Test Discussion Winter Seasonal: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Amen brother. I rather have them be just a style and the enhanced version being drops from seasonal boxes (like the ones of Earth 3. One out of the open world, one out of the instance with REASONABLE drop chances.

But just let try the following: Starting with the Seasonal we will "LF people for Earth 3 event raids. seasonal gear required!" and see how it goes ... -.-'
  2. recoil Committed Player

so what are the rewards for the seasonal collection this year? thats about all i'm interested in unless those speakers actually play music.
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Proxystar made this Christmas event preview a few days ago, but the screenshot of the 4star feat seems to be a aura, I believe the other collection just gives marks, but grants a title when completed
    Here's Proxystar's Christmas event preview in case u did not see it yet :)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/christmas-event-preview.292677/#post-4061659
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Wait...i just read that the full set of gear gives only 10 points? What? Really? If youre gonna do this...at least make it a 25 points feat.
    • Like x 5
  5. recoil Committed Player

sigh, well thanks anyways! was really hoping the collection might be a different style. but glad to see that the speaker actually plays music i'll at least be going after those.
  6. Perdition Committed Player

Events should be around having fun, and not farming your touchy off. there is really no need to put scaling gear in the event. for endgame players this gear is redundant sinds we get better gear from vendor/drops. so all we need to do with this gear is buy it and salvage.. Why not just apply the styles and lower the cost accordingly. We just had a new episode(event) where we get alot of loot. So again, why gear boxes and not just styles?
    • Like x 12
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Spot on. Especially the 3rd paragraph.
    • Like x 2
  8. Vagrant Committed Player

This new stuff would be great if it didn't have all the BS behind it, 25 marks for gear that we will most likely replace the SAME DAY. Ridiculous prices for all these new things as well.

THIS is why you can't bring new blood to the game. They see what they have to do just to catch up and its just too much. Why even bother trying to get friends to play this game at this point? None of them have hundreds of dollars that is required to play this game.

Seriously, NONE of us like this, this thread is very negative and yet why did you even create it? Nothing will be changed.
    • Like x 11
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Exactly.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are re-evaluating the winter gear set and its costs.
    • Like x 11
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Good to hear :)

Please can we get some falling snow too? We've had rain and fog recently, it would be very festive to have some snow falling in our Xmas/Winter themed bases. Was a bit shocked to find out it wasn't there really.
    • Like x 4
  12. recoil Committed Player

i know alot of people have probably been asking for captain cold gear styles but i can't be the only one disappointed by the lack of originality in styles recently.
  13. Juggalossus Well-Known Player

Please go back to reasonable goals with rewards.
    Style sets for 15 marks instead of gear for double.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update! Based on feedback, we plan to:
    • Change the Cold Commando gear set to a style-only set (without stats), and reduce the costs by 40-60% per piece.
      • This means 10 or 15 Holly Leaves, depending on the slot, down from 25.
      • Why? There are numerous other ways to obtain scaling gear in the game now vs. previously, and the majority of players here have expressed they are more interested in the style and feat than the actual stats.
    • Reduce the cost of the Winter Motes by 50% and increase the chance these drop in the event itself.
      • Why? We want to make getting the enhanced set easier. It's...cool.
    • Like x 18
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thank you for the adjustments.
    • Like x 2
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!! Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Thank you. I wasn't looking forward to the grind on this.

How much prestige will the event grant, and will the prestige change depending on the cr level of the toon?
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Awesome.

Im in full agreement that seasonal's should only give styles and not scaling gear. With the vault, episode previews, and capsule gear, you're taking away from the actual low tier content population, people that need to run that stuff for feats and to gear up and what not. Don't need seasonal's added on to that. It's good to slim it down a little.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Thanks devs!

So how does it work with the craftable enhanced set if the gear is now style-only? Or is it a box that contains the style-piece and the plan?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.