Winter Ward Still Dropping Aggro

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TrueOlympus, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Anima Committed Player

are you kidding me
    • Like x 2
  2. BIGBOYSEAN132 New Player

Its just a shield it draws no agro just like hard light shield
  3. AL Lonso New Player

You don't have to hit with might damage to cause aggro, you just need to use power and nearby enemies should already be taunted.

Quote from tank description: "Using super powers will attract enemy attention causing them to attack you rather than allies"
    • Like x 2
  4. AL Lonso New Player

I don't mean to be a smarty pants and I know I'm posting this in the wrong thread... But can you tweak the tank description for the fire power please lol it says "... Causing enemies to attack you, rather THEN allies" lol sorry to bring this up
  5. Radium Devoted Player

It isn't.

A good test to try this out is in the Breach alert during Mantis/Barda. Taunt the boss and pick up the resonator. When you hit WW the boss should start attacking other players besides the scripted attacks.
    • Like x 2
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I'm hoping they fix it finally or maybe replace it with the Ice AM at this point. If it's not going to work correctly as a tank move at least make it a cool DPS move. :D
  7. Larzhino Developer

Fair enough, Ill send that test case over.
    • Like x 1
  8. Millbarge Developer

Mantis/Barda will periodically attack anyone holding the resonator - this is by design.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

He's saying that the tank taunts the boss AND picks up the resonator. The bosses will then attack other players if WW is used.
  10. xskateXX Well-Known Player

yep noticed that aswell
    i used it then kalibak decided to go and give a big huge to the healer
  11. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

You don't even need to pick up the resonator. Just pop WW during the fight and they will attack the group. And it's not their scripted attacks. They will do their normal attacks towards members of the group instead of the tank.
  12. Millbarge Developer

Does WW behave this way everywhere? or just in the specific fight that is being referenced?

-Millbarge
  13. Radium Devoted Player

Its everywhere, but thats just the simplest fight I could think of for a test.
    • Like x 2
  14. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

What radium said. It drops everywhere.
  15. ZinccTEpicFail New Player

Winter Ward is not broke... Ice tanking is the only power I have ever been.... In artifacts tonight we got the feat when he has no lights up, for a league mate... We burned Kalibak to nothing and because the tank was scared to kill him with inescapable storm, he used Winter Ward to prevent aggro from being on us the team he was tanking for... So now my next question is, whats your dom stats?
  16. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Dom doesn't affect aggro. It only affects trolls cc duration and a tanks ability to pull adds. By default when in tank roll you are the top priority when you use powers.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mr Novembar New Player

Ahhhh the dom affecting aggro people. Love em.
    • Like x 3
  18. ItsRem Well-Known Player

So far it's happened in every T6 raid that I have ran (where the tank was actually running it)
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Your name is very fitting. :D

I'm not sure how it's behaving since I took it out of my rotation for being broken... I'll try to put it back in and give it another go. I'm sure the league will let me know if it's working or not pretty quickly.
    • Like x 1
  20. ZinccTEpicFail New Player

Actually dom is the determined strength of a pull, it decides how long you can hold the aggro... and when you use WW it is designed to stop a charge out and one shots... perhaps you shouldn't make personal attacks at someone before asking the entirety of the question... but hey I guess that shows how small minded people can be.... so anyway have fun being not good at dc fellas, send me a screen shot of the gold or platnimum shirts you didn't get thx... bye now