Will it be worth it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Nov 2, 2016.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I recall that we would be allowed to unlock styles on our alts. This was said at some point and I can't dig up the post currently.

If the plan is to make progression focused more towards gearing a main character, is it worth it to still introduce this feature?

I'm already starting to dread the fact that I'll be less inclined to play multiple characters once we get episode 27. That's one thing I enjoyed more about this game compared to others. I just worry about how much time I'll have to play since there will be a lot of changes to how we gear really soon.
    • Like x 3
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i feel the same way
  3. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Gear unlocking is supposedly a fix for this. We'll just have to wait and see.
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

Plus how much $$$ it costs
    • Like x 2
  5. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well, I'm used to waiting. It's just when I get my hopes high here something makes me regret it.
    They really should consider those who don't spend money on respecs to play the powers they enjoy.
  6. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Another thing that I need to pay money for, on top of my subscription. I wish feature still could be introduced without pissing off long time players in the process. :(
    • Like x 4
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Style unlocking was actually mentioned at the beginning of 2016 but got pushed back (along with Water powers) to next year, 2017.

I hope they don't make the cost too expensive because this game really is starting to resemble a money pit when there are thousands of other games out there that aren't money pits at all. For years they've said they'd make having Alts easier, NerdofPrey said it herself in a stream that they know we love Alts, and maintaining them should be easier. When is this gonna start happening or did that get pushed back as well?

I used to have a ton of active Alts but now only really have four active characters because it was too time consuming to play more than 4. Putting the best gear on vendor and these new mods needing so many ingredients I can see it being difficult managing two characters.

If I lose my Alts, you lose me as a customer because the reason why I have so many was to have as many playable powers as possible without needing to buy power respec tokens which I refuse to buy because they're 10 dollars. Weird how buying a respec token actually costs more than buying the power. Too many micro transactions anymore.

Sorry Sony dropped you guys but, that doesn't mean the players should deal with the biggest repercussion which is a series of cash grabs.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pults Loyal Player

Style unlock =/= Gear unlock.
    Keep in mind that a lot of rare styles are attached to items that aren't part of the normal progression - elite gear, omni, rare drops.
    Gear unlocking will be a way to skip tiers and the grind whilst style unlocking will server for only unlocking styles.
    • Like x 1
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Style unlocking is in 2017. And most likely done via replay badges.

Gear Sharing, which can easily be done by making any gear dropped to your character account bound. The difficult part is making it so where it cost replay badges to share gear between alts.
    • Like x 1
  10. Davenport Committed Player

Unlocking styles for the right price would be nice.
    20 or so times I've gone through Assault and Battery, never once getting the Vestments waist.
    My multi goes through it once, bam! First item. o_O
    I just hope it's cheaper than the 70 Marks I've been too cheap to spend on it thus far, lol.
  11. Pults Loyal Player

You can get it with in-game currency..
  12. Davenport Committed Player

Yeah, 70 Marks, last I checked. But 70 Marks is a lot for a single style.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It shouldn't cost anything to be honest. If we're going this grinding route, all gear should be account bound regardless. Mepps said "alts are alts , and shouldn't have the very best items in the game that the main has unless they put in the same amount of time", but we can reset feats.....so that logic is flawed.
    • Like x 2
  14. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I vote that they remove the marks cap and make all of our currency account bound. Gear prices can change to accommodate this and I'm sure no one cares how many toons I use anyway. (Nevermind, people pick the smallest things to worry about)
  15. Pults Loyal Player

It's a rare style and there really isn't anything else you can get for a while if you are at end-game currently.
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

7 mins the solo mission
    5 mins the duo
    11-20 mins the alert

Thats your daily grind, i guess you are right... so much time :rolleyes:

[IMG]
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

And if your alt is a support role? Cause you know, they can kill all the things so fast.
    • Like x 1
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yeah what may not be a long time for u could be for someone else. Multiply that 5 times and you can see my issue.
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Is still doable, maybe it take longer and thats besides the point. All the content on Test right now can be beated without the vendor gear, that proves that droped gear is more than enough for your alts or your "offspec role"
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That´s the point, just because you have an army of toons to gear up doesn´t mean that the game should cater to altoholics like yourself and nerf the grind for the people who play 1 or maybe 2 characters. Alts are Alts, i just don´t know why it is so hard to understand that in this community.
    • Like x 1