Test Discussion Winter Seasonal: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Addendum: You've found your holiday spirit! That's great. Now try to not be a Scrooge ever again :-*
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is being worked out now.
    • Like x 1
  3. GL4ever Well-Known Player

LOL! Seriously though, thanks! :)

Now, about that large/small area falling snow...? ;)
  4. Juggalossus Well-Known Player

Thank you devs for listening to the players.
    These changes are much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Thank you. These changes I can live with.

Could we actually get a system like this heading forward for all the other seasonal events in 2018? Where it's styles for 10 to 15 marks, along with motes for 5 marks?
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This was a great decision, devs. You've put a little bit of fun back into the game that helps tone down the excruciating grinding.

Now don't ruin it by putting a super-expensive collection piece on the vendor for 200-300 marks please.
    • Like x 5
  7. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's all about their money making schemes. You either have to spend money on stabilizers or replay badges in order to collect everything in this game.
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Well, it looks like you'll have to put up with me for another 12 Months.
    I caved and picked up another year for $80. It was nice to see that Seasonal Rewards will be reasonable.
    Now how about giving us 300 prestige for a Seasonal Alert. We are clamped at 34CR; give us the appropriate Prestige.
    • Like x 3
  9. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Last week you'd said you were working or the details on how the enhanced style plan will be delivered with this change. Is there a chance we will see this on test before the seasonal goes live to make sure it's working properly?

If you haven't decided yet, I think leaving them in a box will be fine. However, it might be interesting in the future to get an email with the enhanced plan for a piece when you equip it. If the seasonal style is themed after a DC character, the emails could be from and/or about them.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The winter seasonal vendor has been updated with the previously mentioned changes.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/test-server-hotfix-november-29-2017.292945/

• Like x 2
  11. Vagrant Committed Player

I'm a little weary on what the prices for the plans will be because to an extent we will be right back where we were in terms of cost for the captain cold gear.

(Can't login to the test server keeps giving me errors.)
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working through the test login issue right now. (Sorry about that.)
    • Styles cost between 10 and 15 Holly Leaves
    • Enhanced plans cost 2 Holly Leaves
    • Winter Motes cost 5 Holly Leaves
    • Like x 1
  13. Vagrant Committed Player

Making me eat my words man! Now that is what I am talking about when it comes to introducing new stuff to buy.

Now if we can get more STUFF TO DO during these events.....
    • Like x 1
  14. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Honestly, I don't want MORE grind. I used to keep up with several characters at end game, now I have my main, two trailing behind, and the rest are basically abandoned. If we ever got gear and style unlocking I might feel differently.
  15. recoil Committed Player

honestly i just buy stuff for the styles. if i wanted gear i'd run a raid as soon as i'm the required cr and not the minimum. also word of advice take the required cr and tack on 10 cr points to get the mob/boss cr. will be buying captain colds waist style though now that i'm a celestial dual pistol user.
    • Like x 1
  16. Vagrant Committed Player

Now here is the problem with your statement. Each year they introduce more stuff to COLLECT which costs MARKS correct? Most seasonal activities take at the most 30 mins of your time. However each year you have to collect more and more marks but they never introducr new ways to collect MORE marks. If they would introduce more stuff to do each day that rewarded you each day more than 10 marks that grind of yours becomes less.
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I logged in to test how the plans were locked, to make sure the right plan showed up, and noticed some interesting things.

The enhanced plans are hidden on the vendor at first. When you buy a style item, that style disappears from the vendor and is replaced with the corresponding enhanced plan (I checked, and all were replaced by the correct one). There is a slight lag before the plan shows up, though. I'm not sure if this will cause someone to accidentally buy the wrong thing, if they are buying things in quick succession.

I noticed that the plans are marked cannot trade, sell, delete, but the styles are only marked cannot trade. Since the enhanced plans show up as soon as you buy the style item (instead of after you equip them) and the style itself is hidden on the vendor, I deleted one of the styles to see if there would be an issue. The vendor hid the plan and unhid the style, so I could buy it again.

The only other thing I was planning to test, was buying the feat for finishing the style on another character to see if the enhanced plans showed up. Unfortunately I couldn't do that since purchasing feats is turned off in the test server for some reason. Though, I don't suspect this would do anything, since the plans show up after buying the style item.
  18. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Not really though, because more to do is more to do. If they introduce more ways to get marks, prices will go up. That's how it works around here and I just don't have the extra time in the day to keep doing more stuff on each character. Alts are my biggest gripe with it. I have several characters I'd like to be able to keep up with, instead of only using them during seasonals just to send stuff to my main not even helping the alt at all. This also has to do with the cost and grind associated with modding but that's off topic.
  19. Vagrant Committed Player

How do you know if they introduce more quests that they will increase mark prices? You are assuming things based on nothing. They have increased the prices of items WITHOUT adding more stuff to do so honestly you are just speaking with nothing to back up your statements you are literally complaining about not having enough time to do something that takes maybe 15 minutes of your play time.

If you can't play the game for 15 minutes to get your Holly Leaves than maybe you should not be playing DCUO.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

He's not assuming anything. It's based on past observation, also known as evidence. The amount of content and marks available has always influenced pricing in this game. More marks available always translates into higher prices, because the devs have a set amount they want people to spend (either in money or replay badges).

Most recently, this happened during the infamous Age of Justice open world see-saw. Extra missions and marks meant higher gear prices, lowering gear prices also meant removing missions and rewards.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying making extra content is a bad thing, but I can see people not wanting to spend extra time for the same amount of rewards, which it would essentially come down to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.