Why is pvp in such a limbo state its been years?ideas to balance the brokeness. Get this heard

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Reaperx, May 4, 2020.

1. Reaperx New Player

Im a xbox player
    To be honest ive pretty much seen it all from posts after post and the pve players are like when are these people are gonna allow pvp to die? I dont think any person who actually enjoyed this games pvp to really allow it to die. This game isnt warframe, you can just sweep it under the rug or leave it to rot its like part of it yin and the yang its supposed to be there but problem is why is it such ghost state.

Like i saw the population chart for this game it litteraly fluctuations but eu and us in general is medium. Weirdly wouldnt show my the playstation population but funny thing is right now all the consoles are most likely low but what i heard maybe xbox as off now has more of a population then pc. maybe since for weird reasons i have gotten 4v4 ques rarely maybe few times if lucky during a day but never full scale. I have seen post and heard mixed reasons or why some people said something about with mepps and why he never does it. Keep in mind please to god dont be toxic. i just want a idea or something of why and maybe some actual good reasons not money rise cause come on this longest years youd think with all these squeakers on xbox spending money to look at batman all the time.

We would have them some where to take a risk. I played pvp its toxic, its the most toxic thing ive ever jumped into cause everyone is a cheap troll with a cheap rotation. who is a 1 trick sheep who went on the internet with a guide to be unskilled garbage at the game which is so annoying for the paid locked behind abilitys they have a crap ton abilitys compared to the free one and your telling me you cant be original and use different moves instead of spamming thay 1 thing over and over again?

Abilitys that need to be nerfed

Starting off with atomics keep in mind it wont make them useless i thought of a way it could fix this annoying bull with most of the powers. Atomic isnt counterable right? So why wont they make there abilitys risk use move so they cant spam it and switch there rotation?
    Say the most strong move doing the damage and the heals are stunnable so people who SPAM abilitys. Can actualy have some brain cells and press the attack button and make them use a bit more power or just nerf the tank stat side so its balance either way i know for sure being able to knock them out there rotation would fix there immortality problems. Mental for godsakes why is there stealth have i frames?
    If a gadget like me goes into it i get back handedout of it instantly.
    Mental JOHN CENNNAAA! Gets put to sleep despite attack at them and instantly stun locked and near killed i think they should nerf mental stealth damage to what gadgets do in there stealth damage or better yet increase there stealth cooldown and make it use just a bit more power? Plus another nerf needs to be reflect pain they should just overall reduce the damage it does to amount a aoe does for each damage or rework it to be like thorns so it just does tick damage either way its better then have a mental troll spam reflect pain with shield making me do a chunk of my health of each hit.

If you didnt know im a gadget precision user and its a nightmare since trash who either has bad wifi or abuse the clip to break out certain moves that should force you to stay in them like the flight acrobatic move. Did i also say no risk with abilitys so they will spam block if there actualy unable to spam abilitys on you with no problem.
    Another power that needs a nerf is just dog form for nature it overall stupid that i play xbox and virtualy no one uses the other forms pvp or pve wise.

A way to fix this stupid problem force them to choose basically make each them be a jack of trades in its on way make them weak in certain aspects like dog form crowd control. Make the dog weak but make him strong in numbers make him do quick dps and weaken the heals heavily. Fix the block animation for god sakes i have to be so sweaty to see the pattern just make the dog curl up to block so its actually counterable.

Apeform should litterly just be strong base and make him burn mana or better yet make using any of the forms burn mana and if your mana hits zero you get knocked out the form. So nature can actualy rely on the abilitys and options and not that one form and for bug form would just be ability base or a zoner type form.

Gadgets simply nerf the tazer cooldown a little bit and make it use maybe a little bit more mana or just let the cooldown stay and increase the power usuage. Landmine nerf give it a actual health bar so people in zones cant camp it and cant rely on the move to cheese others and if people want them to step on it use the PULL abilitys.

Rage and lanters quite simple make there moves vulnerable to block like all the legends have cause it makes no sense why the hell they havent made there combo ability spam vulnerable to blocks and i mean moves like the claw not the start but the combo it self and the mace basicly any move similiar to a heavy so people have to be good at the game and use it risely same with lanterns. Also please dont say this would make them weak in pve and keeo in mind most bosses ive fought that have blocked my heavys dont even stun me most of the time youd just have to stop spamming and know how to use the ability.

