Why o'why is this like this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Jan 27, 2015.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I'm a 111cr 200 sp healer going against a level 10 in 1v1, that is unbelievable. They don't even have all their powers unlocked. It is no fun to curbstomp these players and I'll bet they don't enjoy it either, I actually think that it will push them away from pvp. Now for legends level means nothing but arenas no way they even have a chance.
    • Like x 2
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It's a cake walk for skilled players. You can still get beaten by those players but, I highly doubt a level 10 has WM...
  3. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Lol they don't even have a full power tray, iirc.
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Level 10 players will have your stats, and if they're skilled they can give you a challenge, but otherwise they'll be stomped. Sadly, new toons are given a Legends and Arenas mission at level 5 and 10, so they queue and get stomped 90% of the time and then they'll decide that PvP sucks and won't go back.
    • Like x 1
  5. SavingPrincess Well-Known Player

The way I look at it (to keep my sanity) is that you're giving them a quick free 100 MoV. ;)
  6. minuteofdecay Committed Player

They won't have my stats, 200 sp but the biggest gripe is that they don't even have full access to all their powers. Try to pvp with only 5 power points and don't pick a power over level ten.
  7. ChuckLess New Player

You're not CR 111 in PVP.

All lower levels have their stats boosted, including those from SP's.
  8. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Honestly, I have no problem with Legends being at level 5. There is nothing in Legends that you get at level 5 that is somehow magically going to improve when you are at Level 30.

But Arenas can be a different story. Granted I don't do arenas much (and usually not until I AM level 30), but not having a full power tray does set people up for failure. Too much failure is not good for player retention.
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

No my cr is 100 and they don't get boosts from my sp. If I remember right their cr is 87, 13 cr different that's a pretty big gap.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its absolutely terrible. When I see these low lvl people in arenas just getting slaughtered by me. Has the queue system gotten that desperate.
  11. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I was doing PvP the other day when a level 10 showed up. At first I went all out and killed him... really fast but then I started to go easy on him. He still didn't win even after I gave him so many chances
  12. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

this is the whole point of the thread, not sure why everyones blatantly missing that.

arenas should be removed for new players til 30. legends only, let em get good in a balanced environment, then unleash them when they can afford all their power points.

duh?
  13. ChuckLess New Player

No, not based on your SP's. They do get stat boosts based on SP's they don't have though. Up to the 1st row of inates or something like that.
  14. minuteofdecay Committed Player

With 200 sp how many WM bonus do u think I get. But the whole point is a level ten should never be put against a level 30, they are at such a disadvantage with everything gear, sp and especially powers look though ur powers and Come up with a load out using only 5 power points and don't go over a level ten power pathetic.
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Yet as a level 10 Rage toon in PVP I took out a full 100 PVP player, don't say luck, because I do much better in PVP with my Rage toons than I do with my Light toon. I just for the life of me cannot fight well with my primary. LOL
  16. minuteofdecay Committed Player

There are always exception s to ever rule but for every lv10 that wins there are hundreds that get curbstomp ed
  17. ChuckLess New Player

That's why they put in the stat boost/clamps.

The difference between a PVP CR100, and a toon wearing no gear at all, is not is not that big anymore. At least not compared to how it used to be.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Level 10 should be a cake walk, a level 16 nature or hl is a different story tho
  19. Solar Well-Known Player

Come on now the devs said these changed would open up PVP to all. But really if you are level 10 and get crushed repeatedly I can see many of them bailing on the game or just pvp. Outside of removing lair mods from PVP a lot of season 3 should have never happened. PVP is a flaming mess of WM rangers, repeated stuns and unbalanced match ups.
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

You are boosted to fully modded PVP CR 96 gear. I'm not sure what that means, since there are 8 prismatic gear slots. I should check my stats next time I PVP, because I always take off my gear since I only have 96 and half 97. I don't want to waste time changing when I get the boost anyway.

The biggest gap I see is WM combos. If I can hit a combo, then they will be pretty much dead unless they are a tank or can heal quickly. Otherwise even a sub level 30 can do well if they use counters effectively (know when to interrupt WM). Usually these are people with experience leveling up an alt, or maybe an experienced PVP person that wants to beat people with a sub 30. I have been KO'd by lower levels, but still end up winning with WM in the end.