Test Discussion Winter Seasonal: Content

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please report any bugs found in the winter event here. Thank you!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    In one of my runs, we had a problem with the Orange Constructs that you have to encase and teleport. We'd KO and encase them. However, they would sometimes continue to attack the group. It was impossible to pick them up.

Here are a couple of examples:
    Jump to 22 seconds:

Jump to 24 seconds:
    • Like x 1
  3. Vagrant Committed Player

Honestly I don't see why there has not been any added content TO DO. No new alert? No new event duo? How about a race? How about a single player challenge? A raid? A quest? Anything?

At this point 5-6 years later it would be nice to have something new to do this year rather than more new stuff to earn, which honestly is great. Looking back through the years each seasonal has a ton of stuff to collect. But enough is enough, please next year include something new to do to earn marks, I mean in each seasonal. Even if it meant we could earn 11 marks per day doing something that would mean the world to us players.

Here I'll even give a suggestion. Remember the VERY first year of Halloween? There was not a Midnight Masquerade, no we fought the Scarecrow in the Gotham Sewers as our alert. Check this out.....let us run that each day too! Hell you could even add feats to it, AND let it drop maybe 3 spooky bites, there we go more stuff to do.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Vagrant i personally would love too see something new too happen too the events.

But it's very doubtful they will do it, i have ask in #Ask-Dcuo when it was still around, They said only thing too be change/update will be the base items and possibly the marks which we are probably gonna get just 10.
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There is still the perpetual issue of some attacks doing no damage to adds in the open world part of the seasonal. I believe someone narrowed this down to a damage splitting issue (over a year ago). Since all attacks do 1 damage, if an attack is supposed to split damage when there are multiple enemies, the split results in damage less than 1, so no damage occurs.

Please instead round up after the split. This affects all seasonals with open world adds. For many people this means we have to switch from using order powered to using a weapon, and in some cases even end up carrying a second weapon around just for seasonals (I have some league mate that do this).
    • Like x 2
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

Ya its not that they CANNOT though, they just won’t. Personally I would love them to spend some resources making a new holiday race or instance than recoloring a base item that takes maybe a day or two.

Oh and here is another gimme, during Valentine’s day you can use the original alert instance too. BAM more content.
    • Like x 1
  7. NotHappy Active Player

yes I also would like to see more added content to the seasonals instead of added feats making in a chore instead of FUN

I do remember the original Halloween event. Back then it was fun and a welcome addition to the game. It gave us something different to do and have fun doing it.

The events now are just a means of increasing the number of microtransactions (gambling) in the game.
    • Like x 1
  8. NotHappy Active Player

I remember that one too. I did it three times then never tried it again heh
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bugs
    Possible Known Issue: Incorrect Pricing and Gear Still Attached to Captain Cold Gear
    This is most likely known and in the pipeline for an update, but I just wanted to report it any way, in case it doesn't make it into an update. Scaling gear is still attached to the style and each piece is still priced at 25 Holly Leaves.

Possible Bug: No Vendor Collection Pieces
    This may or may not be intended, but there aren't any collection pieces on the vendor, for either of the new collections introduced this year. This may be intended, but it doesn't follow the trend of more recent seasonals, so I'm reporting it to ensure nothing is missing.

Potential Bug: "Captain Cold" Naming Conventions
    Prior to Episode 30 going live, the 2 new styles introduced in the episode were called "Owlman" and "Johnny Quick". Upon launch of the episode, these style names were changed to "Owlsuit" and "Quicksuit" seemingly to avoid being named after an iconic DC character. The Cold Commando gear carries the "Captain Cold" style name, currently. This seems like it may not be correct.

Bug: Incorrect Plan Names
    Each of the plans are titled "Plans: Cold Commando's Enforcer _______". This naming convention suggests that you can craft the gear, when in actuality, you are crafting the enhanced versions of the style. "Cold Commando's Enforcer" is also a reference to the actual DPS gear name, too, rather than using a generic "Cold Commando" title.

Potential Bug: "Captain Cold (Elite)"
    The Enhanced style is called the "Captain Cold (Elite)" style. As there is no gear attached to this style and it isn't obtained from Elite content, my gut tells me the correct naming convention should be "Enhanced Captain Cold".

The actual listing on the R&D Table states that each of the styles you're crafting are "Enhanced Cold Commando's Enforcer _______", which suggests the style may be intended to be called "Cold Commando".

Bug: Vendor List Ordering
    The following vendor items are out of order in the vendor listings:
    • Candy Cane Weapon Box
      • Located: Between the Batman Holiday Tree and Batman Holiday Large Tree.
      • Opinion: Should be beneath the Captain Cold gear, above the Winter Mote
    • Wonder Woman Garland
      • Located: Below the Mounted Dignified Reindeer Head and above Icy Snow Man
      • Opinion: This item was released in 2016's update but is nested in the 2017 update's base items. Move with the other 2016 base items.
    • 24K Gold Ring Box
      • Located: Below "Krampus Hood" and above "Pengbot Totem"
      • Opinion: Move to the top of the vendor, next to the Candy Cane Weapon Box, because the 24K ring scales to the new max seasonal vendor item level of 191.
    • Peppermint Shield
      • Located: Below "Festive Winter Gloves" and above "Sugar Cookie"
      • Opinion: This should be grouped at the bottom of the vendor with the other weapon styles.
    Bug: Base Items Missing Year Tool Tip Indicator
    The following base items are missing tool tip indicators of the year they were introduced (eg. Season's Greedings 2017):
      • Wonder Woman Garland
      • Wonder Woman Holiday Tree
      • Wonder Woman Holiday Tree (Large)
      • Wonder Woman Holiday Wreath
      • Opened Scattered Presents
      • Opened Scattered Blue Presents
      • Astronaut Space Action Collectible
      • Scale Model Blimp
      • Scale Model Tank
      • Toy Mammoth
      • Pengbot Totem
      • Emperor Penguin Totem
      • Table with Harlequin Leg Lamp
      • Harlequin Leg Lamp
      • Festive Holiday Bridge Ramp
      • Festive Holiday Bridge
      • Melting Snow Drift
    Bug: Base Items With Incorrect Year Tool Tip Indicator
    The following base items have the incorrect year stated in their tool tip indicator:
    • Row of Icicles
      • States "Season's Greedings 2014"
      • Was introduced in Season's Greedings 2017
    • Shiny Snowflake
      • States "Season's Greedings 2014"
      • Was introduced in Season's Greedings 2017
    Suggestion
    Currently, it's quite difficult to interpret where each of the Yearly updates to the event start and finish. 2016 and 2017's base items are next to each other, which can be confusing if you're new to the game or missed the event last year as you may not be aware what was added each year. This problem also occurs for 2015 to 2014's updates.

The easiest way to fix this confusion, in my opinion, would be to:
    1. Move the Captain Cold/Cold Commando styles to the bottom of the 2017 Base Items list.
    2. Move the Krampus styles to the bottom of the 2016 Base Items list (this would merge the confusing 2 groups of 2016 base items that currently exist)
    3. Move the Honorary Elf/Santa's Little Helper styles to the bottom of the 2015 Base items
    Doing the above will create hard borders between each of the year's base item updates, making it less confusing as to which base items were introduced in what year, at a glance.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.