Wishes for your Role or Power.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChibiMechaX78, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Advanced Mechanics for all controlling, healing, and tanking

Complete overhaul of the movement abilities to make them useful barring that....
    All movement mode to have an escape type power which moves you a short distance and gives you a small amount of defense mitigation (pve only)
    Backflip, vaccum bubble, and speed dash to have anon-supercharge version

Fire, damage adjustments to the AM
    Sorcery and Earth, for offering and fortify golem to be classified as a beneficial power and be allowed to clip
    Earth an aftershock mechanic AM
    Earth, the rock hands animation die a slow painful death and disappear into the abyss of the internet forever
    Rage, a half a second shorter cool down on outrage in DPS stance.
    Electric the range of the healing Aura of electro genesis be the size of most standard aoe fields and have the ability to create two overlapping fields (2 hots) if placed correctly
    Quantum, time bomb damage modifier for for any pre-loaded time bomb or time bomb with 25% supercharge reduced
    Celestial, mobility during the plague - divine light combo or DL - P
    Munitions, Ice, Fire - the mobile focused attack AM to be more smooth less button mashing experience.
    Light - customization for the light constructs
    • Like x 2
  2. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

HL dpsing used to be a art. Now? Press triangle. Great.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brennsinger Well-Known Player

And let Transmutation break objects again.
    • Like x 1
  4. Frekki New Player

I want super-speed to be able to toggle the running on walls and ceilings with another button (R3). It would make it a lot more fun if you weren't always getting stuck running around in circles stuck on a wall or lamp post or whatever.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Given that my newest character uses Munitions, the addition I'd like to see to that power set is "Bullet Bending" or "Homing Bullets", where all shots fired at a target while it's active home in on that target, "steering" around obstacles to reach their target.

If the Devs wanted to, it could even be done as an Iconic Power, available to ALL characters and applied to their ranged attacks!

[IMG]

This would be massively useful during boss fights, as you could stay in cover while still hitting your target! :D
  6. NightBandit New Player

For a tank to actually be that- a tank. Hard hitting and hard to take down.
    • Like x 4
  7. Krypton Dedicated Player

I wish people would stop telling me how I am supposed to play my role and what power to play. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Unverifiable New Player

^this so much
    • Like x 1
  9. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

i wish munitions dident have that green halo thing
    • Like x 3
  10. Unverifiable New Player

• Like x 1
  11. Ramonater New Player

the one single and ONLY change Earth tanking needs is that Epicenter needs to have a slightly further range
  12. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

When I'm Rage Tanking, my max health pool varies by the second. Sometimes I misjudge it's value so what should be a tickle ends up being a one shot. I would like a numerical value display for my health.
    • Like x 3
  13. lokithoz Committed Player

A Visual revamp for ice, it needs one really bad
    I got really disappointed when they removed the real ice armor back then, that would be another thing for he role
    Make tanks more tank like, in other mmoprgs tanks have way more health than every-other role.
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Gadgets:
    Take Battle display off of the tree / trap and attach it to stick bomb or suppressor turret
    ie: Casting sticky bomb in the damage roll actives Battle display
    It's silly that it occupies a tray spot. All powers should be a fluid and Quantum's Time Bomb

Troll roll could use a group shield
    I hate that Munitions got the visual effects for shield that I wanted to see in gadgets...it may not be gadgets 2.0, but it made gadgets look dated.

Photon Blast use to rule DCUO and now it (and other 35%'ers) serves no use full purpose .... I say give them 100% chance of crit damage when used with WM combos.

Re-skin suppressor turn so that it does not look like a stove from the 70's
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Another one: Hard Light (i.e. Ring-Slinging)...

WHY are all Ring-Slingers limited to only the Control Role? The only limitation on a Ring-Slinger is supposed to be their imagination, so they should be able to fulfill any role they want! DUH! :p
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

^This is the top of my list for things that need to happen to powers. It's the second most irritating thing about tanking (particularly pugs). Wasting power pulling adds that are rooted or keeping an eye on added waiting for them to become unrooted. It's extra fun when you get blamed for not pulling the adds.

1st most irritating thing about tanking is being juggled too easily by low adds that can knock you down.
    • Like x 1
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have to say I agree with you on the blame game. I tried to run LAB the other day and the troll stunned the adds...NO ONE MOVED...I tried to pull the adds again but the troll stuned them again, than when they were free I had no power and we wiped...I asked kindly for the troll not to stun the adds, Quantum troll, and he said ok...he stuned them anyways...

The reason why I like HL trolling is that IMPACT pushes the add back and I use to push the adds to the tank, but every now than a DPS would get right in the way and die eventually when the add woke up...LOL..
    • Like x 1
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Mental:

- A complete undoing of the AM and all Mental changes after the recent revamp
    - A fun, competitive advanced mechanic.
    • Like x 3
  19. Makineko Committed Player

My biggest frustration with the Mental Am is 2 fold:

1) The moves available to use aren't great choices imo, TK Bolt+Phantom flames yes but the rest are Meh powers that are either too similar to those currently in the Am or too weak. It would be nice if they could fit moves like Cryokinesis in there to add variety
    2) That inconsistency of the finisher. From a close-mid range distance M/*** Terror can crit for 25k (my biggest Crit as a 112 dps), the next time I try it at a similar range it'll hit for 2k. Where's the sense in it?

The burn with Mental isn't that great either tbh, though I wouldn't be too upset if it got revamped and didn't hit Quantum hard but a bit of a buff would help out.
  20. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I've been brainstorming lately as to how to add variety for the healing powers while still keeping with what makes them fun.

So I I've been thinking about electricity lately. I actually wish Electricity took advantage of its "Bio charge" more. I'd like for it to be used in more ways too because bio charge is pretty unique to electricity.
    Ive also been thinking as to what moves could also be healing powers.

So one power I'd like to see as a healing power is Electrocute.
    It'd be nice if it had a visual difference in healer stance but beggars can't be choosers. But if I could choose I'd prefer the cloud stick with a gray, white and Blue scheme to keep in line with the blue healing electricity.

So how it would work is this. Electrocute will allies in the area of effect, but won't heal unless your allies underneath the cloud are bio-charged. Once they are, they will be healed. The heal will initially be a big burst (since electric is a bursty healer) then followed by little ticks of a HoT that would last as long as the cloud is up. It is similar to Sorcery's Circle of course because you may need to learn a bit of placement. The two differences is that Electrocute has a burst heal in it and only heals your team who are Bio-Charged.

The reason I'd like electrocute to be a heal is just because it is one of my favorite powers among the powerset.

Id also like Shockwave to be a healing power as well. In my mind it'd work like Sorcery's Soul Siphon. Soul Siphon heals for the more enemies hit. Something that requires you to be in close which is something I didn't like as a sorcery healer but I think would be a great match for electricity.
    I think it'd be best if Shockwave still healed allies who weren't Bio charged but you would benefit far more from the heal if they were bio charged.
    How it'd work...
    On non-bio charged allies it he's exactly how soul siphon does for sorcery
    But on NEARBY Bio charged allies they recieve the same heals a non-bio charged ally would but they recieve an additional HoT that is about 1/2 or 1/3 the strength of Electrogensis as a HoT.

I found it important to mention nearby allies because positioning has always been key with electricity so couple that and the mid range you may need to be in for Shockwave I think would suit electric just great. I think it'd be a great heal but also true to electricity even though I feel like I am borrowing off of Sorc a bit.

That's just two ideas for now. I'm worried about the criticism so I don't want to post too much lol.