Woah, Woah, Woah... Why?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ObsidianChillSucks, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

You do have abilities though, and a very important one, cleanse your team. As far as just being a squishy DPS I disagree, if you are in your proper tank gear you already as strong as a DPS but tougher to kill. If you feel you lack damage then mod the Tank gear to improve damage, but no one role can have it all. If you are in proper Tank gear, Tanks are still tough to kill. If you can out last a DPS, you automatically win because they are glass cannons. Once they blow all their power, they are just like the rest of us.
  2. Van L Level 30

Inst that the job of a tank ,apart of cleansing?
    That say ,i will like that the devs fix the cause of some imbalances and not trying to mitigate the effects,the game could never be balanced in 1vs1 or 2vs2 becouse of the dreaded RPS and if you add HT stuff to the mix + the update that improve the shield ... you expets that ice not end bieng OP?
    My only problem is that SOE end sometimes tempted to revamp wen they cant fix stuff (do you known swg /cu/nge).
    • Like x 2
  3. Zylo Committed Player

Where the heck the freaken down vote?
    That's the point of being a tank, genious. The whole main point that I completed so many feats is to make a freaken "wall" of a tank. A 171.20sp pure unstopible tank. A tank that's going to take an army of trash dps, controllers and tanks to take down. IMO PVP is end game content to me. Now that end game content has been destroyed by UD28 BS. This isint fair. My whole purpose of playing this game is gone. What do I have to look forward to now? Nothing. That's what.
    • Like x 4
  4. Ionthas Well-Known Player

You have 20 sp on me but I feel the same way. As an ice tank, I feel I should be hard to kill, even at the expense of reduced damage out. I just don't understand why they have to cater to people who can't beat a tank in 1v1 or 2v2. The rps system is not designed for that. It's an mmo, not a single player or co-op.
    I too feel that there is less incentive to play, at least until the next dlc and seasonal pvp.
    • Like x 1
  5. Van L Level 30

^ Thats the thing a tank should be really strong ,not unkillable at the expense of a damage penalty ,same for healers (not strong but with a good ability to heal...witch is for what are healer in first place) but HT throw that balance out of a window.
  6. Giggles Loyal Player

A Tank is strong in PvE, and PvP. But it is no longer god mode in PvP. Sorry but that was corrected in GU28.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zylo Committed Player

Your wrong about pvp. All it took is to buy a power reset token and change into w/e disired healer roll you want to beat us if you are that pathetically weak to take down a tank but nope......all it took is coming onto forums whine n complain about it.

I didint feel like a complete god tank cuz I knew ppl who "can" beat me in dps stance. If u couldn't beat me back then then you were never ment to.

Was RPS really that hard to understand? If you so behind hurt so bad just change to a healer and get revenge. Didint happen so they went the b-word way. Which brings the actual question......

Who the real b-word? The forum complainers or the developers who caved into the complains?

Idc if I get baned. The constant stupid decisions that plague this game has gone far enough. To give a debuff to the dps........wow. A debuff that 100% stops entire roll to work. A smart development team would make it 10-20% make a roll debuffed but completely useless? BS
    • Like x 4
  8. StillCheckmate Committed Player

If Devs really wanted to "speed up matches" and correct the "unfun, unwinnable situation", they'd take out Home Turf and immunities altogether and scale matchmaking with PvP cr, not do this u28 and u27 bs. Calling you guys out.
    • Like x 3
  9. BadHansel New Player

oh cmon, Ice-tanks have enough power to cycle their shields for a whole match, especially with ht-extra-power. If you play halfway smart, there is no chance for a DD. As ice-tanks plz stop crying. You had an easy, but really easy time.

Even though I am also against the movement-debuffs, but only because I don't like it in a MMORPG, that everyone could do the same thing. I like roles and their role-speciality. By implementing these debuffs for everyone, there got lost a little bit of the speciality...

So it I had no problems with tanks being able to survive, thats there role-speciality and as a healer it wasn't difficult to beat tanks. Thats the rps-system and its good. But don't say, you had the same difficulty like a DD or controller before GU28... It's not true.
    • Like x 3
  10. SubArt New Player

I think you obviously misread my post, or made many false assumptions from it. I've DPS, Troll and Tanked in PVP BTW.... I never said that Ice tanks were easy to beat, lol. I simply stated the best strategy to beat them before GU28 was to let them run out of power. In DPS role, I have beaten Ice Tanks that way. And what Ice tank is going to use the power HT mod instead of core strength for PVP?