Why Is This The Only Forum/Website That...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

Logs me out if I walk outside of my office. It's only 15 feet away!

Been driving me nuts for 2+ years!!!

:mad:
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

I think it's a truly remarkable and revolutionary feat that the forum is able to track your geographical position with such great accuracy.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 8
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

Whoah, I never heard of this happening. All I can think of is, you're actually a forum moderator, and the thing is set up to punish you for abandoning your post?
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Weren't you looking for a reason to quit ;) ?

:D
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

If you switch devices then it will make your relog in. Otherwise I can be on the same device and I stay logged in.
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Interesting ... I did not know this ...
    Great information ...:rolleyes:
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Are you on your works wifi? If you change wifI it will log you out. My clash of clans game works the same way.
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

If I lose internet connection, when I come back I'm logged out.
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

If you switch internet hotspots then you need to relog. Drives me nuts too.
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

Ok. Must be internet related somehow.

My office is right near the front door, and everytime I go outside for a smoke, I get logged out.

This is the ONLY website, or app (like Grinder), that does this.

(Wait, what?)
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

Are you on a phone or a laptop/tablet?

If a phone and not using your own data your "reception" can be interrupted when going outside the building due to the router's weak signal.
    Same for your laptop/tablet.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

The forums log you out if you close your browser. It will also log you out if you switch from Data to Wifi and vice versa.

I really wish it would remember login info via cookies properly, like every other website.
    • Like x 1
  13. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Any change of IP or allowing the cookies to expire.

IIRC this was in response to a forum hack and they tightened up security, a lot.

Not a bad thing.
  14. Backseid Devoted Player

Phone.

Seriously, this is the only online, whatever, that has this issue.

I remember that. All those Chinese threads.

But I imagine many websites have to protect themselves from that nonsense.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

On my phone if I go from WiFi to LTE it'll log me out. Or if I lose signal and get it back it'll log me out.
    • Like x 1
  16. jwdrinkwaterjr Active Player

It's because we're AWESOME!
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I am being booted all the time. Sometimes within a second.

It is probably facebook.
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

It's not your phone if you are using your own data plan unless for some odd reason the phone is losing reception when going through the metal framing of the door.

The security issues stated above could very well be the issue if the phone does lose reception even for half a second, while the phone looks connected the IP addy did change, that's the joy of dynamic IP over static IP.

BUT, yeah there's always a but for this stuff, you might want to revisit this page,

https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/authenticator/manage!input.action
    • Like x 1