Why isint there a teleporter for every alert?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zylo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Zylo Committed Player

ATM I can go and do ace chem, the armory, Strykers and Arkam alone or with a buddie just by walking into it. I don't have to wait or get worried about getting ninja looted.

So.......why isint there a teleporter for all the other ones? I would really like one for hive moon base.
    • Like x 13
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

People have been asking for this for a long time.
    Hope the devs will listen and take action.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 6
  3. neptunesBeard New Player

Because BatMan said no
  4. Statman New Player

STAR Labs alert bugs me for this reason. It's even there in the open world, and there still isn't a teleporter to get into it, lol.

I do agree everything should have access somewhere in the open world or WT/HoD though, even if it's just a single teleporter which takes you to a list of possible places to teleport to. It doesn't make sense having 30 different teleporters around the WT, the Justice League never had that, they simpy set coordinates for where they wanted to teleport to.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zylo Committed Player

Yeah, like a boat in metro to go to Oolong island. Or a space shuttle to go to hive moon base. The list goes on an on. Can't be that hard to do. It be easy to add the teleporter a in the watchtower but in the hall of doom.....uh hmmmm....
  6. Statman New Player

Definitely great options. Gives use to some of the docks, bridges, etc. The On Duty menu is stupid, lol.
  7. Prestige New Player

I quite like this idea, it would give DCUO the feel of a true MMO, travelling the world to go to a certain mission with your group.

I might make up some maps for possible locations of certain teleporters. There doesn't neccessarily need to be a teleporter for each instance either. Multiple instances could be accessed through the same teleporter... accessing a teleporter would bring up the On Duty menu showing the specific instances that can be accessed via that teleporter.

I like this, time to work on it! :)
  8. Nautical Reggie New Player

I was going to say something completely irrelevant lol but I won't. I agree with what your saying @OP :) hope it gets carried out. Makes the alerts go a bit faster.
  9. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

It's definitely time for this to happen. They all don't have to be in Watchtower and I'm sure the general player base is more than willing to travel to get to it.
  10. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I got feats and styles I rather work for myself and I'm getting tired or doing Ace, Strykers, Armory, and Arkham. I have feats that I need in the DLC1 and I should be able to enter these like I can with the Battle for Earth DLC content.

This also helps give people challenges like solo personal feats. I am one of those people.
  11. Statman New Player

Ah I dunno... people cried to allow us to queue up for solo content coz they didn't like travelling around the world - and the devs changed that up, lol.
  12. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Correct but I'm trying to come up with more "realistic" solutions. As I think it would be more likely for them to put teleporter pads throughout Gotham/Metropolis than to to clutter up the Watchtower/Hall of Doom.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

This would be great. There's quite a few instances that I want to have a crack at soloing but trying to queue in and get others to leave for you (especially when its a pug) just ain't happening (moreso now with deserter).
  14. FrankDma1962 Well-Known Player

If these were "real world "scenarios, those places you named are secured areas. Can't have people teleporting into Arkham or Strykers willy-nilly. And if you watched Justice League Unlimited, you will see that they almost teleport them to where they need to go from where they are to start with. Call the HQ on your comlink and they'll send you to where you almost have to be.
    If you're doing an alert, I've always saved getting the briefs & investigations until after the alert was done. Then I go around looking for them and any other thing that pops up to fill a collection. Usually people bail as soon as they got the alert done so most of the time there is just you and maybe someone else running around looking around. You don't get kicked out when everyone is gone so explore to your leisure, save collection stuff to trade or give to other characters and fight any leftover opponents in that area.
  15. Infinitox Active Player

I support the idea for extra portals or even just being able to force a two or three man group into an alert from the On Duty menu. I prefer to only play with three of my friends and we're not always all four online at the same time. Don't like waiting for a random fourth person especially on alerts where three (or two, even) is more than enough.
  16. Statman New Player

Ooh... please do!
  17. Owl Devoted Player

I would like Teleporters to all of the existing Alerts.
  18. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

Link or it didn't happen.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

At SOE Live, the devs said they are looking into creating an updated On Duty option that allows you to low man anything you can queue up for. They never said how long it will be or if it will ever get implimented, but they did say it.

I just hope they don't remove the ones already existing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Durfio New Player

I have always wished there were access to almost all the instances from the open world. I also like the idea of a teleportation chamber with access to known areas. But particularly I miss the challenges being accessible from open world instances and I always felt the duos should be accessible as well from the open world. The boat idea and space shuttle above aren't bad ideas, but I can see Kahndaq, Area 51, Hive base, etc.... staying with teleporter access. I mean, it fits the game context perfectly.

Having access to instances from the open world instead of On Duty menu though promotes more activity and interaction particularly on the PvP servers. Something I really really really wish the devs would've done differently is allow for a dedicated pvp server (hardcore mode). Keep the pvp/pve phase shifter, but have a hardcore pvp server for players who want to grind through leveling up in a hostile environment. No pvp/pve gear, just one set of gear. And if you're worried about getting gear by side stepping the system stacking up marks with pve operations, it's easy to solve. Just make a 3-5 hero/villain bounty part of operations. So before or after the alert you need to stack a body count before you get your mission reward.