Celestial same thing make parts of thete abilitys vulnerable to heavys.

Make controller debuffs actually good in the game.
    Buff death stroke for godsake his damage just by using regular hits are crap bane and the others have better damage then this and death stroke is predictable his only good moves is the sword and the smokebomb and maybe stealth if you can pull off and you know what makes deathstroke more crap? He burns out to quickly and you end up getting clapped everytime. Buff his sniper rifle to do heavy amount of damage like seriously its a sniper rifle and has a very long windup it should be his heavy hitter.

Plus i notice that most paid powers have combos so like it just seems so simple why they didnt just do this idea so they arent cancer to deal with. Water i just think they need a healing reduction the only people that should be giving some god heals is healer sure stats should help but it shouldnt be this helpfule if your a dps it should be decent enough to get a clutch if lucky.

Shield nerf make shields more vulnerable on being downed or guard broked or interupted so people like TANKS can hide behind 1000 shields.

Munitions since i barely bump into them that much in pvp i cant reallly touch on them that much especialy ice and fire down to magic.

Earth i dont see them as broken i just see there tankyness along with damage stupid make there companion a little squishier. Tbh all minions should be a LITTLE weaker then the master we all know this know minion should be giving you that much tankyness.
    Also for pvp just add cool armor sets to it like styles that type of stuff and im not asking full commentment to pvp just some type of fix and if you keep in mind its not gonna really hurt pve heavily since when im ON dc everyones in metropolis as a zombie and flex there high sp and beating low lvls bein toxic like eso community when they get op.

The overall state for pve is dead in raids heavy leaving a giant struggle to find game beyond worse if your a low lvl or villan cause your gonna be sitting there dieng from starvation wondering where is my que to the conclusion saying man this games trash its dead and uninstalling. But what i notice are some people coming back to the game to see the overall state of it and its kinda like having strokes and coming to the hospital to the thing sometimes goood sometimes on the hospital bed dcuo is litterly a elderly.

This is the best i can come up with but dcuo dev need to take a risk this state of the game. No new powers? No pvp fixes? No batgirl clothes? Plus how long has this game existed and idk when the revamp came maybe like 2018 or 2017?
    So like 3 or 2 years and we are in 2020 and they think this is cool? I get it its a old game and ive hear that they dont litsen to feed back tbh. i think they should have nerf polls and the best balance ideas in the post should get brought to light and the most voted would get added in.
    If i missed something tell me sorry if this whole thread is a mouth full and i know im destined to get a unhappy customer who disagrees. but seriously why should the dev care this heavily on what get nerfed? most of the people ive seen are basicly sweaty elitist that say this game trash but its like a abusive relationship they abuse it cause they can and if they cant be toxic they cry about it.

Im not bad at the game cause i cant countered i litteraly am a very adaptive person ive tryed every type of method exceot stooping to there lvl and being toxic with landmines for dubs. You cant be like this forever this game has been through its time for years dont you think the hame deserve some type of improvements to sides thats been shafted for so long? I definitly wont be the last thread it will never end but why should we have to give up?

Just like people like pve theres people who like pvp keep in mind in this games state pve is still stronger but at most instances pvp is still active and i see alot of 1v1s and 2v2 4v4 are rare and the bigger ones are impossoble bit heck raides are to so whats holding them back so very hard you might as well do whatever it takes to make the game great again. Theres no point in trying to stall or ignore it ive seen older games have a better state then this and at the very least they went back on there mistakes and tryed to fix it.
  2. Reaperx New Player

Plus they need to fix the trash spawn system 10 seconds but this kid died 5 times until he came back and won cause quantum spam. Best way to nerf quantum nerf the synergy of the ball drop and thr black hhole they use cause if they get you knocked your dead
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Well, to start with, the reason why PvP is in limbo is because of low player involvement. SOE/Daybreak/Dimensional Ink for years have told us that PvP was only being used by a very small minority of the playerbase. They made a full PvP Episode (Last Laugh) and it bombed so hard that they had to give most of it away for free, because charging players for PvP maps that literally would never pop because nobody else owned them was a huge area of contention. If nobody plays it, then they will not spend their development budget working on it, when those resources could otherwise be allocated to other areas of the game that players actually use. This is not a criticism of PvP; this is just a relay of how the Development Team has explained it. It's like ordering a Pizza; when you've only got enough money for one pizza, you're going to go with the toppings that everyone in the family likes instead of getting a whole pizza that only one person will eat.

