Wishes for your Role or Power.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChibiMechaX78, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Biester New Player

Then that would kinda kill the game for tanks to be the only role without a power-back mechanic. It's hard enough to get into content as a tank as it is, why make it harder? We are loved in end-game but shunned in older content. I definitely vote "no" to this, unless you want to include tanks in the fun.
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Munitions Trolling
    Reload - this power dump ability seems slower than other power dumps by a split second. Maybe adjust it a bit to make it faster.

Nature Healing - Bug Form
    Reduce the power received after using Hive Mnd by 25-40%

Rage Tanking
    Power Back Mechanic - While in Rage state, abilities that reduce damage and when using Rage canceling move provide 100% power back - this would make Rage Tanking Alerts without a troll or in solo instances more bareable...

Not sure but I think you can use the AM of Rage to get some power such as using the canceling ability of E. Chain and than doing the combo move of Violence to get get some powerback, but I'm tanking and not acting as a DPS, so the mechanics should be different.

Troll Stuns and Tank Pulls
    After a troll stuns the adds, make it so that the tank can pull said stun adds. To often when running with a troll they stun the adds before I pull them; what this does is that it keeps the adds near the group and not on the tank. Evenw ith proper communication, one add could end up behind the group. If tank was able to pull stunned adds, it would make it easier for the team / group.

Troll Power Dumps
    Recently I have experience what I like to call the Quantum DPS Effect. This is where trolls are doing power dumps but the power is mostly going to Quantum DPS due to how their Power BAck Mechanic works. The end result is that Quantum DPS get 2x the power in of other players and Tanks and Healers loose out on power they may need. To improve the power dumping ability, extend it from 4 man to 7. This way, a troll powers all 7 players in the group. This would make the so called Quantum DPS Effect non-existence.

Troll Debuffs
    It should hit all targets that are hit by said ability. If I hit 4 targets with a defense debuff, all 4 should be hit by said ability, not 1. With that said, the % decrease in defense should be adjusted base on the number of targets hit. This would make debuffing more effective in all content.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

Sorcery and Earth- If both are in same instance, grants tanking buff to Earth while Sorcery gets a healing buff While both pets are out.

Mental- Telekinesis should also hurdle Npc at the target, replace Mass hysteria with Reaper form granting the user a buff in critical attack and healing.

Cunning stat needs to be brought back if not then remove invisibility.

Fire and ice- Fire and ice receives buff in tanking, while both in tanking role as well same instance

Mental, Gadgets and Hl or Quantum or Munitions- While in same instances grants critical to Vitalization, while all are in control role

Nature and Celestial- Nature in healing role would give celestial dps a healing buff, while celestial in dps role would grant damage buff to nature healing, dedicated to Spectre.

Electricity, Celestial, Nature or Sorcery- grants healing buff to all in healing role

Disable both Am and Wm from arenas
  4. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

What I would like to see:

Pet power back abilities return power for all pets.
    Second AM for all powers
    Second role for each power, I really want to play a fire healer.

What I want most would be the removal of the power-back mechanics from the AM and add three new roles: one that acts as a power healer; one that grants an aura buff to defense, health, and/or healing received; one that buffs team effectiveness.
  5. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I didn't add my wishes in the OP and good thing too. It'd probably make it way too long.

Celestial:
    -Wrath of the prescence would heal and work with the purification PI. The more purified enemies the bigger the heals. Which works essentially like Electric's electroburst or Sorcery's Transmutation. It would heal differently depending on the combo. WoTP would be a Wave heal that would heal more depending on the number of purified adds nearby. WoTPcCS would be a lovely wave to burst heal to be sure.

But Corrupted WoTP would essentially work exactly like Sorcery's Transmutaion. Going from CScWoTP Corrupted WoTP would give more heals based on the number of purified adds nearby. The reason I hope for this is because I would like WoTP to be useful for healers.
    -Admonish returned to its original cast time
    -Benediction spread purification or more powers that Apply the Purifcation PI.
    -Blight becoming a 4 Man HoT then Corrupted Admonish being a 8 man burst. Essentially the opposite of AcB.
    -Life Drain replaced with a different supercharge that was useful for DPS
    -Plague being useful to healers. Plague would sort of act like Cleansed Death Mark and Cleansed Curse except spread around due to plague. So enemies infected with plague once they die (explode then spread the plague) they give a burst heal to nearby allies so it would be a great tank heal because how adds pile up on a tank. Cleansed plague would essentially do the same but once enemies die nearby allies receive a HoT(that can stack depending if you are close enough to the adds). These heals from plague are limited in range but would be great heals.

