Why is the updated booster gold vendor so weird with the prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Siramez Well-Known Player

Bio mat - 2400 quarks
    Power of Zeus eyes - 6300 quarks
    Winged of hermes - 1700 quarks
    Bubbles movement - 5300 quarks

this is the same situation as aura variants being expensive with replay badges for style unlocking.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Agreed, though I have all of these, It is nearly impossible to get them for alts, they are quite expensive.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I've never seen something for 6,300 quarks that seems ridiculous - isn't that the ultra rare drop, I don't remember the others costing that, but I don't generally look at them.

Those other prices seem consistent with other similar time capsule content on there.

I agree though the modular auras are absolutely absurd and more generally speaking the entire quark vendor could do with some reductions, because quarks are not super easy to get, you're either getting them through payment or you're slowly building them.

The pricing for everything, could be far more reasonable
    • Like x 7
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I agree, the prices are just too much and inconsistent. Same for style unlocking too.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The prices are based on rarity. The Power of Zeus Eyes was an ultra rare drop. The collections for the Wings of Hermes accessory was not.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

As TheLorax said, the pricing is based on its Rarity so those who purchased TCs wouldnt see them on the Booster GOld vendor and feel cheated.

Now that being said, prices are too damn high and I still recommend selling Quarks directly on the MP (REMOVE THE SOURCE MARKS) and let us spend crazy. Let Quarks be that secondary weird currency for items like this. Im not exchanging my Source Marks for Quarks cause the Ratio is terrible. Bring life to the MP with Quarks then use them on Booster Gold. Certainly would feel better spending 20 bucks there than on Artifact stuff and feel icky about it later.
    • Like x 6
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You can consistently farm 60 marks per hour in solo, thus devoting an hour a day you can easily buy Power of Zeus eyes in a year, if you are not too lazy and give all 4 hours to this business, then you will manage for the season, if you take this into account as a full-fledged job, you will manage in a month and a half, but being distracted only by sleep and food, you will manage in 3 weeks ... you are just lazy .... if someone did not understand it was sarcasm ....:p
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Siramez Well-Known Player

i always view materials and auras as more "value" compared to smaller styles like eyes and movement (think of auras/mat being bigger and more visible and eyes/movement etc being smaller and less visible), so thats why i was confused with the pricing of these items.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

This actually is not a bad idea and it would be a roundabout way of allowing players to purchase the styles they want, just need to wait until it hits the Booster Gold vendor. It would appease the I want it now people as well as remove the RNG on them with time. IE, easier down the road to get.
    • Like x 5
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

At this rate, the Black/White Neon Chroma Box will cost 7300 Quarks once it retires next year.
  12. Siramez Well-Known Player

then other item for 8300 quarks in 2 years...
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

I just died LOL
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The Power of Zeus Eyes - 6,350 Quarks
    Kryptonite Aura - 5,129

The prices are based on rarity, but both those items are ultra rare drops and the prices are not the same, so yes, there actually is a pricing problem with the Zeus Eyes regardless of any other pricing complaints.

They have with this update, categorically jacked up the prices of "ultra rare drops" with no discernible reason other than, "we want players to pay more".

I guess the quark vendor is running 7-8% inflation along with the real world now...
    • Like x 4
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The thing I wanna know is why the Cursed Gotham TC modular auras are 5k quarks A PIECE. The Green Doomed modular auras (which didn't even come in the capsule/ never made it in there/ was forgotten about) appeared in the vendor to my surprise at 5129 quarks EACH to be exact. This trend also follows for the other modular auras that DID make it into the capsule such as: Red Doomed, Blue Mystic, Purple Blighted, and Red Kryptonite. The person who decided those prices is insane as the FULL VERSION auras of those types are ALSO set at 5129 quarks each. Geez, please double check prices, so you don't piss off your remaining customers.
    • Like x 2
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yo Mepps, send this up to the team and have it looked at. A green doomed head aura only for 5k+ quarks is whack and ya know it. What gives my guy. Why are they like that?
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I understand they were both the ultra rare for their respective capsules but if they're drop rates are not identical, numerically, that could account for the price disparity.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That I can agree is priced horrifically.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps, but as a player I'm not concerned with that, it's either ultra rare or its not and as far as the vendor appears, that's how its based, they might use that logic internally, but as a player I'm looking for consistency, drop rates are irrelevant in that respect.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Isn't the "Second Chance" (Booster Gold) Vendor exclusively for TC stuff? If so, you're not going to ever see anything that wasn't in a TC/Reward for a TC Collection on there.