Why i don't play pvp anymore

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by thedemonocus, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

You know what? If you weren't ready for such a level of discussion with this kind of criticism to follow, you should've never opened up such a thread. I'm not here to shutdown your idea as I had already expressed that I am open to such an idea only if it's done the right way. My problem is the reason behind your approach, as you're continuously ignoring the important questions.

Did you want to discuss, yes or no? If so, then let's discuss and help to find the REAL solution to the problem. But, you don't want to listen to anybody, as everything you say clearly shows you're only about yourself. You questioning about need for gear advantage is proof of that, as I've already stated that was NOT the point.

We're talking about something that alters a system we've been used to for 9 years. A change that's for one, risky. WHY would we truly have them take this direction? HOW can such a change be made to work in favor for EVERYBODY? You have to put such aspects into perspective, which you're not doing at all.

And, if you don't really care all that much, why bother to speak on it? I care, that's why I spoke on it. How do you even think you're really speaking for all of us as a whole? But, if you're "tired of writing essays," that's fine. I have no problem discontinuing talking to a wall whose only case for such change derives from a weak sore loser mentality.
    • Like x 1
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Now your trying to put words in my mouth. Yes we are talking about system thats been in place for 9 years and guess what its been broken for 9 years as well,clearly the current pvp system is not working so why would you want to stay with a system thats not working?
    Its 1 thing to have a simple discussion on a topic its another thing to turn into some kind of battle like you are trying to do. No i don't care that much for pvp mostly because its broken and not much fun but that does not mean i would not like to see it fixed down the road,i mean if it were actually fun and you could get fair fights i would play it again but in its current state i'm not that interested in it so i'm quite happy with just playing pve.
    Its quite simple i had a few ideas that might help fix pvp and thought hey why not share them and see what others add to them it might be a fun topic but then you come along and try to start a fight with me and twist my words to try and make it like i have some grand solution to fix pvp and i was out to take something away from you so you keep writing these long posts full of miss quotes and false accusations and then when i try to put it to rest here you are again misquoting me and making more false accusations. This has been going on for days now and i'm simply getting tired of responding to your crap and correcting you.

The bottom line is this the pvp gear system is not working and we have 9 years of proof of that fact,thats not the only thing wrong with pvp but its a good place to start. Other things that need fixing are the unbalanced roles in pvp and the hacking. 1 idea that might fix that is to make pvp dps only and the hacking i'm not sure can be stopped so i have no ideas on that. This is all i'm saying now if you have better ideas feel free to post them cause that's what this thread was started for. I don't know how to make this any more clear for you. Quite frankly i'm starting to think you are just a troll.
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

No one is trying to put words in your mouth, no one is trying to start a fight with you. I mean, when you say things like "I'm tired of writing essays back and forth with you," what kind of reaction do you really expect? Because what you're doing now is simply weak. I'm reading all of this from you and you're still not listening. Every statement you're making here is evasive of the real questions that need answers in this matter. You ignoring the real issues helps nothing in terms of what should be done to fix PVP.

How do you really expect to bring up such a topic to not be followed by criticism? Your inability to take such criticism only proves my earlier point of you that you're only about yourself in this matter. With a change like this that changes the course of everything, as I will stress once again, you have to think of the effect towards EVERYONE. Especially, when the majority would be on the side of disagreement. Yet, I already told you I'm on the fence about this. AGAIN, I am open to your idea, as it's something I've pondered myself. I'm not your enemy here, I'm not against you. But, I'm aware of the concerns and precautions that would have to be taken if such were to be set in place. REALIZE THE RISK!

This point you keep making about the gear system not working is entirely false. I've already explained to you that gear no longer holds the same weight as it used to from way back. Minimized stats brought balance among tiers, skill of lower tiers now have bearing. You're able to see that when a lower tier can be regularly victorious against someone of a higher tier. That can be witnessed in both Duel and Arena settings. Those are the kind of factors that debunk everything you're saying. So, you haven't corrected a thing. You have been entirely WRONG. Gear is on the minor end of the spectrum for PVP's actual problems.

And, I'll tell you what's crap. This attitude you're having now attempting to be condescending. Calling me a troll? Did you not read where I said "I care, that's why I spoke on it?" That is the sole reason why I am in this thread because I want PVP fixed just as bad as the next man who is an actual part of our PVP community; maybe even more. But, it would have to be gone about the RIGHT way. And, if the DEVS were to do this based on your reasoning alone, it would cause more harm than good. What's CLEAR, is you're not thinking about that at all. Something you can't ignore.