The reason I want these for celestial is just so to have more healing options for our loadouts. I think it would be interesting because having you'd have a reason as a healer to combo CS to WoTP or DL to P or those in vise versa.

Sorcery:
    -removal of Offering to be replaced with a wave heal of some kind
    -the watcher being less tedious to power. So give rejuvenate the added ability to power the watcher.
    -I know I said it was hypothetical from my OP but after thinking about it, it just makes sense for boon of souls to give your pets shields so I'd like that too.
    -I'd like for the Fury and Guardian pets summoned in the Grand Summong SC to have a beefed visual so that they represent that they ARE from the SC. Like how the watcher becomes a Large Red watcher.
    -increase the healing range for Shard of Life
    -Make normal fury a bit larger because as of now he is just puny.
    -More powers that activate Gold Soul Aura while in healer stance.
    -Soul Siphon heal slightly more per add hit.
    -Reduce the cooldown on Ritualistic Word
    -Watcher stick closer to the player

Electric:
    -Electrogenesis would put the second aura on the furthest ally away rather than the closest.
    -Redo the powerback mechanic to allow more freedom when using powers.
    -Slighlty increase Galvanize's range
    -it'd be nice if the safety net from Bio-Cap was easier to see considering it's very difficult to see little blue zig zags when so much goes on in-game.

Nature:
    -Considering the reason Cheetah's outfit won't change and she gets to have a moving tail, I think it'd be nice to have a moving tail for Wolf Form.
    -The visuals are always leaves, but why not flowers? It'd be nice if the effects had a flowerly effect added in too.
    -update how the bug form looks as well

The Healer Role:
    -I'd honestly just like for balance. So I do dislike how Nature has such a advantage with that powerback mechanic. I'd prefer that all healing powers gain a powerback mechanic in healing stance.
    -I would like for ALL healing powers to be given more variety when it comes to healing. Give them more healing powers to choose from or make other powers do something different in healer stance to keep things interesting. Which is partly why my celestial section was so long. The other part is just because I love celestial lol. I could easily come up with ideas for all the above powers but that would just make this comment WAY too long.
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

My wishes for HL DPS:

- Increase execution speeds of certain combos (ex. Whipthrash)
    - Increase the smoothness of clipping construct combos
    - Return Fan to a channelled attack
    - Remove dovetail for cancelling Fan
    - Increase damage of rifle grenade (tap range)
    - Adjust damage of combos to the level of current competitive powers

What I wouldn't give for these changes...
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain Neos Committed Player

Lol looks like you want to go back to RSF.
  8. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

When the power was at it's best. RSF was just one of the many options available to HL DPS. And it was way more fun to play then it is now...:(
    • Like x 1
  9. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

They should make for the controllers, that when they throw their de-buffs that those should actually de-buff all that they hit not just the single target. I still to this day don't understand why it was not like this from the start. They should not have to re-throw the de-buff for each and every target. The only exception would be the level boss which should be the one to target first then apply to all that it hits. If you were to hit an add first the de-buff should not work on the boss.

Other then that I think everything else is on par with the way it should be as roles go.
  10. MetalMario Loyal Player

I'd like for troller debuffs to strip buffs in addition to debuffing enemies. This way they could be much more useful without being OP when not specfically needed.

Healing: give other powers power back mechanics like bug form or add cooldown to it.

Tanking: Add some kind of indicator like large aoe damage burst or give power back when you do break out teammates. Any time the breakout works correctly this should happen to encourage people to learn to play the role. I would prefer the damage bonus. Consider evaluating tank mechanics in light of new stats and home turf boost scaling.

