triumph
    Milestone 2 - item 2, 250 Marks of triumph
    Milestone 3 - item 3, 500 marks of triumph
    Milestone 4 - item 4, 1000 marks of triumph
    etc

Question 2.) How frequently will these be seen and for how long?

Can we think like seasonal type content where we see it for a few weeks during the month or something longer/shorter? Also, when would you guys look to release these? Every month? Every 3-4 months?

I would personally like to see these always available in game...Something like this never goes "bad" because we determine when it ends

Question 3.) How will these work with replay badges? Will they work or no?

Once we run this, are we then locked out for the week or will it lock us from certain waves? For example: I run it one day and get through 3 milestones, will I be locked out from just those first 3 milestones or the entire instance?

Question 4.) What will be the group composition?

I noticed you said "raid group", but want to clarify on this a touch...Will this be purely 8 man or are you looking to add 4, 2, 1 - man "endurance modes" as well?

I think it would be cool to be able to do these with as many as we'd like...My league likes raids, so it would be cool to do these as raids, but others might want to see how long they can last solo
    • Like x 4
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

All content in the game can be done repeatedly right now - it's just the rewards that are locked. So the question is: Should the Rewards reset Daily? I think that perhaps the low-end rewards (Waves 5, 10 and 15, for instance) might reset daily while the harder waves (20 and up) might reset weekly.

The other big question (which would impact Rewards) would be what happens when you finally wipe. Are you done, or do you have the ability to pick yourselves up (like in any other content) and begin again (either with Wave One or at some sort of Checkpoint Wave)?

A lot of things to consider ...
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

That depends on how frequently you plan on dropping these...Initially, what are your guys plans on that? Like seasonals (4-5 times a year, up for a few weeks at a time?) or more?
  15. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Maybe a reward box with some pve and pvp stuff in it like marks and sodas .
    • Like x 1
  16. La Shark Dedicated Player

NO PROGRESSION

I love it.

Please nothing of game value as a reward , marks, plans, or gear

style or an aura would be nice, but the fun is the challeng, how long can we last.

tytytytytytytytytytytyty
    [IMG]
    • Like x 11
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 7
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Breaking News: We are now calling this "Survival Mode."
    • Like x 19
  19. Waterfall Well-Known Player

100% Love this. There have been lots of threads over the years asking for this. I will be very happy to see it happen.

I would like to see some kind of progression in this. For example wave 1 boss be cap cold. Wave 2 boomerang. Wave 3 trickster. And so on. Then have them start coming out 2 at a time, then 3 and so on until they are all out together. Then at the end have wave after wave of them all together with increasing difficulty until you wipe. Because I personally would like it NOT to end until I die. That would leave the challenge of "how far can you get".
    • Like x 5
  20. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

Happy with the new title. Glad it's not Horde Mode.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.