You said that you've played PVP in this game. But, did you really PVP? I don't think you did. It just sounds like you took more time in making excuses for your losses, instead of learning from them to develop your skills. When you have many players who were able to overcome such obstacles, the ones you've continuously made excuses for, it's hard to take that into account. The kind of thing you're asking takes away from what partly makes an MMO what it is. And, I would HATE if such a change was made for a player like you, as you don't speak for the majority.

I think Brit said it best when she mentioned how MMO's lean on a progression factor. That's why I asked you to compare and contrast other MMO's that follow the same kind of gear system, which could possibly have a more balanced PVP system, and to explain why it works in that game. But, nope, you could only mention the Street Fighters, Tekkens, and Mortal Kombats. Games that have a common, but entirely different design from the typical MMO formula that exists within DCUO. You still haven't answered the question of why DCUO should be exempt. If you don't know, I understand why.

Maybe PVP within MMOs isn't exactly for you. Since you seem to like games in the Fighting category so much, maybe you should stick to those. If you stick around DCUO, though, Legends is the closest thing you'll ever get to that. At least you have something in your favor; there's some fun. Something for everybody, right? Right.

And, I already gave you a few "better" ideas. Scroll back and read my "long posts" again.
    • Like x 2
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

See how long your post is thats what i'm talking about when i say throwing essays back and forth and so far in past post you have called me a sore loser for disagreeing about gear with you and you said i was too lazy to grind pvp for the gear even though i did and thats just some of it ,you are clearly trying to pick a fight with me. also at no point ever claimed to speak for the majority of players that another lie. All i am realy saying is pvp gear progressing is not working and we have 9 years of proof of that fact. Just because this is an mmo does not mean pvp has to suck and be full of 1 sided fights. Now i am done with you so enjoy being on my ignore list and go troll someone else.
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Yep, I know. All you have done was repeat yourself because you have no clear understanding of the core issues or even how to approach this matter. And, as a result of that, your cases are filled with poor reasoning. If you want to continuously be closed-minded to the core issues and key factors of what's truly hurting PVP currently, that's on you. Mind you, it's the kind of attitude that's of no help to our PVP community at all. I'm here to help find a true resolution to restore PVP, explained that I'm not against you, and you still have the audacity to call me a troll. For you to do that, is a great showing of your maturity. But, if this is where we're really at, I no longer care. I get it, I'm talking to a wall who's only about himself, throws fits if he doesn't get his way, and has no room for COMPROMISE. Talk about "1 sided," pffft.
    • Like x 1
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If you want balanced stats, play legends. You can grind marks from legends and then get the higher tier pvp sets
  7. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Maybe off topic of the direction the current direction of this thread, but this is why I personally don't play PVP anymore. I used to play alot, then moved away from it for a while and then tried to jump back in about a year ago. What I found was misery. First of all, about 80% of the folks in there were using builds based on exploits. So I tried my own: being munitions, I did the "5 shield" load out or whatever it was. Which led to me participating in incredibly long, boring stupid matches with people using dog form and such. Yuck, no thank you. Also, the other thing I found annoying were the folks who refused to just take the win. You know, the folks who thoroughly kick your a%% 5 times in a row and refuse to stand on the circle and get the match over with? I think a concede option after the first 5 minutes, or a difference of 10 deaths, or something along those lines would be a welcome addition.
    • Like x 2
  8. Brit Loyal Player

The griefers is something I've seen as well, and it is frustrating. Especially in 1v1s, the better player is going to win. Run to the circle, fight, one player wins. You might be able to occasionally get a different result if you can race back before they've fully healed, but by the end, it's the same characters with the same stats and the same powers being used by the same player: there are no variables, so the results will be the same. I know within 1 minute who is going to win a 1v1, and while they doesn't mean that I quit in the case of facing someone better than me, it does frustrate me to no end when they try to intentionally drag out the match to the 15 minute limit just to be annoying.

Even with the deserter flag, I can run an average of 3 matches during those 15 minutes, so if my opponent beats me in the fights, but won't stand on the circle, I just put them on /ignore and then I drop the match. PvP in it's current, unbalanced state is not super fun, so if my opponent also wants to mess with my rewards farm, it totally stops being worth it to even try.
    • Like x 1