why was spring short if summer is long

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Savior Prime, May 14, 2020.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Then why was the springtime seasonal event only 14 days instead of the usual (month) length?
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Shortening Spring was trying something new. We will still be looking at feedback there.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

again would have been better had the COSTS OF THE VENDER ITEMS WERE REDUCED and I mean all of it not just the styles from 3 years ago... ( really you shorten the event but its still 200 seed pods to get the feats?) and really you should have doubled the amount we get daily instead of the "minor increase".
    • Like x 1
  4. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I actually preferred getting more currency and having a shorter seasonal, but I agree with Lycan that the prices were still a bit too high. I didn't burn out on this seasonal like I usually do. So it was mostly a positive, but I think the prices/rewards need slightly more adjustment to make it less painful to complete everything.
    • Like x 4
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I really liked the shorter, more rewarding, set-up. I like the seasonals, but a month's worth is beyond tedious. Two weeks is just right.

(Three weeks might be okay, but four weeks is too long unless it's something brand new, not something we've done for almost a decade.)

I'd still like to see seasonal Styles made unlockable with replay badges, though.
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

This shortened spring event did not allow enough chances to get the mission collection pieces for Swamp Things Things and Metamorphosis feats. If all of the seasonal events become only two weeks, it would take YEARS to complete those feats, even if you have alts; the RNG Spirits love to fickle with your fate.

I think that the devs should go back to offering the base item packages like they did a couple of years ago during the Winter Event. I don't think anyone became "burnt out" from that event because there was something to look forward to each week.

Perhaps that is the issue with Seasonal Events; some players become bored because there is nothing else within the event to look forward to. Personally, I prefer the seasonal events to be one month long; however, it would be nice to have a special sale or extra seasonal currency drops during those events.
    • Like x 1
  7. Whodini Well-Known Player

I'm fine with shorter seasonal content, still finishing one of the collections but there are plenty on the broker to snatch up.
  8. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

IMO the length of any event should allow you to at least get all the necesary currency to purchase all items related to feats.
    Since i had to do all the feats from 2016 for spring, i struggled a little bit but got em all using my alters.
    For what i could tell, i did not had any issues by purchasing the styles with one one characters, but for all the base items i went to the broker and used 5 alters to get the all.

If you do everyday for 2 weeks you get 224 marks.
    100 mark = 2020 forest spirit
    100 mark = 10 base items (only ones with 10 cost)
    26 mark = 2019 forest spirit
    (don't remember the exact ammount of seedpods u will need to get all the other styles)

Under this u can't get all the necesary feats related purely to styles, i can be a topic of discussion, but i think the currency should at least allow you to buy all the styles with one characters alone, and for base items use an alter.

On one hand we have the new player that of course will want those old feats, it be nice if u give a helping hand to those players.

Edit: Just realize i lost the point, "the ammount of marks you get from the event, should allow you to buy all the style feats from every year, for base items try alters"

(yes i know i will suffer this year since i haven't done summer feats since 2015)
  9. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I hear you and can relate however, when you open marketplace and see 50 marks related to a seasonal for sale for 540DB Cash, which btw is just over what you get for $5 irl cash so they're wanting to make you spend at least $10 to get a 50 mark item, at least $15 to get two 50mark items or that 100mark item, why do you suppose that is? Could it be because they're here to make and take our money? Nahhhhh can't be that... MyGuy wake up, I'll pay for coffee, it's on me.

I do like you sig though! If you can read this you're too close, warning I farted and rumor has it squinting makes you inhale faster mahgah ACK! IT DOES!
  10. MrStoob Well-Known Player

The only issue I really had with a shortened event was considerably less opportunity for collections to drop.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

spring seasonal base items are the best. i was happy with my haul this year but it was considerably smaller than previous years.

i've never bought marks off the broker but i will replay the hell out of the instances if i'm farming...
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea... it did seem really short. i didn't really get to it this year :(
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You need to run on alts if you are grinding out old feats. That has always been true (or buy currency). I got all feats done on 5 toons/accounts, and filled in the missing old base item feats on 4(2015-2019) as well as had enough left over to buy some extra base items for later sale.

For the grinders, the short duration was fine. I would have run every day on 12 toons regardless of the duration... If you are not a grinder or were tied up for part of the 14 days (work/travel...ha...remember travel?) I can see where it might have been tight. I think the only thing I disagreed with was the increase in base item prices. 6 marks has been the norm for base items for a while, it was 10 this time around (not counting the 'special' base items). If it were 6 marks, the tally would have been 160 marks needed, which could have been done in 10 days of the 14 on 1 toon....I think that's very reasonable.

BTW, if you want to use the alts effectively, and don't really desire the style you are getting...just the feat that comes with it, buy a style per toon vs getting styles only on your main then buy the feat and use the number of styles needed to dictate how many alts you run. Then all the overflow marks go to base items which can be shipped to your main. If you only buy styles on your main, you can't go back very far in one go. Obviously if you 'need' the style on your main, that's different.
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

My issue with long seasonals is that the loot table for the seasonals interferes with the general loot table... so when you get a "rare" drop from the seasonal it impacts your ability to obtain a rare drop from the DLC instances.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A dev already confirmed that that is not the case. The seasonal loot does not in anyway impact other loot tables.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i love it when i get rare seasonal drops!

except when i already have them and i can't trade them to alts or sell them.
    • Like x 1