Why no cosmic chromas on the broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El El, Dec 14, 2020.

1. El El Committed Player

I have been checking the broker for days and there are no cosmic chromas there.How are we suppose to get them if there is no way getting them?Also I open up bunch off booster packs and nothing.
    It is gambling at this point with booster packs.

Mepps you need to come up with better system opening these type of things.After you open up 3 booster gold we should get guaranteed the item you want.

Right now it's gambling come up with something better.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no Cosmic Chroma on the broker because it's going for 1.5 - 2 bil in trade chat. You can't list anything over a bil on the broker.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

I read some comments around here saying things like, "I'll just wait for broker prices to come down," etc. I guess people haven't been paying attention. Some of these items don't go down in price. Quite the opposite.

The best bet for the Cosmic Chroma was to get it early, before we got here. The same situation played out with the Metallic Chroma Reward Box last year, albeit at lower prices. If you do end up seeing a Cosmic in the broker, do not hesitate to buy it, no matter the price. That's just what it is. If you want it, that's the price.
    • Like x 3
  4. Pinky Well-Known Player

That's $75 to $100 per chroma Daybreak is missing out on based on current market prices, if you catch my drift.
    Daybreak is missing out on potential income by not putting these chromas on the marketplace.
    Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

How do you know they're missing out? Many could've very well spent 70 to 100 just trying to get the chroma from the bundle. Those that didn't probably wouldn't have spent that much just to get the chroma to begin with.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Resellers ruining everything. I keep seeing people shouting in trade chat "WTB all Cosmic Chromas 1 bil each." Items need to be tradable only once, then become account bound.
    • Like x 9
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

No way, marketplace items aren't tradeable and nobody would buy a chroma for more than $10. 1 person opening bundles is enough to pay for more than 10 buying a chroma from the marketplace. If Bundles weren`t a success we'd see more marketplace items, yet BB's have been here for like 7 years.
    • Like x 2
  8. Thomas Wayne II New Player

The Owlman has a good friend named Matt who will give you a super price.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

People cried when the Batman Cowl was on the Marketplace for $20 (fully redeemable on all toons in perpetuity). You really think they'd get many sales for an item at $30-100????
    • Like x 4
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They make more money off this system than they would of they added it to the MP. There are a lot more people spending over $100 without getting one, than there are who get lucky with only $20 spent
    • Like x 3
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Anything put in the market place drives in singles and the occasional doubles. Booster boxes, Resurgence capsules and Time capsules are the home runs to grand slams for Team D-Ink.
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

While true, there are also players put there who'd rather stick'em on the broker for a billion minus one dollar for the odd chance of getting scammed in trade, or stiffed in cashapp, venmo paypal etc etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

It would be great is the devs put a cash cap in place on the broker, raised from its current 999,999,999 to 1.5billion or keep it the same for call I care. They completely disable trades. No more paypal, venmo, cashapp transactions. If they ever implement sending items back in through in game mail... nope to sellable items. Broker transactions all the way, if they want to sell whatever hot commodities.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I actually somewhat like this idea ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Gambling is an addiction with a dash of ****** thrown in. Daybreak is feeding off that addiction as people throw hundreds of dollars at these looboxes in hopes of getting something they want or can sell ingame for stupid levels of cash. Of course they've made far more off of that addiction than they would in their current marketplace setup.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i know that the game needs to maintain income but this is the worst timing possible bordering on poor taste.

a lot of people got laid off this week without knowing if they'll be able to get additional unemployment benefits after dealing with six months of nothing but stress and if this keeps up more will follow. if this was on the broker those players who need to hold off on stuff like this could get it later on when things get better. sad that we cant make an exception due to a global pandemic once again disrupting our lives and right before the holidays and new year.

personally stuff like this is a gilded lily.

i've been wanting a "cosmic aura" for years. wasnt hard to get off the broker. shame that it makes my toon look like hes been dunked in a vat of glitter gel. i would have referred something similar to the aura that appears when you pop an nth metal detector or even expanding the sparkle trail to a full bodied aura. that translucent black base should have just been translucent.

for the actual chroma i would need four or five to satisfy my toon ocd. I havent seen it yet or how it channels but chances are its not going to do what I want it to do anyway so i'm just filing this under "pass". i did splurge on a couple of bundles but more because i wanted the goodies more than the materials and auras this time. its going to be a long time before any of the common mats and auras are worth anything on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  17. TomShepard Active Player

Thats why we got to the point where the whole game is a scam.What actually happens here is the poor becomes poorer and the rich keeps on profiting every.Time. Not only prices usually start from 1 bill in broker and now its going over 1.2bill,but the greedy ruined economy who still have 20/30billions from the last money glitch already shouting in trade chat "wtb 2 MORE cosmic chromas" or "wtb ALL cosmic chromas",so ppl who would like to buy it but has like 5-600millions have NO chance to get it.I wanted one,opened 9 and got none.Since my luck is this horrible i got no chance to get it.Not now,even less after the bundle as it will go for like 3 bills...
    So if you dont have money (because you know..2020?lost your job bcf Corona?Something the devs dont care about?) you will not be able to get it.And thats like a good 40% of the population the least,probably more..but its alright because the sharks now buying ALL chromas up they can from their 30billions...
    And this will only gonna get worse and worse as we go on..until the devs finally realise the economy is trash and put a cap on trading and how much money you can have.But that takes a lot of work,sooo..

I really like the idea of that suggestion "fter you open up 3 booster gold we should get guaranteed the item you want.".With tcs the rng can be considered fine as tcs drop for free and if lets say you have like 100 stabs because you can either buy them from mp or you can grind them for months/year then use them whenever u want,so its a different story.When they release stuff for money in mp,it should be guaranteed.Period.This capsule,the way it is now with that "guaranteed" box,is a scam.But if it was guaranteed after opening up few,everyone would have more chance to get it.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the point is that while DBG makes money off the bundles, OTHER people(they rhyme with 'cold spellers') are potentially making money when non gamblers acquire the in game cash to buy them in the broker. You are right however that in the end they make more money off the gamblers than they would if they sold them direct. The one cavaet to look at is that since the booster bundle does come with $5 of replays it does cut into the income from replay sales at least a bit as some people are getting a ton of replays and can then use those resetting others...so they also will buy less replays. Selling the items direct would not impact other sales...like replays or all the vault ticket sales they are missing out on (sarcasm).
    • Like x 1
  19. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Or at least allow the player to put a limit on the resell-ability of an item.
  20. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

They're pricey now in trade chat, but with Christmas coming up, some people get money and then spend it on the game and more people will be opening up Booster Bundles, so the prices will start to go down as supply goes up.