Wonderverse Release Date: July 30th

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Megzilla Developer

I'd love to recreate and make new screens that aren't just limited to the key art! For example, the Corum Rath screen with Atlantis in the background was really quick to make and doesn't look too shabby.

You are right, there was not a call for removal of the old screens. That was our decision. We had a lot of requests asking for new loading screens, so we did a little housekeeping on what we did have in addition to adding new art. We went through archives of original concept art for the game, and I think that is actually really cool stuff to show.

None of this has ever been about gameplay, more user experience and how we want to present the game.
    • Like x 3
  2. Twincam Well-Known Player

Would be amazing if the loading screens can be updated with some ultra wide images (3440x1440) for PC players :) The game itself supports this resolution well but the loading screens still lacking a bit in this area.
    • Like x 1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

Years ago there was a livestream and whoever was running it had a screen of giant Bizzaro sitting on a Bizzaro World (cubed earth). I've always wanted to see that one cycle in.

If at all possible, could you put the all the screens (current and non) on the site for download in case we would like to use them as desktop backgrounds?
    • Like x 1
  4. Megzilla Developer

None of my source art is that big @.@ Even the wonderverse key art was made at 2560x1440.
    Will go ask mepps
    • Like x 2
  5. Aesthete Well-Known Player

While we're on the topic of loading screens... I remember playing a while back and there used to be a variety of loading screens, they even showed tips! Was their removal for convenience sake?

Anyway, can't wait for the DLC drop next week. :D
  6. Megzilla Developer

mepps says yes!
    • Like x 2
  7. Megzilla Developer

Idk! I think that was overlayed, not baked into the art. I dont remember us removing them on purpose :confused:
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

There are a lot of the old loading screens on their Facebook page, not all of them are in the best of resolutions, though.

Edit: I reverse Google Image searched and found some hi-res versions of it floating around out there.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. vespa neo Active Player

would love to have more background options for the character selection screen, such as fortress of solitude, themyscira, oa, arkham..... especially for those that have iconic inspired toons. how about themyscira background to go with the new DLC??
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Jesus, I've seen that screen a million times over the past 10 years and only just NOW realised that this is based off the statue The Thinker. I feel like a dumdum.
    • Like x 3
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"Hey you found my bow."

And then we wished we hadn't.
    • Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The thing I find odd is it shows Brother Hymn who I don't remember being in the DLC. Same goes for the Lantern fight scene screen we have now where it looks like it shows a Blue Lantern Flash.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

Warth is the first boss in AssBat for villains, and Blue Flash was an open world bounty. I mean, War of the Light is War of the Light, right? Pretty much assumed they're all fighting during the whole thing...
  15. Eve YouTuber

I think he was mentioned in a collection. But never actually seen. Here for a future Lantern based episode.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Do you mean Brother Warth? Hymn isn't in that picture. Now that you mention it I don't think he had a role in War of the Light Part II, only in Part I. He does float around the Mogo common area though, which is where you buy the vendor gear so...technically he's in it I guess.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Brother Warth is the first boss in A&B villain version.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah but that's War of the Light Part 1. The art is from Part 2.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Last I looked, the loading screens still come with tips. (Checks. Yeah, they're still there. US PC, at least.)
  20. diangelo Level 30

Do the powers that be have an idea when it will be released for the Switch?