Will Hayden Christensen Aka Anakin return to star wars episode 9

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Batrederik, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I think Hayden should be allowed to come back and have the chance..

What do you sir/madam thinks?
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why? o_O
    What possible reason would there be to have a pre-Vader Anakin?
    • Like x 3
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I think he wants to see Anakin's ghost
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Kinky :p
    Don't see a reason why Annie's ghost would appear, the only person who saw him was Luke, and he's joined him, there is no one alive he would have a connection to
    • Like x 3
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I don't think so; that would be like having Gandalf, Frodo and Bilbo coming back for more adventures in Middle Earth.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Well, Gandalf sure (he was one of the Guardians, almost like an Angel), butt Frodo and Bilbo both were mortal and died (oops! hope that wasn't a spoiler! :p )
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

So people are still caring if the new Star Wars movies are in line with anything? Since the Mouse took over they went from toy movies to mindless toy movies where the speed of light is variable and bombs drop in an environment without gravity. Make the next a revival tour of fan favourite toons, no one should care anymore, the damage is already done :p
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You are aware that the big capital ships in Star Wars produce their own gravity, aren't you?

So it wasn't so much 'dropping bombs in an environment without gravity' as 'releasing bombs and letting the greater artificial gravity of the Destroyer pull the bombs to it'
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Last time I was interested in that sort of.... "tech", only specially designed cruisers generated gravity working to the outside of the ship to inderdict hyperspace access. Since these never been in the movies, Disney scratched them when moving all additional literature to the "legends" or "legacy" brand (one of them, not sure which one).
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't talking about the Interdictor ships (that were designed to pull, and keep, ships out of Hyperspace), was talking about the simple gravity that allows the passengers and crew to walk on the floor and not float everywhere
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I get very excited about the idea of giving Hayden Christensen the artist, the craftsman, the actor, another chance to like.. reinforce his legacy AS the face, the body, the mind, and the expressive vessel for Anakin Skywalker. It gets me excited..... because it has to do with *Kylo Ren*.. As we’ve seen Kylo take the life of his father, we've seen him struggle.. And he lifted his thumb off the lasers, while he was getting ready to possibly kill his mother and he is still tortured.

I think what better way then actually bring in Hayden Christensen aka the character of Anakin Skywalker = force ghosts, flash back ?who knows? saying “Listen! kid. It doesn’t end well” Like it really doesn’t end well... What would that do if you’re idolizing your grandfather? Hmm. And then the force ghost shows up and says.. “You're picking the wrong side” ..

What would that do to the character?? or vice versa what? how are they going to break it down in story? Is it going to be a set vision of Darth Vader that flickers again...
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I would like Hayden to come back for a cameo, but after the crap he got from "Star Wars fans", we don't deserve that.

The only way I can see Hayden having any part in this film is via a force ghost.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Star Wars fanbase needs to get their crap together. Don't blame it all on Disney. :D
    • Like x 3
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

If you go back to episode I, then SW started with Anakin Skywalker and it has to end with Anakin Skywalker, in Force Ghost form. He has to appear to his Grandson and it really, really make sense for him to appear to Kylo Ren.
    • Like x 1
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

If Episode 9 marks the end of the Skywalker saga, I therefore think that it would make sense to arrange the debate as I have suggested... about Anakin aka *the* most important character in Star Wars.... I will be very disappointed if episode 9 doesn’t feature Hayden Christiansan, because the end of the Skywalker saga has to be amazing!
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That would imply that Episode IX would be the final movie (not counting the additional countless unwanted or needed 'Origin' stories)
    • Like x 1
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I agree it would be great, but it all depends on if Hayden wants to do it or not. His mood towards the Star Wars fanbase has improved after seeing him in the SW celebration (via Youtube videos) a couple years ago, so there's no telling. The fanbase have found new people to abuse so I'm guessing they're letting Hayden off the hook
  18. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Indeed.

If origin story can grow strong enough to subdue that roadmap. Perhaps it will make the origin into an even more powerful thing. Retelling and selling them for a high price. That is the role of every culture.
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Yes Sir That Guy. Hayden should come back.. And i really hope they go with the flickering thing.. That... I just.. the visual... I don’t know what that look like. In my head.. It’s rad but that would be so nice.
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Mr Christensen seems to be very humble and a nice guy. As much as I would nerd out seeing him again in Star Wars, I don't think he would return, I mean he's been doing small and indie films and last time I heard about him, he bought a farm
    • Like x 2