Why rage for heroes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I would like to know, how could the devs accept that rabies can be compatible for heroes? Because for my part, I really have a hard time seeing it from this side, well, that gameplay is cool, seeing such a power from that side, I really have a hard time understanding...

Unless I don't really know the red lanterns ?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In the comics Guy Gardner leads a splinter group of Red Lanterns to protect the universe from Atrocitus and his Red Lanterns.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Lantern Spectrum Lore 101:
    Part 1-
    -Are the colors of the rainbow morally aligned?
    No. LoL

The Red Lanterns are actually chaotic neutral, it was atrocitus that set the alignment to revenge and thus more evil because he also set the rings to essentially remove your heart and reasoning. Thus making you slaves to his ideal.

For a while there, Guy was the in charge of the Reds and they were policing sector 2814, earth's sector.

To be honest, the same can be said about the rest of the colors. Sinestro was a green and used it's power for his own benefit. It didn't change the fact it just runs on sheer willpower.

If you asked me about this before Geoff Johns changed it to the rainbow corps, I'd agree that both yellow and violet were originally evil. As that is how they were introduced initially.
    • Like x 2
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'd suggest to check powerset's description for a possible hint. :)

• Like x 1
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The answer actually has nothing do with anything already mentioned (dont look for things where theres nothing)
    Heroes have rage because villans have it an if villans got it an heroes didnt heroes would just cry (and vica versa).
    Jk of course
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I kind of always thought they should have released Rage/Hope(red/blue) as a set like Will/Fear(green/yellow), where only one side would have it's own version of a similar power. With Rage being tank and Hope arguably being healer, I'm guessing it didn't work in the overall balance. As they never released a blue lantern power, that's obviously not the way it went, but if they were ever to release a blue lantern power to both sides it would look silly with the villains wielding 'Hope' powers. "I hope this bank robbery goes well", or ...."I hope I don't get caught doing this murder"....so yeah, seems to fit.:D
    • Like x 1
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Because in various lore, there have been decent red lanterns. Razor from the animated Green Lantern Series and Guy Gardner would both be heroes, as opposed to villains.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shazam Well-Known Player

Another neutral red lantern is the Judge. She judges you based on your actions. You are good, your fine, your evil, she is gonna punish you.

[IMG]