Winter Ward Cause Hate drop on Self again

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Goku1144, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Goku1144 New Player

in the video i posted, It shows WW making the boss jump to other people instead of taunting.
  2. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Is this boss specific or is it happening everywhere? We recorded a video on last boss of necro where we were on voice chat and tank would call out before he hit ww and boss would immediatly lunge me im not sure if that was ever fixed but it was only tied to one boss.
  3. Goku1144 New Player

Like I said, the video I recorded and posted showing the boss leaving me and jumping to somebody else. I believe WW detaunts you
  4. cosmic war New Player

No it was fixed for a time but now it's broken again.
  5. IceRaider Dedicated Player

this isn't proof I've seen this happen to fire and earth that lunge is scripted I saw u hit ww a number of times without losing her I'm sorry this video just does not help your case.
  6. Goku1144 New Player

Why are you so against this? Out of everyone here, You just you is saying you dont see it. And about my video. There are TWO points where I pop WW and she jumps. And no her jumps are not scripted. The only thing that is scripted is her turning around. I usually run this raid without WW and she never jumps around.
  7. StopPerving Dedicated Player

It's an odd one. Personally.. the first time I experienced it was back in Paradox Wave days. The boss I'd notice it on was the Sentry. You'd pop ward and the Sentry would immediately turn and shoot the sparks at someone else in the group. Running without Ward fixed the issue.

Then, randomly, it seemed to be fixed. Up until last week. As I mentioned in my last post.. Lashina would walk off, and do regular attacks (as in, the attacks usually done to the tank), immediately after popping Ward. I also experienced it on first boss NGN. If I do a HH run in the next few days, I'll talk with the league, and see if they'll hold me up for a while with one of the bosses, so I can record it happening.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Looking at Ingrid Olafdottir, it's true. I've seen several Ice tanks losing aggro. However, Lashina seems to be a bit weirder. It seems as if she's resetting her hate table after certain scripted attacks or due to proximity to others. I've experienced it at her as an Earth Tank and seen it happen to fire and rage tanks as well.
    So far, I'm not entirely sure what causes this, I wish there was a log for threat level and stuff.

But problem stays the same: Winter Ward is still de-taunting the tank who casts it. This should really not happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

No; he was talking about a time in the past when Winter Ward was definitely bad, and the common workaround then. Since this whole issues was supposedly fixed for a while, that doesn't say anything about whether it's good or bad today.

Bugs like this are really hard to reproduce. If you can show it in a video, then it will be easy to put that onto Daybreak's issue tracker, where it can be confirmed by someone else (I'd do it) and then investigated by the development team. There are too many open bugs and reports they can't even duplicate to chase after every post here. I think I saw what you're describing yesterday in a two tank raid, but since the other tank was doing strange things I can't be sure about it.
  10. StopPerving Dedicated Player

In the case where I was picking it up, everyone was pretty much ranged, and I had Lash backed into a corner near the entry door. Saw it happen over the heavy hitting overhead smash, and also happen after the minor martial arts attacks she does at the start.

The martial arts one was most telling. I had myself between her and the group... popped Ward.. and she walked past me, and did the standard MA attack on the first person she came to.

Weird huh.
  11. Goku1144 New Player

To me personally, fixing a tank power that makes the tank lose hate should be a priority over some of the other bugs in this game lol
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Now that you mention it, it happened to me as an earth tank as well. I was taunting her with stone or Jackhammer, block-countered her, she got up and lunged a nearby dps.
    Now I know that she has some proximity attacks. E.g. if she's stunning you and someone lunges her without instantly clipping the lunge, she fires one of these blockbreak-electricity-balls at the one who lunged if he/she is still in range.

I also know that she has some scripted attacks that make her try to go at range to the tank and close to others. But I don't know exactly why and when she's doing that. Following her and the group going to distance again solves that problem but I wasn't able to predict that behavior.

Back to winter ward, I saw this at Steppenwolf, too, I saw this on Viken Whatchamacallit. Definitely something off with Winterward.

But in general I feel that some/many of the new bosses have either attacks that reset the threat table or lose aggro earlier. As I said I saw tanks constantly taunting bosses but they decided to lunge/attack another person anyways. And I don't mean scripted attacks, I mean Stompa Handclapping at someone else, Aquaman lunging at someone, Superman Uppercut->Haymaker'ing someone, Ingrid throwing her staff to someone in the completely other direction of where the tank was.

I don't want to taint this thread about Winter Ward with it but if someone who reads this has more intel about the bosses and threat tables, it would be awesome if you can PM me :)
    • Like x 1
  13. StopPerving Dedicated Player

The walking off is a mechanic that kicks in around 40% health or so. I kinda think it's a prelude to her skull attack with the large AoE. Trying to get close to the group to kick it off for eg.

The other thing I've noticed.. if you're single taunting, you can lose agro much much much easier. As in the only thing that'll refresh is the single taunt again. But both of these subject for another thread methinks. Lets hope they looksee at Ward. Will hopefully get a video up in next day or 2.
    • Like x 1
  14. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

The priority isn't the problem, it's how to duplicate the problem. The bugs that get fixed tend to be the ones where the developers can verify what's wrong.
  15. Goku1144 New Player

over 500 views and still nothing -_-
  16. cosmic war New Player

You really think this is going to be fixed soon don't you.
  17. Goku1144 New Player

yeah.....
  18. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I was in elite guess what happened...? Hate drop lashina wiped the healer with overhead whipthrash look like outrage so yea I'm bumping this up sorry I really never had an issue
    • Like x 1
  19. Goku1144 New Player

I was hoping they would fix WW soon. But that wont happen, people are losing there Legendary and can not connect.
  20. Goku1144 New Player

Plus still no word from any Dev about they are working on a fix, or that they are aware this is happening. I havent played once today, and by the looks of it. That is a good thing.