Test Discussion Winter Seasonal: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for feedback and bugs related to this year's winter seasonal rewards.
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

I gotta speak up here. U guys took this scaling gear even further. 8 pieces at 25 marks each? Thats 200 marks compared to the recent seasonals that were 150 for the styles. And there is an enhanced version too? That ya need motes for which also cost seasonal marks? Many have said this already, with TC gear, episode gear, and vault gear there is no reason to keep having seasonal styles attached to gear that scales. This feels like a time capsule inside a seasonal event.

Plus 5 motes for each piece to enhance and the motes cost 10 marks each plus simple and snowballs to enhance it? Is this correct? At this point idec about the new styles anymore because this stuff isnt even fun. And another 4 star feat? Is this intended? Fairy light aura sounds cool i guess i but havent seen it yet.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 15
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's a lot of new stuff in the event. The gear set has a really cool style, is a way to level up, and is a way to get feats. We want to always have a lot of new stuff for people to go after.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm with Light FX.

Don't introduce the Enhancement styles to classic seasonals, seriously. Nobody asked for that.

Unless you guys plan to extend the Seasonals or Scale the rewards up; leave those things out of the seasonal events. Keep them exclusive to the TC and Episode content.
    • Like x 15
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Yeah.. I'm done with seasonals, the grind is too much. Making the styles as gear pieces, so you can sell seasonal marks on the MP all kinds of nope from me.
    • Like x 15
  6. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

What's wrong with enhanced versions? You don't need to go after them, plus they aren't worth a single feat point. I love them and welcome them. They are also another way to use Winter Snowballs other than trashing them.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe make the motes a reward for finishing the content like with Starro and the Conqueror’s Motes?
    • Like x 2
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Got no issue with em in TCs. Why they are needed in a seasonal idk. But yea sure u dont need em like u said. If u read my post i was asking if some of this is intended because ya never know when things 1st go on test. My only real issue with this seasonal is more grind being added to it when many of us have asked for less grind repeatedly when it comes to the seasonals. And i mean the grind for the regular gear/style, base items, collection, and base pet stuff.

And yea the gear suit is 50 more marks but a full 8 piece suit. Which is technically better. But the time it takes to get it all and using alts and all that seems to have increased. So thats what i mean about more grind. Im guessing it is all intended because mepps did post and didnt mention anything being bugged.
    • Like x 5
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The motes cost 10 marks a pop just to get them. And then there's the gear it's self you need to get which is 25 marks a pop. They cost 35 holiday leaves just to get which means either more grind with Alts, or you end up discarding base items.

I'm sick and tired of the "But they aren't worth a single feat point" clique too. Is this what cosmetics have really boiled down to? The fact they are attached to feats or not? Time Capsules I understand, Regular Content I understand. Because either you get alot of Time Capsules and Regular Content lasts forever; but Seasonals only last for a month; 35 marks just to get one of these guys enhanced takes about 4 days or more to get; and that's not talking about the entire set.

And the thing is: I don't mind the grind, but you're giving me about 30 days here to get one of these; and the rewards along with the time span for the seasonal doesn't make up for that. It's either I get this done here and now, or wait another entire year when they'll introduce even more of these grind cosmetics.

Again, I like cosmetics; but they shouldn't boil down to discarding other cosmetics like base items; and they also shouldn't boil down to whether"Hey this cosmetic has a feat, or this cosmetic doesn't have a feat" That's cookie cutter. Why make a style in the first place if players aren't gonna be able to access it without either extensive waiting, discarding, or replay badging? It's a seasonal, not main content.

You may support this, but I don't.
    • Like x 5
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

So 5 total feats. 2 are no feat points. The regular style is 10 points. 1 collection is a 10 point and the other collection is a 4 star feat. Enhanced version of the suit gives the title "ice cold."
    • Like x 2
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

Seasonal events were always about having fun, since seasonal marks were put in the Marketplace, the "Grind" idea started. Something isn't right here, seasonal events are here to bring the game a fresh air and to let people have some cool base items and styles, it's not about grinding... The prices should be reduced and the gear should stay in the "ugh" Time Capsules.
    • Like x 8
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Come to think about it; If this gear has the Standard 5 motes for enhancements; then that means you'll actually need 75 Holiday Marks just to get 1 piece of this set enhanced without replays.

Come on now, throw us a bone here Devs. 75 marks? That's literally about 7-8 Days of farming both the daily and Alert; and that means you'll only be able to get about 3-4 pieces of this style enhanced without replay badging before this seasonal ends. You can get more than that without replay badging if you're feeling up to using your alts everyday. Grind like that should be in regular content; not Seasonal Events.

