Why The Silence With the Anniversary Event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heywiar, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Heywiar Committed Player

I've noticed that news regarding the Anniversary Event has been unusually sparse. Are we going to get new rewards this year?
  2. Walvine Well-Known Player

7th antimonitor event starts and 11th aniversary and gifts .
    • Like x 1
  3. Heywiar Committed Player

Yeah, there are dates. I was more or less referring to the base items and style items that could potentially be in the vendor this year. Usually they reveal the vendor rewards far in advance.
    I should have been more clear, sorry!
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I agree. Normally we know something to expect this time nothing
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Now to be realistic unless one of us works for Daybreak and is willing to potentially lose their job by handing out information without permission everyone else would be just guessing but my GUESS is there may be a few small additions everything seems to indicate no huge changes this year. Look at the facts..

I didn't even bother to look myself but all indications are the event never went "live" on the Test server so I'd say we are not looking at any new missions this year. So don't expect any new solo challenge, duo, alert, raid or daily/weekly zone content. The event will have the exact same missions it had last year.

The announcement posted today states the game will be off line tomorrow while the event is loaded. The Announcement states the game may be "off line" for a whole TWO (that's 2 not 8) hours. Now these days how many times have we had any kind of update where they didn't say the game could be off line for up to that eight hour mark I mentioned? So again I don't look for a whole lot of new stuff.

And as already mentioned the event is going live in less than 24 hours now and we have seen absolutely nothing in the way of a preview.... NOW they could potentially have a big surprise they want to spring on us but more likely is no really huge surprise is coming at all or you'd think we be getting some sort of advertising to promote more players to log on and join in.

I do figure there has to be some new style and / or furniture but mostly its just the same event and allows newer player or older ones with new alts the chance to grab some feats and another way to get some Nth metal.

Anyway in less than 24 hours we can all just log in and find out
    • Like x 2
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The event was meant to go on test on Christmas, but there must have been an issue with the build and no one around to make a new build. It's possible test will go live today, but there wouldn't really be any time to address any potential bugs found.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ntime-–-december-23-2019.306450/#post-4287591

Also, many of the assets for the seasonal were added to the live server in the December 19th patch.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/server-downtime-december-19-2019.306347/
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I'm just going to start the grind tomorrow and not even worry about it till the 11th. I normally don't spend any seasonal currency until a week or so in anyway (except St. Patty's, which is short already) for fear of a 'sale' on seasonal stuff like last year at X-Mas time. I spent some holly early on items tied to old feats on alts and the premium accounts just to have the same stuff go on sale...or like at Halloween time when the Trick or treat buckets started dropping things I had previously spent spooky bits on.

The Crowns will spend the same on day 1 or day 5...I'll hang on to them for a bit to see what comes after the 11th.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I feel like the 11th is just gonna be a cr skip
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

December was just really busy.
    • Like x 4
  10. Heywiar Committed Player

I definitely understand that ;)
    Thanks for the reply!
    • Like x 1
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Any hints for the style;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I heard from the cousin of this guy who dates this girl who works at the coffee shop near their offices it will be Titanic Trenton.
    • Like x 5
  13. Ziquinho New Player

When does the Test Server come back?