WM Pet Update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WreckingBaII, Apr 15, 2014.

1. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Mepps how can u say such i thing when Rage/HL/Celestial(witch are top dpses on this game plus they have power and combo mechanics) can combo every single power they have including every buff they have to exceed every dps on this game like they were GODS on this game with WM. This change to sorcery is extremely non-viable because for the pet to do its damage it requires us to give them power and if they dont have power they will not do anything and the pets are not power mechanics or combo mechanics that can be used for buffs or any beneficial purpose its just a pet that does damage and the Guardian is not even a dps is a Tank!. Sorcery is not even consider OP even with the WM in line and still u guys want to make changes like this. Seriusly Guys what the heck!:mad:

SIDE NOTE: THE PET IS NOT AN "AWESOME" LEVEL MECHANIC POWER BECAUSE WE CAN'T MAKE HIM ATTACK WHEN WE WANT TO IT ATTACKS RANDOMLY!!!. nuff said.

PLS GUYS CONSIDER THIS AND CHANGE IT BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BECAUSE IS NOT GOING TO HELP SORCERY DPS ON ANYTHING ACTUALLY ITS A MAJOR NERF!!!

Note: Sorry if i sound a lil pissed at the moment but im seriusly tired of seeing SORCERY GET NERF all the time and is extremely fustrating and non-logical because u guys are trying to make balance by unbalancing powers and thats not balance at all. :(
  2. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Nature might not have any problem with this change because swarm is not a pet that last forever the only power thatreally gets nerf with this is sorcery. o_O
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think the nerf to pets can be looked at as a buff, because instead of using a wm into a offering every 3-4 times, we could cast a dmg type power that will prolly do around the same dmg as a pet attack
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

It really affects sorcery more than nature.
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

orcery still do good dmg w/o it's pet, and nature is losing it's poison dots. Please explain to me why sorcery is more effected?
  6. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Because our pet last forever and Natures Pet is Temporal meaning u can wait until Swarm vanishes to continue ur rotation with WM and Sorcery cant do that. :cool:
  7. xXS0EXx Committed Player

There should be a better option than this because this change WILL NOT let us have the same potential like the top powers.

AND MEMORIZE THIS "SORCERY HAS NEVER BEEN THE TOP DPS AND MIGHT NEVER BE AGAIN" that is history.
    (3 years ago if u really need to know when this power was a top one).
  8. Colossi New Player

So wait, since I don't want to read the entire thread can someone answer me this:

If I have Fury or say the iconic sidekick up, will that make it impossible to get the buff after a WM combo even if I use a normal burst attack?
  9. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

If your fury or swarm is out or u are using poison spores as nature your superpowers will not benefit from the crit buff WM gives you
    • Like x 1
  10. Colossi New Player

That sucks terribly.

Does it do the same with the iconic robot?
  11. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

No so far the only pets affected are fury and swarm
  12. Colossi New Player

Good news for me I guess. Though this seems a big step back for sorcery

Basically either the revamp is ignored, or a large part of WM is ignored if you want to be a sorce Dps. I don't understand how this could be a thing. Two updates later you're supposed to choose I guess.
  13. Shift New Player

• Like x 1
  14. Zhire'El New Player

You just lost all respect from me with this.
    Any power is awesome, there will not be a time where you can say a power is better than the other.
    I could care less about some spamming Rage DPS, Celes DPS, or HL DPS.

Do you just like scoreboard chasing or something? rather than getting the gear, modding, as in actually PLAYING the game?
  15. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

After the "ยทSummon Fury now properly prevents Weapon Mastery super power critical damage bonuses from applying" update yesterday, can someone explain why anyone who plays Sorcery and uses Fury would even utilize WM now? Is there any reason to use it if we are losing the power crit damage with WM?!?
  16. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

WoW! So NOBODY can explain why a Sorcery player running Fury should use WM after this crit bonus nerf? I guess the silence speaks volumes.
    I think then if Sorcery got dinged for pets, then so should Earth, as well as anyone running Robot Sidekick! After all, other powers don't have to self-power their pet like Sorcery does... so in essence as others have said, the devs make Fury finally worthwhile and then introduce something to the game that makes running him detrimental. Go figure.
  17. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

18. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Sorcery's "Power Mechanic" is already in effect. It's our Pet system. Nature has spores and Swarm as their Power Mechanic. In the Dev's eyes both Sorc's pets as well as Nature's Spores/Swarm allow for great damage and the alternative is WM. Celestial, Rage, and HL have combos as their "Power Mechanic".
  19. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Well I don't consider 'Fury' to be a mechanic because it cannot be controlled... there are so many variables to the damage output that Fury does, compared to other powers- especially comparing the combo powers of Light, Rage and Celestial. I also find it odd that they remove the power crit damage for Sorcery when Fury's damage is completely random. It is one thing if Fury was 'guaranteed' a specific amount of damage, but it is not; we have to power him so that he MAY hit a powerful move.