With a sad cat I make this post

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lights Derp, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

[IMG]

This is a post that I've been thinking of making for a while now but it's finally time.

I've been a member of this forum community for 3 years, most of which has been spent here in the funhouse. About 2 years ago I was ready to quite the forums because of how toxic this community is. I was tired of every thread devolving in Elitist bashing Casual, Casual bashing Elitist, constant calls for Nerfs, and everyone bashing the devs. I was done, then I saw posts be a forumite whos signature mentioned the funhouse sub-forum. This forumites posts made me laugh so I decided to check it out. And when I did

[IMG]

There was no complaining, there was nothing about the game, it was all jokes, fun, and roleplaying. So I stuck around and it was amazing, I was able to escape my boredom and the constant yelling I hear at work. I was able to escape into a fantasy land and play games with you all. I never got to thank my savior, so MelvinPox I know you don't post anymore but thank you for showing me my sanctuary.

Over my time here I've laughed, I've had fun, and I've become friends with a lot of you. I honestly would love to go out and have a few beers and talk with you guys I think it would be amamzing. I've taken breaks from the game and these forums, but I always get sucked back. Not for the game, but for the Funhouse.

Just before my last forum break Melvin left the forums, and I remember thinking "hmmm I wonder when he'll be back this place is going to be dull without him". But I didn't worry about it becasue I knew I was going to be disappearing for FF. When I came back to the game and the forums, you better believe I came here right away, and I was sad to see that he wasn't back. But I stayed.

The Funhouse was changed, we still had our thread, we still had our fun, but the roleplay from the time of Melvin was gone. Critic about the game started invading the thread, and the elitist bashing started. I Ignored this stuff, becasue well I'm an Elitist. I worked hard on my characters, I'm proud of everything about them, and I strive to be the best at what I do, it's why I play this game. You all are my friends and I know you were talking about me when you were bashing them, but indirectly you were. Still I ignored and I stayed.

We had a groove, a routine, things were good. Then July 21st.

Since then nothing has been the same. Gotham has infected the Funhouse, it's not fun anymore. Few have tried to restore things back to the Post-Melvin norm, and it actually did go back to that way for a while. Cat pics were posted, new fish were phased, we talked and we went a long our way. But the Negitivity stayed, it was hidden for the most part only to rear its ugly head every once in a while.

Things went on like this until recently. Now this entire forum community has devolved, and I can't take it anymore. I took a while off posting because I was tired of seeing the anger, fearmongering, and trashing of one of the nicest most respectful people I've ever meet in this game or any game I've played.

I saw that people tried to revive the Funhouse, but the toxicity has spread and consumed here.

Sadly because of this I LightsDerp am leaving the Funhouse, and the forums. Some of you have me on FB and I can still be reached there, I will still login to check PMs and game updates so feel free to PM me, and as always if you see me in game say hi and chat for a bit, but I will no longer be posting.

The toons that I play most often and that you can most likely find me on are Lights Derp, Inspector SpaceDerp, LittIe TeaPot (the small l is a capital i), and Skullerina, all of them are USPS Villains. So yeah add me as a friend or whatever I down to run any and all content.

So DC forums, Funhouse I guess this is so long. Thanks for all the fun, the good times, and all the many, many cats lol. Continue doing what you do guys and keep that thread going, I'm glad that I was part of the Funhouse history even if it was just a small part.

[IMG]

-Derp
    • Like x 4
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Melvin. Get your butt in here....please?
    • Like x 3
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: :(

Now, if I see the same thing from Carlynn I'm out for good.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mont New Player

I told derp to type that
    • Like x 3
  5. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I know you guys/gals had some hard times recently on the forums, but trust me, this stuff has been happening since forum 1.0, you were just never on the radar, so to speak, of the people that make the hard times. Keep in mind the Internet is 95% (redacted) so I would recommend posting as usual and just increasing your ignore list.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  6. Little Sister New Player

What happened July 21st ? o_O
    • Like x 1
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It's known as the weekend of the long knives.
    • Like x 10
  8. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

We're not allowed to comment on moderation Lil Sis :(
    • Like x 4
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: you commented on that thing we can't comment on!
    LOtPW page 1430, post #28583 @ Jul 19, 2014, post #28584 @ Jul 22, 2014.

What kind of sorcery causes loss of time?
    • Like x 2
  10. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

[IMG]

So much for the funhouse recovery....
    • Like x 10
  11. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

This is one of the more elaborate "Leaving for Destiny" threads ever. :D

Melvinpox lives.
    • Like x 2
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

Glad to see you haven't changed.
    • Like x 1
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

See ya tonight Derpage. You'll come back here won't ya?
    • Like x 1
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

You took my Derpstache away!!!
    [IMG]

The Queen is not happy! :mad:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 15
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  16. TheWhiteFace New Player

With all the people leaving the Funhouse it looks like the competition for ruler isn't going to be as big.
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Come on man....
    [IMG]
    All I am saying is
    [IMG]

I want to find the creatures who did this to him and
    [IMG]
    The cats are not please
    [IMG]
    If you go chaos and misguided confusion will ensue
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    And then I can see it now....
    [IMG]
    SO you see, you can't go....
    • Like x 6
  18. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I might as well say it... You won't ever win.
    • Like x 8
  19. Dametria Loyal Player

I miss you already Derp. :(

Queen Carlynn rules all.
    • Like x 3
  20. TheWhiteFace New Player

Nah. I'll win at least once.