So that means Seasonal and Cosmetics alike have come down to the point to either you wait until another entire year to get a set done; or you have to spend alot of money. Thanks for introducing me the style set, but I will personally not bother with it. Thanks but no thanks developers.
    • Like x 6
  13. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Sick of it or not, you do not have to "grind" for them at all if you don't want to. That's the whole reason people bring up the feats or no feats. It's completely optional like how SM cosmetics and titles are. They have said in the past, regardless if you asked for it or not, they are trying new things regardless. It seems the whole enhanced versions of cosmetics caught on and is a very popular trend which is why they are continuing it even in the Seasons Greedings Seasonal. I understand where you're coming from when you say no one asked, heck I didn't ask for it, but that doesn't mean they are only tied to only bringing in content/cosmetics or the method of bringing them in that people asked for.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It will cost you 600 holly leaves to complete the gear set and enhanced versions.

You can get 10 leaves per day and let's say the event lasts 30 days that's only 300 marks farming it every day.

Not even half the required marks to get that stuff done. Then that's not including any of the base items.

So your options are to either farm extensively on alts to get the required motes and any base items you want or to replay.

to get the remaining balance required you'll need to replay or buy marks outright

If we assume resetting the outside instance is most economic at 12 badges for 6 holly leaves, that's

300 / 6 = 50 replays * 12 badges = 600 replay badges or effectively $20 worth of replays

or you can buy the marks outright for usually what 540DBC for 50 so approx 200 marks for $20 meaning you'll need to spend about $35 if you just want to outright buy your way through it

and bear in mind that's still farming it every day, if you just want to replay your way through it without waiting you're looking at $40 worth of replays.

Conclusion to my thoughts

I think some of the stuff is cool, again I'm not a fan of the 4 star feats and to be honest Mepps (Dev's) why do these keep trying to get snuck into the game, you're either putting them in or you're not, but please stop taking them in and out every time we find one on test it's coming across like you're just trying to sneak one in and hope we don't notice...

In terms of costs I think it's probably a tad excessive, you want the seasonal events to be a bit of fun, the seasonal events weren't supposed to be large events, so Mepps the natural question - "are you trying to turn seasonals into large events now?"

You don't want to drain all the joy and fun out of the seasonal events by adding too much grind or too much additional cost, just something to be wary of especially when members are always paying a subscription.

Perhaps you could introduce a gear cost reduction feature for members that means we can buy some of the event stuff for cheaper as a membership reward meaning we're actually getting something out of the money we've already invested in the game.

I think pricing like this you have to remain quite conscious about as you develop content.
    • Like x 17
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I don't think it's as much a grind in my mind as it's all started seeming like a chore, which is one of the big reasons why the original Valentine's event is my least favorite.

As the seasonals have gone on this year I've run them less and less, even though I've always liked them as a diversion from the gear chase. The Valentines and Spring events got some decent play from me, but I only ran the Summer event enough to get a couple feats my villain character didn't have.

I didn't touch the Halloween event, which is probably my favorite. And from the sounds of it the holiday event might end up the same.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In regards to the part I bolded and underlined, I just have to ask whether or not it's really needed.

We have scaling gear in the Vault. We have scaling gear available in the DLC previews. We even have scaling gear in Time Capsules. And that's on top of all the gear available for purchase with Marks to help us progress.

It just seems (at the very least) odd to add in more progression gear when we already have so many sources available to us. And I can only really speak for myself on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who'd just be happy to just have the styles as the purchase item as in past seasonals.
    • Like x 6
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The new set should be a style only we have gear drooping in the vault everyday now that should be more then enough to help people gear up then doing this in the seasonals .
    • Like x 1
  18. recoil Committed Player

wow now they're even missing the reason for the season *slow claps sarcastically* somebody's getting coal and a visit from a very enraged jacob marley night before christmas XD.
    • Like x 2
  19. Backblock Well-Known Player

I remember when I said that they will eventually introduce an entire gear set in a seasonal vendor.
    It seems that my expectations were exceeded with the additional introduction to an enhanced version that requires motes.
    I won't complain much, I hope that the motes are at least tradeable.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's the point, Mepps. It might be a way to level up in your eyes but it is useless that way. Since it just scales you're basically better off getting marks for the Vendor Gear.
    The "leveling up"-argument for Seasonal Gear is the weakest argument about the whole thing.

The only thing that these styles causes is players spending cash on the marketplace to get enough marks. Because some people have jobs.

Devs you should start to understand one thing: In a free to play game - and the seasonals count as free to play - NOT spending money is NORMAL. When playing only one toon and only for one to two hours a day you're not able to catch up on any of that anymore. And that should have never been the case. You shouldn't need to spend money to catch up on your game...

All in all:

- reduce costs
    - remove the armor-aspect for it is useless anyways
    - make the seasonals more fun and less grindy

- shouldn't this holiday be about love and giving and not about grind and taking?
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.