Work In Progress: Earth Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horrorshow New Player

Earth needs to have the pets look revamped and the reinforce power needs to have its effects looked at. Why are players using boxing gloves made of rock?
    • Like x 6
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

Spord said on first page no visual effects changes, though I kind of agree that Reinforce looks goofy on any non-Brawling toon.
    • Like x 4
  3. GuardianE New Player

Agreed but I still think gemstone could be revamped from ice cream cones
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

i switched back to earth today when i heard the news about this thread. its listed as 7%. i would much rather have bloodlusts effects of 10% and three group members, but i would be happy with an increase to the 7% it has now.
  5. Dogico Loyal Player

I think that would be a good way of making Earth's precision buff unique from the others, keeping it a self buff and increasing the crit chance to 12-15%. Or leave crit chance at 7% but boost the actual precision buff to 50%.
    • Like x 5
  6. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

simple ... Earth need more DMG on super power , all might tik are ridiculous , all prec attack to weak ,
    He need also a breakout ability like ice,fire,rage the breakout that earh have dont get up... Only breakout from stun...
    Also a lot of is power have cost to hige... And all is prec combo need to be combo without costing ... He is also prec/might power...
  7. Tallion Well-Known Player

Two breakouts.
    Brick/Crystal: use the same powerpoint.

Tank role
    Totem: Heals caster if pet is not summoned.

All the other tanks can selfheal.
    Fire is obviously a selfheal tank along with rage, with the hometurf mods for the shield, even an ice tank can self heal to a certain extent just by rotating shields.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I actually prefer the shoulder animation relieved to the player who gets reinforced applied to them by the earth thank would be cool if those were applied to the earth tank ... Either that or just a simple dust animation around the hands would look good ....

I'd also like to be mobile while I hit reinforce opposed to the over the head clap .... It really helps keep you from being stationary for too long ...
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Not to be off topic but the best thing I've noticed about this thread and the electric one is that we are all pretty much on board with how earth needs fixed most of us have similar ideas it's just the execution where we vary and some of us don't really even differ that much even there .... I love the earth community we are pretty supportive to each other nice job guys ... I look at the hard light thread and it's 6 pages in and full of arguments lol
    • Like x 9
  10. Proto1118 Committed Player

Thank goodness! Earth needs the Sorcery treatment. I swear the Sorcery revamp was meant for Earth. If Earth is up to par with at least Sorcery, I'd be happy as heck. I will post suggestions later.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Reduce power cost for jackhammer
    • Like x 1
  12. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Earth DPS
    • Reduce Unstoppable cast time to meet up with when a target undazes
    • Fix rumblecrush load time this is problematic on ps3
    • Reduce power cost of aftershocks
    • Give earth an burst damage for might
    • Significantly reduce Totem cast time
    • Increase the extra tick damage on targets with PI's
    • Make both pets act like sorcery pets
    Tank
    • Make damage shift a breakout power
    • Significantly boost Brick Survivability through defense and health
    • Reduce power cost of aftershocks except for Gemstone shield
    • Have aftershocks not be block able but reduce the damage
    • Reduce upheaval aftershock cast time
    • Like x 2
  13. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Add some more power interactions and a good burst damage move...
  14. Herbalacious New Player

I'm probably too new to make any solid contributions (Only CR 55 on my 3rd+ week of playing), but from my experience as an Aftershock Earth Tank I will put in my 2 cents heh.

Upheaval needs some kind of overhaul. It is entirely too slow, you can and will get interrupted, and does horrible damage.

Unstoppable should not boost the mob back but actually knock everyone down like the tool tip says it does. Gemstone Shield feels more 'unstoppable' to me than the actual Unstoppable power. I feel like it's missing something and is kind of lack-luster. I'd like to see this work more like the Joker Box except instead of poison gas just a big boom and no bouncing around while in 'the box' if you do get hit. Or perhaps while you are in Unstoppable, any melee attackers who try to melee get knocked down? I dunno how realistic that is just came to mind as I am writing this.

Some kind of breakout ability for both trees.

Maybe an AOE pull.

Reduce Aftershock cost. Maybe after the 2nd hit?

I also agree with moving a couple powers around in the seismic tree to make one side more for dps and the other for tank.

Rumble Crush to take advantage of Super Strength.

No comment on the Pet stuff never used em.
    • Like x 2
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

For the second break that everyone wants. Here is a name for it:

Immovable. It matches up with unstoppable and not be able to be cc'd , knocked back specifically, fits the name perfectly. Make sure it is an 8 man break out as well.
    • Like x 3
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

not disagreeing just curious. Adding unlimited aftershocks to localized tremor... doesn't that make it just like jack hammer? or am I thinking of the wrong move
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Owl, you always have such great ideas. Really love most of these. The only ones I'm not crazy about are the Epicenter and Localized Tremor recommendations. I don't think Epicenter needs any changes. It's just about the perfect AoE pull, and adding an aftershocking and absorption mechanic would just muck it up, IMO. I think aftershocking LT would make it too much like Jacks. I actually use it in one of my builds to cap off Jacks.

I would also throw out, as an alternative to just reducing aftershock cost, the idea of eliminating aftershock cost altogether, while capping the number of aftershocks per cast at 3. Honestly, I don't know that many players rely on spamming aftershocks. You can get blocked by NPCs and definitely by players.

I would love to see a ranged aftershock attack. I think Upheaval is a good candidate. Speed up the animation and make it centered on your target with a maximum range.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i can see them adding something like this.... especially if they were smart and put the pets in the same power..you basically get both pets by speccing into one pet and then adding this power to the geokenisis tree...

i didnt understand this either... to me if you wanted to after shock localized tremor it would be cooler if they added some kind of aoe
    effect around your toon much like and gadgets have ... gadgets has cryo field and ice has bitter winds.... i think if they added like a dust effect around you ...that causes the damage it would go much better with a dps who decides to use localized tremor..... i actually got that idea from someone else on the forum cant think of their name they even provided pictures where the animation is already in the game inside of the isis duo.... some of the adds there has this type of move.... would be nice to have on earth
    • Like x 1
  19. ProudBoyJ New Player

is there a fire thread like this??? O.O
  20. HarryHell Well-Known Player

this is needed imo, not sure about hl and elec though, long time since i played earth now, but my major question is a little of topic, will there be done something about fire?
    Fire hits well but long cast times and powers are very easily interuptable, makes it hard to put in the good dmg, cant keep up witj more clipable powers at all.

About earth maybe reduce power cost of jackhammer 2nd hit til last? And remove or reduce vulnerability to block on certain. powers like jackhammer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.