Woah, Woah, Woah... Why?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ObsidianChillSucks, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

oAcrobatics
    §Forward Flip Attack now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
    §Throwing Knives now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
    §Zip Tie Attack now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced

oFlight
    §Whirlwind Attack now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
    §Swoop Attack now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
    §Downdraft now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced

oSuperspeed
    §Vortex Trap now also removes Controller type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Controller Role their Vitalization is reduced hampering their ability to restore power to allies and themselves
    §Cyclone Push now also removes Tank type defensive effects from one target regardless of role
    §Tornado Pull now also removes Healing type shielding effects from one target regardless of role. When the target is in Healing Role their ability to heal is reduced

So now tanks can debuff healers, controllers can debuff tanks, dps can debuff everyone? Why would this ever be introduced?
    • Like x 21
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

wha- th- he--??????

wow, wherre did this come from? testing forum?

lol, omg i'm knew retiring from pvp last month was the right move.

i cant even wrap my head around how insane this all is ATM.
    • Like x 2
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

Yeah I had to re-read that section like 5 times. I seriously thought it was just me being over tired. Looks like they are trying to remove roles and balance the game around 1 v 1...not the best move. This is just WAY over the top.
    • Like x 3
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yup...
    i've pretty much seen this coming in one form or another since home turf and mainframes.
    as alot of us have been saying since that DLC the devs obviously have had some master plan for changing how role balance works in pvp.
    TBH i still cant quite grasp their 'final solution', lol, but it seems as if just like pve they want to cater to more DPS-centric or role-less development.

...sigh, really, dc pvp has gone so far off the beaten path at this point i can't even imagine still trying to run competitive matches.
    good luck to those of you that will push on, lol.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Did you miss the part where they nerfed Immunities?

Sounds like a win for the PvP crowd.
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

I don't see that difference being noticeable, especially when you can just keep getting immunities back to back depending on what the other players/team is doing.
  7. Lumb New Player

Yeah looks like they are trying to make it balanced for 1v1 but that's always going to be a problem with how many different powers and things people use. The game was made around group play and it would seem these devs are trying to change that but with how they handled home turf, I think it'll be a mess.

Btw I do really dislike the role system I just don't think they'll be able to balance 1v1 at all.
  8. petvpets New Player

This will ruin pvp forever and break the game for us long time pvpers.. if it hasnt already..

PISS 1v1 off already - this is what happens when people complain and complain about their roles all DAY EVERY DAY, careful what you wish for and all jesus christ. Like I noticed how you trollers DO NOT report that the healer pvp trinket doesnt cleanse the health debuff.. goddamit

Seriously, i had a look on test and was gobsmacked at that

NO ONE asked for this.... remove it remove it now if that is the case that OC has stated.

But then again i havent tested it yet and i am doing what 99% of the forum does.. FLY OFF THE HANDLE for no reason. /stamps foot
  9. Aqua New Player

And pvp continues to fall into complete oblivion. Dps and tanks are going to be on a rampage.
  10. Larfleeze New Player

Finally, the imbalance of being a DPSer in PVP is being fixed.

Also, keep in mind you're going to be taking 3 out of your 6 powers in specifically for debuffs when the powers themselves aren't that good/strong/useful in themselves.

Most logical players will take 1, maybe 2 (the healing and tank debuffs). Only idiots will take all 3.
    • Like x 3
  11. Critics New Player

Dps can DEBUFF ANYONE?? YEAHHH
  12. Orbit Eclipse New Player

All you tanks who thought you were beast fighting dpses, GOODFIGHT.
    • Like x 3
  13. Lumb New Player

From that view, it could work but honestly I'm worried they'll mess it up.
  14. Larfleeze New Player

ALL roles can debuff ANYONE.
  15. cadaverhead Well-Known Player

Tanks are useless again in arena pvp
    • Like x 3
  16. Purple Ace New Player

This.Is.Ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

Won't this speed up matches? I thought one of the complaints that was mentioned was how PvP wasn't fast paced anymore.
  18. Dirty Fred New Player

Is it just a coincident that the 3 first posters in this Thread are Icetanks?
    • Like x 6
  19. Purple Ace New Player

The biggest reason the game is so slow is because of grounds being broken. With people now running home turf items, like supply drops, the game would speed up naturally. Especially with the shift to fours. Granted I'm not sure how much the debuffs will effect actual competitive arenas but on paper it comes off as an awful change.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Nah that Immunity change is awesome in every way. you have 10% health left and you get Immunity you are only going to get 20% of that 10%. It will stop literally a punch...So that is 100% welcomed. I'm still up in the air about this counter role change. It really only effects 1v1 and possibly 2v2. Any larger sized group is still going to need Healers and Trollers...maybe Tanks...for some odd reason :p. lol...this does indeed kick Tanks in the private parts. No doubt about that.
    • Like x 4