WM Pet Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WreckingBaII, Apr 15, 2014.

1. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Ok the fact that yoy keep mentioning beserk is that helping rages cause? As in the SC is OP!
  2. treehunter904 New Player

then u must run with terrible nature and sorc cuz they are the top 2 with rage right behind. im talking about PS not pc, pc could b different since u can clip as fast as u want to for the most part.
  3. treehunter904 New Player

mmm not to sure what that 1st part is trying to say but a range rage vs. a sorcery = sorcery every time. rage is better up close than it is range, not saying beserk is op but it helps.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no i run with good players im just telling you there not top nature could definatly be considered a top power in end game content only. and sorc is strong but the damage potential numbers just arnt quite the same for sorc as HL (currently) Cel and Rage. it can be close and you could beat a ok player of those powers but a great player with the 3 i named just mathematically can produce higher numbers
    • Like x 1
  5. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Of course you wouldn't get the first, but if you run with good rage dps youll know that they most definitely can melee the adds and if they cant on boss fight well then like you said they'll use their op SC
  6. treehunter904 New Player

don't tell me your one of the people that pulls out a chart. sorc is top right now. it beats rage, celes and hl. no matter what u say its true. everyone has there own opinion yes but if you say sorc isn't top then your wrong sadly. if you run with a sorc that knows whats doin he will out dps rage celes and hl.
    • Like x 2
  7. treehunter904 New Player

lol I didn't get the first part because it was poorly typed out. but even if they are meleeing the whole time they will be beat by sorc, maybe not by much but they will be second.
  8. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

This.

Lets not set sorcery back with this foolishness. Running with a pet and getting it to be viable takes two load out slots.

Offering is not spamable and it only gives enough power to fill up half of the pets power bar...Pets don't regen during fights on their own (not enough for their big attacks). Offering also can't be used to clip.

Folks need to stop acting like pets just make Sorc so OP. I'd say that Sorc is where it needs to be right now. It's a good viable powerset. It's not OP, it's not weak. It's just right.

I have yet to try this stuff out for myself, so I don't know if weapon mastery will hurt Sorc DPS...but from the sounds of it, it seems like it will. Hopefully it won't.
    • Like x 2
  9. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Again I didn't expect you to, I'm done with you because to say sorc is number 1 because of people you run with is your opinion and just that. But theres tons of rage vids showing what it can do currently and even more so on test.
    I want balance thats what sorc and nature are right now balanced, to be able to compete with the top 3, after this update there is no balance anymore just the top 3.

Enjoy the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Akroma New Player

finally someone else who gets it. i play rage, sorc and nature dps and i speak from experience when i say sorc is the top dps right now. rage and nature can switch back and forth but a good sorc will destroy them. the devs know this hence their adjusting of sorc and nature with weapon mastery. remember that the devs want rage, celes and hl to ALWAYS have the most damage potential and right now sorc and nature are uncomfortably close to surpassing those powers which is not what the devs want for some reason lol.
    • Like x 4
  11. treehunter904 New Player

also if your doing the math and coming up with celes rage and hl being better then sorc then you aren't factoring in that sorc is instant cast moves( or close to instant) so that damage will happen, but with the other 3 you have to clip into it so you coud get interrupted or stunned and there goes that combo so a waste of 3 seconds and then theres the huge part that I dislike ( im celes) is when ur doing nexus or a&b and a boss or add blocks u get knocked down because of the pvp mechanics in pve. wth all that factored in then sorc is going to be top.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

From https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/weapon-mastery-testing.199859/page-15

Tunso: When Nature and Sorcery got their improvements their mechanics were tuned to be allow them to hang with the combo powers in terms of damage output. Each power is intended to have some way to achieve top DPS without having to rely on weapon mastery. That mechanic will be mutually exclusive of weapon mastery and won't stack. Refer to Jens' post here if you're not sure what I'm talking about:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-36-and-balancing-dcuo.198865/

In the past we probably would have waited until we had finished the combo damage pass and closed any known loopholes before letting anyone get their hands on it. But keep in mind we decided to let you guys try Weapon Mastery early, before balance passes were complete, so we could get feedback as early as possible.

Obviously we are not going to let you combine two "awesome" level mechanics because the power that can do that becomes the new alpha. This is the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish here. When Earth, Electricity and every other power is updated to include their specific mechanics they likewise won't stack weapon mastery but will be able to achieve that level of damage output without it.
    • Like x 2
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

By this logic the nerfing will never stop. There will always be top powers, and what you are saying they should always be nerfed? Where do it end? Fyi Rage is the top power. I seen crappy video, if the rage woulda SC the first room and then the adds in the hallway right b4 the boss fight the rage dps woulda beat him, not taking anything from crappy. Sorcery will still be good w/o the fury when WM drop
  14. Echephyle New Player

This.

So reduce my 5000 damage per cast of offering to 2500.

Does it compare to rage when using berserk with wm? Hell no! We will never see crits of 6000 or more with our weapon attacks.

Devs I hope you're reading this and don't stay silent like you have on countless times.
    • Like x 2
  15. winter13 New Player

If you think nature and sorc are superior to rage, celestial, or hl then you aren't a very good celestial DPS. Sorc and nature are now on par with the top 3, but not superior to. Get better.
    • Like x 1
  16. treehunter904 New Player

lol I run with some of the top dps on usps villain side and everytime they get beat by sorc. it might be close but they get beat.
  17. Anti Bezz New Player

^He's right. I practically wait for a Rage person to say they will beast anyone just to knock them off of their pedestal. Sorcery #1 Nature #2 Rage #3 Celestial not #4 will never be #4 until they finishing nerfing Nature and Sorcery
  18. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I get what your saying but if you dont use fury wheres the damage coming from in comparison? WM? Every other power will also have access to it. I mentioned early in this thread the powers that can be sub in and I've tried a non pet loadout, noway can I keep up with the top 3.
    Balance is the word right? Doing this to not just sorc but to natures swarm and poison spores.
  19. treehunter904 New Player

lol me get better? lol maybe u should find a sorc dps that knows what hes doin. been playing this game for 3 years and have 182 sp. I know what im doing.
  20. Anti Bezz New Player

You don't have to speak about my Sorcery dps Akroma it's ok :D