WM Pet Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WreckingBaII, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Proto1118 Committed Player

Smh. Bad move. Now reverse it. It doesn't make any sense. Sorcery and Nature are in a great spot right now and they plan to screw it up.
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

I told ya'll. Nature and Sorcery are going to get nerfed. The Devs done mucked up. Nature and Sorcery aren't suppose be top power according to the Devs.

And people wonder why I have no Faith in Fire ever getting its due
    • Like x 3
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

If there doing this to sorcery and natural pets then it needs to be done to all pets you know in the call for fairness and balance and all because that seems to be the reason for all these changes in the first place.
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

Aren't Sorcery and Nature's Pets stronger than every other pet?

Curious more than anything
  5. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

As of right now and even with wm nature and sorc can keep up if even pass the top 3, now add this update and now what power in sorc arsenal can put up close to the dmg that fury can?

Soul barrage- affective in melee but dmg is blah
    Soul storm-this power is like flame cascade and avalanche useless.
    Final ruin-finisher
    Vengeance- decent single target damage but still lacks that yea factor
    SOULWELL- gu36 faster animation, dot (21-29) not the biggest of ticks but a viable power.

As you can see there isnt another power that can match the dmg that comes from fury, keep in mind we have to power it with a useless power to our toon but beneficial to fury in order for him to put out that damage.

unless your buffing something else sorc will take a step back imo, after a great job of revamping it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I don't think it's a nerf at all. You have to choose to use a pet power or weapon mastery. Not all Sorcery or Nature damages use pets. Plus people have been using the pet robot in the iconic power tree. I think that got hit too. If you watched testing videos lots of people were using for HL and Gadgets. Sorry I don't know the name of it.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I'm just as baffled about this one. I am wondering if it was an internal change that they found before anyone else that could be exploited. When I was running the tests earlier, I was still seeing crits on my attacks.
  8. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Mayb wont effect nature as much but its big fir sorc and I havent met a sorc dps that doesn't use the fury.
  9. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I can now say if this holds true I feel your pain.
  10. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Even with the fury up?
  11. Seismicfesr Dedicated Player

From what I understand is they are making where after your inital crit from using WM your dots and you r pet do not receive the ability to crit from WM. I think that powers like Nature was getting extra crits from WM from their dots after completeing a WM combo
  12. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

My dots? So if my pet is out and I go shards then a wm combo into COD (aoe dot) my cod won't get the bonus? I get my pet not getting it I can live with that but not sure I get you.
  13. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

I'm really hoping they were referring to our pets not getting crit bonuses from weapon mastery. But based on how they worded it, i'm just worried other moves like shard transmutation and VP wont benefit
    • Like x 1
  14. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

I agree , would be nice if a dev better explain what exactly this means or if someone currently on test can check this (my pc sub expired)
    • Like x 1
  15. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

Hold on Mr. ILOVEFIRE there can be another way to analyze this message. I rather wait and see the developers response to this change than rush to quickly.
    • Like x 2
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Yeah..... I think it looks like this.
    [IMG]

Sorcery with Guardian and Final Ruin (post-Crit Void)

Gadgets with Photon Blast

I can't see Gadgets Turret sliding on this one .... just a matter of time.
    It would be nice to know the thinking behind this....
    • Like x 3
  17. Akroma New Player

the thinking behind this is that sorcery's fury pet is ridiculously OP and the devs know this. knowing that they remove the weapon mastery bonus. nature's swarm really isnt OP but the dot stacking is so thats why they limit weapon mastery for it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Gwalir Loyal Player

I don't know whether for sure what the devs mean exactly by what was wrote, but I don't believe it should effect any of the classes with pets. After all, those pets are one (or more) powers of those powersets, and it would be unfair to make it so some have to decide whether to use weapon Mastery or certain powers while others do not.

If Earth doesn't have to choose between it's Aftershocks or Weapon Mastery, or Light and it's combos, why should Sorcery or Nature have to?

Personally though, I'm guessing those pets would be able to be used alongside Weapon Mastery. I say that since the quote mentions it only effecting those who have improved pets, and then states how it's currently only for Swarm, Fury, and Guardian for now. Considering that's two of the three Sorcery permanent pets plus Nature's one temporary one, that seems to suggest to me that they may have more plans for pets then they've let on.

If so, I'm interested in what they have planned next.
  19. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Ride="Akroma, post: 2474556, member: 319777"]the thinking behind this is that sorcery's fury pet is ridiculously OP and the devs know this. knowing that they remove the weapon mastery bonus. nature's swarm really isnt OP but the dot stacking is so thats why they limit weapon mastery for it.[/quote]

Ridiculous op? Are you serious , see its responses like this with no fact to it that bothers me. Does the fury hit hard sure but its damage out can be anything from 1.5 to 3.5k on its first two hits after that it hits for low numbers lik 50's for it to hit hard again you have to pop offering then wait for its cool down to pop it again etc... how is this op? Mind you because of having the fury and offering we are limited to 4 slots to use our other powers, going through that rotation. The fury is like our mass det, PcL, tacyhon blast, etc...Plus he can die in battle as well which means we have to re summon him.
    what you dont get is shards of life imo was the game changer for sorcery the fury just looks awesome lol
  20. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Wow ty for this post, I'm lost for words. Not going to pass judgment but hopefully a dev breaks this down because this is crazy
    • Like x 1