Why is this community so bad?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rashadjc, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashadjc New Player

Just about every time I come to the forums to see what's new with DCUO (And to check if the GUI Update has been added yet) I always see complaining. It pushes me away from the forums and the game itself. Then I wait a couple months and the process repeats. I don't understand why everyone complains so much (They're all for different reasons) so can someone kindly explain to me why this only happens in this community and not others such as (SWTOR and DayZ)?
  2. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Because if you are happy about something you dont go to the forum to complain.

It happen with all games. You are being very naive if you think its only this game.
    • Like x 8
  3. Im Charlie New Player

League of legends is one of THE most played games currently. go look at their forums.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's an mmo. It's pretty similar across a lot of them actually.

No matter what the developers do people are always going to be complaining. People were complaining about the intentions of game update 36, which was to help bring all the powers closer to balance. But according to some people if we wanted to match their numbers everyone else should just buy a respec token.

Welcome to dcuo, home of the perpetually falling sky.
    • Like x 7
  5. Black House New Player

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644841

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/189797-server-********/
    Perhaps you only see what you want to see,
  6. Poo New Player

Every game forum is just like this. And, SWtOR? You must have just started playing it and have never been to the forums. That game needs to shut down ASAP and let someone else use the best IP on the planet!

- Says a SWG refugee that is still a bit butt-hurt :p
    • Like x 3
  7. Poo New Player

8. BumblingB I got better.

PS3
    • Like x 4
  9. Ice Lantern New Player

Part of it is that there are too very different crowds of people with very different ideas as to how the game should be. It's very difficult to satisfy both crowds. Another is that there are things that are simply fundamentally wrong with this game as well as the fact that it is being held back by developer budget/competency and hardware limitations.
  10. Poo New Player

Actually, that should have been my answer as well...

PS3 = more children = poor community (yes, I am generalizing)

A PC only game forum may be a bit better... but, I have been in here too long to remember ;)
  11. Little Sister New Player

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Family Guy's "Why did all the dinosaurs die ?"
    • Like x 3
  12. Black House New Player

Because raid design stopped just after league of asassins, because "burn baby BURN" is an actual design phlisophy along with "make it harder", because so much of the feedback from trusted players on the PC is vapid and pointless and because re-using assets helps to save the planet we all love...

and PS3
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

That was a response to your game comparison.

A response to OP would be because people have tiny ep eens and they make themselves feel bigger by measuring them with each other.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Because of Playstation players.

While we make up a majority of the population, most players are severely uninformed about most things. I play on the PS4 so ive seen it first hand, that a ton of our playerbase is a bunch of immature kids who are not interested in learning about game mechanics or how things work.

There are a few that can actually make an informed opinion and broadcast it without sounding like your generic COD player, however they are few and far between. The fact is that console players, as a whole, dont know how to act as a part of an MMO community. If they see something they dont like they yell "BAD" and "NERF" without reasoning behind it.

Its something we couldnt really pay attention to on the old forums because our side was full of immature people who had never tested anything before, but after we merged it became more and more apparent. I at least try to have an informed opinion before I post based on my own findings or what others have relayed back to me, but for the most part, players on the Playstation dont.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black House New Player

Actually I would say that the test server feedback for the most part, (there are notable exceptions) pretty much proves the opposite and
    some of the most entitled and self obsessed posts on these forums comes from players who play on the PC.

Lets not forget that on being asked to give feedback on the Nexus raid during it's exclusive reveal the leader of a very high profile PC league could only muster, "the adds could hit harder"
  18. SKAVANGER408 New Player

This community is fine. Is it because no one agreed with you in your previous thread?
    • Like x 2
  19. Tre Day New Player

If I have to point at one thing as to why the community is 'bad', it's the one thing that permeates every game, and sometimes life in general:

Ego.

It's why some players ask for nerfs and buffs to powers when these powers are being used in group content with group concepts not intended for said content. I'm not saying that some powers do need fixing, but testing these powers with equal distribution of roles would greatly help in establishing a better foundation to do whatever tweaking that needs to be done. Complaints that come from people about their power because they can't solo-role in a raid or because they end up 3rd in DPS in a raid intended for only 2 pretty much puts a damper on the validity of these complaints...or at least it should.

These unbalanced group concepts should be an exception instead of the rule when it comes to gauging any power's effectiveness and what tweaks can be done to make it viable in all content. I honestly doubt any of this happening but, I'm human, so there's that darn 'faith' floating around in my head like a gnat holding out for rationality. So...yay for that. :p
    • Like x 1
  20. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Don't forget about DOTA. Those two games have the worse community of all games. If you mess up be ready to get screamed at or destroyed in the chat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.