WM is too powerful

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dead13, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Dead13 Well-Known Player

All players switching to WM, when will u fix it?
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol… what exactly is “to powerful”? Might is more than capable of topping prec. But players just don’t want to learn about rotations.. instead of trying to blame other play styles how about asking for ways for you to improve?
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

WAYYYYY back in the big stats revamp development the plan was initially to go back to hybrid/clipping being the premier way to DPS. Might focused and weapon-only focused would be viable but not-quite-as-good options. There was a *LOT* of whining on the forums, more from the "I want my play-from-the-tray" crowd than from the precision bunch-- and here we are. Hybrid/clipping is the only not-really-viable way to DPS and pure might/pure weapon mastery rules.

It's cause players demanded it.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapon Mastery in general is actually not all that powerful which is why it relies heavily on personal + controller weapon buffs. There's a few weapon combos that stand out and there's a couple powersets that can make those weapon combos stand out even more. If you're superpower based and you're constantly getting outclassed by weapon DPS your loadout might need some tweaking.
    • Like x 5
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

And then new powers came out during that time and they only work as pftt. Munitions, atomic, water. You try doing munitions as precision based.
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Players demanded the play-from-the-tray playstyle because the developers instituted Advanced Mechanics. When players saw the AM mechanic, there was no going back from there, hence the Superpowered focus.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I believe it shifts around. Back when Venom Wrist Dispenser was OP, Precision DPS had more DPS potential and more players focused on Precision, until VWD was nerfed.

Then the introduction of Lernaea's Amulet tilted the crowd's favor back towards Might.

As for hybrid playstyle, I don't think ppl favor Computo's Redistributer HUD Artifact much.

Now it's probably going to be M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix, which is like version 3.0 of the Pet DPS era, nothing but Flip Slash Pet DPS [more specifically 4 melee phantom taps away from target(s) before re-targeting the target(s) with the hold Flip Slash].

No more furious clicking. Just 1 tap click to trigger a Combat pet trinket for BIG free damage.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My main is currently munitions prec (and flight)…

Again. Comes down to people not actually knowing what they are doing
  9. not serious Well-Known Player

precision is very strong only if, it is played in super-speed more precisely with dephasing to cut the animation of the boost of weapon making gain almost 1sec and dervish also making gain also a little of time but which makes especially enormous damages in short range. finally only 2 powers electricity and gadget can compete against might exchanging artifacts.
    In short, 1 might will always be able to beat 1 precision that is not in super speed.