That's the reason why it's in Limbo, why it's not seeing any work being done on them. Not enough people use it. It doesn't bring in players or make money. Additionally, they have done several different iterations of PvP, with some pretty massive overhauls, and every single time the player response seems to include a largely vocal portion who immediately complain and claim that the old way was better and they hate the changes. Spending a bunch of time and money to work on something, and then have it not make you any money but also get you the headache of listening to a bunch more complaining, certainly doesn't motivate well that they should continue in that work.

Now, in my opinion and based upon my observations, the only way that PvP is going to get any significant attention is if people actually start playing it. And, balance-schmalance, completely broken terrible PvP has still had more player participation than what we are seeing today. If you look at the times when PvP goes through a boom, and the times when it goes through a lull, it has very little to do with balancing passes; they barely make a blip on the radar. Fixing the broken Batman/Robin Legends blockbreakers did not suddenly cause a huge upswell of Legends matches. People weren't skipping out on PvP just because they were waiting for a fix. And similarly, plenty of people will play in it even if they know that it's broken and terrible. Balance is not the issue.

This is an MMO. The whole game is built on progression. The problem with PvP, the reason why so few people play it, is because we haven't had a new suit of PvP gear in over 3 years so players have capped gear, capped Marks, and get no rewards for playing anymore. Think about this in broader strokes. How many players go back to do Khandaq or Batcave or Paradox Wave? Look at how empty the open world is. Heck, look at how hard it is to put together a bounty group for something like Starro, that should be easy because we've outleveled him so badly. Players rarely do things that do not have any further rewards. That's not a PvP problem or a PvE problem; that's a Player thing. If you get all the stuff that you need from somewhere, then it is going to be very, very rare that most people will go back and do it again 'just for fun'. PvP is dead because there is no gear progression. Because the players who were willing to queue up and do it, don't have a reason to anymore. There is no incentive that makes it worth dealing with the headache of whatever flavor-of-the-month complaint is going on.

We need the CR102 PvP suit. If they introduce that, players will queue up again in significant numbers. Instantly, people will want to grind it, because there's a reward again. Then, when the players are actually using PvP, so we can get some real data instead of the very sparse 1v1s and 2v2s that we're getting now, we could start to see some balancing passes. But it only going to get more attention once people are actually using it, and people are only going to use it if there are rewards again.

You can make any complaint about PvP in the world. None of them are going to improve participation, just like fixing the Batman blockbreaker didn't, until we have PvP rewards again. We need at least 1 new suit per year. Honestly we should have a new suit every six months if they really wanted PvP to be healthy, but let's not be unrealistic and ask for too much.
  4. Reaperx New Player

Im glad to hear why cause ive been pretty much been left in the dark so id usually look through old posts and new ones. The usual is trolls i think forums should be more like this understanding and help and good ideas to help get this game even if itd a little push back on track it really does suck to see this game in this state and if having new pvp armor or something else is good enough for me to see improvements to it. I do think the devs should do something doe even if its just making a tiny bit of something like pvp armor. Plus i could see that but i dont think they should worry about complaining that bad unless theres a really good explaination for it. But i really do like pvp i play it i see some people in metropolis fighting with pvp toggled. What sucks about this is my favorite map is Gotham and i really dont see much action there or at my lvl unless its rare instances in ringwar. I do hope to get a devs attention doe as long as everyone can agree on something and have a common ground i think the community should just come together and try to get some sort of push for something. Cause we havent really got new content like powers at all i dont even know when we got our last new power cause i was in and out through dcuo through this time so i wouldnt really know.
  5. Reaperx New Player

Plus its 2020 as well i do think now would be a good time for something atleast. Another thing is which is sad is that the youtubers who been playing this game protecting it the loyal veterans who most likely touches this since the beggining has given up on the game cause of the specific things you said.
    • Like x 1