Damage: Increase WM or decrease AM damage. Increase damage potential based on range, clipping, and vulnerability to block so that powers or rotations that are more difficult to do have better potential like they should. Melee weapon attacks need to be buffed to be superior to ranged. Nerfing range isn't an option since they are already all too weak compared to AM damage. Give some kind of visual indicator when some beneficial power you use is helping in some way, like little pet damage numbers that show additional buffed damage. Also good idea: make damage buff powers only work in troll or heal or tank role and keep the orange numbers idea. Don't add damage numbers to the scorecard if there is some non-damage objective that currently needs to be satisfied. Additional ability to do single target damage would be nice since it's inconsistent among powersets.
  11. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Mental troll here...no changes top the troll side...while my stuns don't have the staying power of some others (looking at you, quantum lol), by cycling through the different stuns I have, i can delay adds becoming immune almost indefinitely. Know how easy bowmasters and punishers are to take down when they can't punish, or drop any death arrows?
    ...the DPS side of mental on the other hand...is an epic lament of legend when it comes to dps powers. My wish for mental is to have its damage out tripled so we can come in NEXT to last, consistently...instead of dead last by like 4 million in a raid where one million damage out would kill everything.
    Seriously, it is frustrating when a player SEVEN cr lower than i am with 85 less sp can leave me in the dust by comparison. It's a dam travesty.
  12. Cirocband New Player

I wish Nature removed the shapeshifting aspect all together. And replace the shapeshifting moves with more burst damage and more Terror power interactions. Bug form can stay if anything cause that actually works in healers favor. But the dog, gorilla, and wolf form we can do without.
  13. Cirocband New Player

With mental, I wish the change the debuffs back to how they were originally. At first mental use to be able to debuff all the ads at once with phantom flames before they fixed it. That was the main thing that set mental apart from all the other control powers before the nerfed it.
  14. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

I wish the Devs had a mental toon.
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

Fire Tank:
    Switch Stoke Flames and Spontaneous Combustion in the Power Tree.
    Fiery Weapon: Make every strike heal while in Tank mode instead of just the first hit.
    Absorb Heat: Make it mobile and/or add a couple more ticks of healing. Make super taunt on level with Fireball.
    Burning Determination: Reduce cooldown to match the fire DoT it spreads
    Stoke Flames: Add Enflame-style juggle, grant Immolation
    Burnout: Lower power cost, extend range to Flashpoint distance, set targets on fire if Immolation is active, make it tauntable.
    Eternal Flame: Turned into a Combo power, lowered to 35% SC, Linked to Immolation, Enflame, Stoke Flames.

Big Wish:
    While the levels of volatility was a horrible idea for Fire DPS, increasing levels of HoTs for Fire Tanks would be very cool.
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Give shard back its stun.
    • Like x 1
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

I wish that I could use my movement mode with stealth at the same time. Kind of hard to feel like a ninja when I can't climb up a wall.
  18. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

I wish there were alternate power skins. For instance, I would like to see my nature toons power be more representative of pheromones and less weeds/bugs. But I know some people like the weeds/bugs. So let us purchase alternate power skins. Another example would be making a gadget alternate that is more clown inspired.

I wish the superpowers on the iconic tree were worth taking. Most of them are junk anyway.

I wish super strength actually mattered. Having super strength and using a melee weapon should stack for increased damage. The same should exist for a super precision option and ranged weapons.

Crafting should be more in depth and I should be able to create better armor or weapons with some effort.

All the powers should be balanced. There should never be an uber-flavor-of-the-month. Sure make them play differently so that aesthetics is not the only reason to pick a power set, but test them and come to the conclusion that on set does not do more damage/healing/power out/damage absorption than the others of the same class.

The weapons should be balanced. If it says 92 DPS then it should do 92 damage per second. If it hits once we second then it should do 92 base damage in that second. If it hits twice per second then it should hit 46 base damage per hit in that second. Sure, blocks and interrupts can effect damage output, especially against slower weapons. But when they hit, they should hit big.
  19. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

Stealth should actually be stealthy. I want to be able to hide and backstab like a thief in Dungeons and Dragons.
  20. Mugren New Player

ICE
    Tank - overall, very good. It would be nice to have a feature like Rage where our shields got stronger as more enemies were close.
    It would also be very nice if we (all tanks) got a significant buff to control resistance.

DPS - overall, very good. Can it match top powers? no. Can it crush other powers? yes. Is it viable in all content? yes.
    It's just really boring now. I wish we had more AM moves and the ability to jump cancel them. It's difficult to use our AM on WW in L&W.