Why trying to get more people to sub, if members are not happy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, May 29, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

I dont know why they think they can get more people to sub, when it is clear now that they have been having issues retaining the players that have been members for years.

Lot of people I talk with are just waiting their subs to end. The reasons doesn´t even worth to mention anymore. Lots of threads already.

that should tell them something isnt?

there are a lot of mad people playing the game, talking poorly about the subs anyway, they need to listen the feedback of the stable playerbase first, keep them engaged to the game, and then and only then start building towards getting to more people.

Absurd grinding=fast burn out.
    Carrot to high=discouraging people to go for it.
    mindlessly content= boredoom
    shared lootlock=less content to play
    Time capsules=dissapointment and frustration.
    Handouts=building worse player community.
    Clamped new content for all=devaluating progression and membership.
    Bugs and broken pvp= cutting the game by at least 40%. and so on and on.

It is beyond my understanding why the owners of the game fail to see all this, maybe they are gaining more money with this build up, but surely will be for a shorter lifetime of the game.

Why dont they address those things first (because fast and more replay, with minimum of content) come on.
    Please dev team, think in all your loyal customers first then try to get more people to sub, on top of a solid foundation, the other way around, well, it won´t work in the long run.
    • Like x 9
  2. Cyro Committed Player

their hope is that the new people wont realize how bad the game is
    • Like x 10
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Jackster said the community is growing rapidly.

So pretty much new players outweigh existing players so much to the point where it would be bad if they didnt cater to new players
    • Like x 1
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

you sure he said this and if so where? i am not saying he did not say it i just have not been following very close. i did hear him say at years end we had more players then the previous years end to which i cracked up. any (XBOX) clues needed as to how that happened?

if xbox was performing as well as ps3 did its first year ok. not even sure when xbox started but however many months just reference dcuo on ps3 as a litmus test.

I CANT SEE ANYONE THRILLED TO HAVE TO PAY AT EVERY TURN WHILE CONSTANTLY BEING LEFT EMPTY HANDED.
    • Like x 1
  5. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

Wait until most players learn that the new gear is going to cost 170 War Bucks per item for the new episode and that without replaying everything to death, you can only earn 120 War Bucks per week. People will really start leaving then.
    • Like x 2
  6. mexmex Dedicated Player

Lol, good luck with that, in any pug group I have join lately there is always someone trashing the game state and membership perks, I do believe the only real perk members have at the moment is access to the cash, The rest of them are pointless, full access to the game some will say, I don't think so, at least not for people who have played the game por a while now. It only take a moment to review the forums to see the anger, or to play and chat an it to see what a lot of people thinks about the kind of game DCUO has turn into
    • Like x 7
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I gotta agree there's at least 5 new gold spammers every day :rolleyes:
    • Like x 10
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

pics?
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yea, almost abusive grind and what is even worst, for what? Just for the style :/ or a three star feat, lol, the grind should be needed to beat the content not to dress up, I know I will totally pass this grind, and I am sure lots of other people might as well, I feel for the people willing to sink huge amount of time or huge amount of replays in this, I really do, it is just sad.
    • Like x 2
  10. mexmex Dedicated Player

That is exactly what is beyond understanding, it is as if you were trying to find a nice and fun bar, who will enter and stayed if the bar is empty or full of wannabes unaware of what the bar is for in the first place. So they cater to the people who subs for a month from time to time to catch up, well we as player need to act accordingly, and sub for two months a year only, only when the dlc are released, the rest of the time is lost time and free content. The game is so damn easy anyway. And with h the events is easy to catch up the cr even if you don't sub at all
  11. Korvyne Committed Player

Exactly this. If I can beat the new content in my current gear or a little over i wont be in any hurry to chase the new gear. I actually question how many of my friends I'll have left to play with anyway but I'm not thinking about that for now.
    • Like x 3
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

But he didnt say anything about new players subbing. The community could be growing rapidly but if 95% or higher of those new players dont sub well does it matter? And tbh i cant take anyone at their word anymore. Whether its on here or in real life. Show me the evidence to back up whats being said. Not saying anyone is lying. Saying i personally need evidence/proof to believe anything these days no matter who says it ;) Imo its ignorant to believe anything w/out proof in this day and age of "alternative facts." :p
    • Like x 2
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

For the record dcuo went live on xbox april 2016. Not sure of the date when the us/eu servers were merged tho. Cant remember right now. But u can search the announcement section on here for any kind of info like that. Cross play for the usps and uspc also happened in april 2016.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Those #s are slightly off but i posted pics of the entire vendor on test in the testing reward thread.
    • Like x 1
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

One of my new Dailies is Adding all the new Gold Spammers to Ignore.
    • Like x 4
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

This was mentioned in a video after the Xbone version release, that was removed from being on their twitch page. :oops::rolleyes:
    They no longer have a new platform to launch on, so..... :p
  17. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Mine too! I seriously wish AddIgnore worked to add the ignored player to that list for all of your characters on your account.
    • Like x 2
  18. krytine Loyal Player

The devs need to realize not everyone uses replays to death on this game. For them to base gear progression on those replay kings is stupid. And irresponsible to the customer base. We have all said it the excessive abuse of replays is killing the game and yet the devs do nothing it is to the point my membership is pointless. Yes its cool they did a members only raid and members go a flash cowl but the community flipped out over the amount of matterial for monster essences and here we go again and personally its foolish the devs are catering to the replay kings that will burn out the episode in a week or less and be gone while the rest on us deal with crap
    • Like x 4
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Ok personally if this game wanted to promote memberships then a members only solo duo alert and raid needs to be done every episode and major event. Plus members should get a mandatory week early release. A better discount on the market place. Lower prices in the vender not much but something. Elites should not be linked to completions of regular raids. Great example my league has a balance of elite players and casual. Some of the casuals have disablities with there hands and cant do everything a healthy player can or even more prevalent are those players that have kids and just cant commit to an elite raid time. So now the devs have created a seperation in casual and elite players becuase of the loot locks. I mean really you only get one free run every other week for an elite so you dont want to waste it on a normal run. Leagues have to continuously deal with this issue or split the league. So again members as a perk should have reg lock you out of elite runs or vise verse. A few small quality of life things can be done to take care of members and primium players. Great example all the different micro transactions for them they get to pick and choice what they want to spend on. But members should always get more bang for thier buck.
    I know some of you guys wont agree and even others will want everything they can for free but you have to remeber this is a business to make money so some money must be spent. But an equal balance of attention needs to be give to primiums as well.
  20. Unida Dedicated Player

they fell into 2 revenue streams which had short to mid term wins, but were actually long term death nails.

gear and content releases based on needing replay badges for a MMO grind (lulz wut?)
    time capsule rng roulette

amazingly, the solution is simple.

do not buy either of the above, and maybe their focus will revert back to top level content and gameplay + new ways to monetize ie

creating legit value for being a member
    getting in someone who has a clue about the potential for microtransactions done right
    • Like x 1