WM for tanks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zylo, May 7, 2014.

1. Zylo Committed Player

TANK Role: Using a super power at the moment (enter mover here) impacts will decrease the super power's power cost.

Really, to save freaken energy? you couldint come up with anything better than that? like gee, i dont know.....

more CC resistence?
    more defense?
    more dominance?
    more..........heck, am fire. why not a personal crit heal from one of my healing moves I do to myself.

but nope. we get to save power on our next super move. so freaken stupid. i guess you put to much attention for the DPS you've forgot about ppl who play on there rolls. awsome.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  2. Ice Lantern New Player

I would have liked a shield or something.
  3. TheKent Well-Known Player

Personally I use my Dual Wield WM simply because yes I save power for my trolls, but I also hit for a steady 1500+ each WM combo....why not do more dmg and help the group....just my two cents.
    • Like x 2
  4. Akroma New Player

originally in the work in progress thread i read that tanks were supposed to get extra dominance with weapon mastery. wonder why they scrapped it that.
    • Like x 1
  5. KemistiOMG Committed Player

It would've been a lot better if:
    Tanks would get extra dominance
    Trolls would give extra power
    and Healer would give extra heal with every successful WM power combo
  6. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Could have been so much better for sure. And they had tons of good ideas in the WIP thread....

maybe gives a shield?
    gives u and or the team immunity?
    draw aggro?

Why they decided to go with this idea I may never know.....
  7. kav Committed Player

It was a dominance buff for tanks on the test server, which I personally did not like at the time being - reason: If you think carefully then the rational time the buff will be provided is way too short to make a difference between going with WM->Power or not. Tanks are as it is right now more or less the only roles who will have to use more power since it's not possible to combo the whole time. Due to that it's necessary for this role to have a power decrease and for the sake of troller's as well. If they'd make every role have a specific buff after using a WM combo then sure, it makes sense to give tanks something, but it shouldn't be dominance. I already have a lot of dominance as it is as a rage tank and most ice tanks go for restoration, not dominance.

Immunity sounds good or extra aggro or even better—>chance to reset the aggro table so you have fresh aggro.
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

And what would we have done with more DOM? As rage, yeah, more DOM would have meant more HP for me. But, the lower power cost is nice as well seeing as how rage is power hungry.
    The original plan was to give extra DOM and some sort of power specific buff. It got scrapped because things weren't going as they planned and this was the easiest solution for the moment. They had to do something to convince the masses that WM was useful for roles, so they implemented this instead. Could there have been something better? Sure, but I'd rather have it do something rather than a pretty flash and a cool sound that does nothing. I'm sure they have more plans for it, just need to work out the bugs.
  9. EPICQ New Player

I strongly STRONGLY agree but.... i'm sure the Dev's thought about it but also was shown false doom if they did added it like, Tank receive extra HP or Def or a temp shield but then players may find a hole that would allowed them to be able to stack the buffs and be gods, that is what the Dev's vision, they have vision the whole darn WM destroyed if that would happen and that is why we have this stupid buff for tanks, troll and heals.

The buff we get as a DPS must be a different code or something, a code that wont allow us DPS to stack that crit chance but that same line of code could not work with roles, something more harder to code, something the Dev's don't know how to implement yet maybe. It is a shame tho because I was so excited to see what gifts other roles set would be given when WM done right, it was an exciting time and then I and many other was like o_O>reread roles::confused:>reread roles again::(>reread DPS::eek:>reread DPS again::mad:.
  10. KeyuBaN New Player

What people aren't realizing, is that this power conservation does the LEAST to tanks, especially earth and fire. The reason why I say that is because, These two tank specs are more so needed to block for more NEEDED survival, rather then ice and rage, who don't need to block as much (rage has a god mode button, ice has a ridiculous amount of shields). I don't really expect people who haven't played earth and fire tanks to understand when I'm coming from, but if these people were to watch some earth/fire tanking videos, and compare those to ice/rage tanking videos, they'd understand a little more about why so many tanks (earth/fire) may think this not the best option for them. I haven't heard very many rage tanks bragging about WM, but I've heard very many ice tanks liking it.

Basically, Fire and Earth just can't take advantage of WM like ice and rage can, since fire and earth consist of playing a more turtle like playstyle.
  11. Ramonater New Player

they went with this idea because they are lazy and think that all roles and stances should be given the same "bonus" instead of tailoring it to different roles they took the easy, lazy and cheap way out
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Many better suggestions were given in the WIP thread, but after an initial role-specific stat buff was poorly received (honestly, it was not well done), they decided to just go with power cost reduction. I think it was just an easy way out, TBH. Seems to be working ok in content, though. A team can't burn enough power with WM. The trollers I run with are going to more hybrid specs now to increase damage potential. Not a bad thing. I remember in the old days solo trollers weren't uncommon. Then, we saw teams running with 3 trollers. WHat goes around comes around? As a tank, I'm maybe able to hit my WM combo 50% of the time due to non-stop beat downs from adds and bosses, but I think that's more the combo I'm using (tap x 2, hold x 2). With a quicker combo, I'd expect a better success rate. Just need the marks or a good drop!
  13. TheKent Well-Known Player

I tanked as fire for over a year and I successfully tanked Odyssey feat as Fire, so I get your point. Would be nice if there was a Dom or health gain...