Why Hasn't this been addressed yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Landitt, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landitt New Player

Why was the Last Laugh removed from the anniversary bracket after it beat long live the legion fair and square? I know it isn't that big of a deal but if things like are done in something that was meant to be for "fun" then I can't trust the Devs when a DLC or a Time Capsule is released.
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If the Last Laugh win was more the result of vote spam than anything else, there might be a question of how much of a "fair and square" win it actually was.

Considering Last Laugh wasn't all that well received when it first came out (they never did another PvP-centric episode after all), there's a decent chance folks spammed that choice to complain about their dissatisfaction with elements of Legion (bounties in particular).
  3. Landitt New Player

So? It's not like Legion's going to win the next round its going to be in anyway. You could put it up against any DLC and it would almost definitely lose. The new rewards being kind of underwhelming doesn't help their case either and it's obvious that Last Laugh would've lost the next round too so what was the point? Or are they afraid people will use the last laugh dlc as a pawn to ask for more PvP content and fixes since that's definitely not something people have been begging for years
  4. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I personally hated the last laugh and I’m a PVP guy lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It was likely removed bc the support for it was obviously artificially inflated. I say obviously because the sales data reflects a lack of support for it, so suddenly seeing it beat every DLC that outsold it is incredibly suspicious. Gaming the system to get the PVP DLC prominence, as a way of manipulating support for PVP, got it disqualified.
    • Like x 1
  6. Landitt New Player

What are you even talking about? Disqualified? As if this is some kind of competition with strict rules. The only DLC Last Laugh beat was LLG and its quite obvious that it would've almost definitely have lost the next round it was in. And you could say that about the other DLCs as well. Why do you think the Lantern DLC is beating the Amazon DLC? It's because people prefer lanterns over Amazon not because they actually enjoyed the content. Let people vote for what they want to vote for even if it has alterior motives.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Might want to be careful there, real life political discussions tend to be frowned upon around these parts. Even hinting at that kind of stuff can be risky.

They set up things up. That bracket system and voting is basically their own extra little game, so if they suspect some hanky-panky or shenanigans in the voting they are well within their rights to make a judgement call and potentially disqualify a vote result.

There's also the detail that it was done in the spirit of fun and celebration for the ten year anniversary of the game, so if you've got a situation where some cranky folks spam vote one episode simply (or only) because they are EXTRA cranky over the content in the other episode in the voting contest then it kind of takes away from the spirit of fun. The words "petty," "spiteful" and "childish" come to mind when it comes to that kind of behavior.
    • Like x 3
  8. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

So are they doing this with every dlc that wins that they don't agree with or just this one, maybe instead of altering the votes they open up dialog to see what drives the community to vote for a dlc that people say was widely hated. If Origin Crisis wins is it because someone made a video talking about why they deem it was the best dlc or because the community just felt that was?
    And if this was really for fun why not just leave it as is and let the community have fun voting for what they feel is the best.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If you want to make it about the merits of the episode then let it stand or fall on those merits. But if spam voting to "send a message" (or whatever other reason one might have) pretty much removes the chance to actually make a judgement on the merits.

As for PvP attention, I'll repeat what I've said many times before: the best chances for PvP to get the attention that folks feel it deserves is to get everyone on the same page. Get a consensus in the PvP community and present what's wanted/needed/hoped for to the devs, keeping in mind that the devs will have their own views as well.

It'd definitely be more productive than vote spamming the only PvP episode (which came pretty early in the lifespan of the game) in a bracket system meant to celebrate the ten year anniversary of the game.
    • Like x 2
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I voted against it at least 3 times.

It's not a real world election of some kind. This is a poll, basically, held by a private company and they don't owe fans any recourse. If fans try to game the vote, they're well within their right to disqualify it and not explain a thing to anyone. Players manipulated the outcome and got their choice disqualified. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not fair to fans who are legitimately voting for their selections to have theirs knocked out be an artificially propped up choice.
    • Like x 4
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It wasn't great from them unless there is evidence of fraud. Indeed no1 voted for the last laugh because they liked it, but because they wanted to send a message about either PvP or Legion being the worse, but it's still people's opnion.

When legion faces AOJ it's going to be hardcore steamrolled anyway, it makes no sense to try and hide legion's bad acceptance along the DCUO twitter community.
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

So wait if it lost it would have been fine even though you just admitted to spam voting against it. But when (you assume, no one can be sure, many people voted for it fairly) people spam vote for it suddenly you wanna talk about fair. Sheesh brown nosers these days, that’s a whole different level of cognitive dissonance
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Where's all the comparisons to Legion coming from? Last Laugh is by in-large a PVP episode with only one piece of PVE content to boot.

They may think they are drawing attention to PVP, but no.. by all accounts they drawing attention to the one and only PVP DLC; and it remains that way because it was terrible.

Last Laugh had one duo for PVE, Terrible Maps with everyone else doing PVP and one member of each team doing chores; and provided new legends but.. you still had to grind for them because they only threw in 85 marks of legend.

Getting PVP fixed is fine, but promoting an all around bad episode is a terrible route to do it. The developers could see it as "hey people want more content like Last Laugh." But then the next PVP episode or update turns out and sells badly, so they could go back to not fixing PVP.

Again.. potentially self defeating.

It'd be like me if I were dissatisfied at the amount of PVE content coming out and I vote for DWF.. No; just no. Because that would imply I would want a return to monthly content which imo was the one of the worst DCUO periods I endured.

If Legion gets destroyed by AOJ, it's fine because AOJ is purely PVE and it's an older episode.

Last Laugh and Legion is an Apples to Oranges vote, the comparison or message they are sending ain't cutting it; I agree with the decision to remove it from the poll.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

And you can prove the vote was rigged?

Realistically this was a pretty bad thing to do, Last Laugh won that should've been the end of it, whether it was liked or not really.
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Like I said above in the thing you quoted, it's not a real world election. They don't owe anyone anything. No one has to prove anything to you or anyone else. People who tried to game the system ruined it for themselves. LL supporters should be upset at the people who tried to pad the vote and got their horse disqualified. Too bad.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How do you know many people voted for it fairly? You just went on a rant about somebody down voting it three times, who's to say someone didn't upvote it 3 times because they really really want PVP to get fixed?

This whole poll was meant for people to give an objective outlook at each episode they played over the last decade this game's been out, but if your looking at an episode that you know has sold badly and go "HERE'S OUR CHANCE TO GET PVP FIXED!!!!!!!" your doing a disservice to the poll in question.

It'd be like if there was a poll asking everybody what was the best console of the 7th generation? Going off sales and what people enjoyed the most, you'd probably say PS4. But if the short lived and poor selling WII U beats the PS4 in that poll, it's going to raise eyebrows; because.. poorly received products aren't gonna receive a ton of votes, it's common sense.

People's opinions can count, but they need to be objective to what the poll was asking for; and the poll was not asking for "What do you think the developers should do next? Fix PVP? More cosmetics? More PVE? Etc Etc."

If we're really counting votes that were CLEARLY intended as "Fix PVP" as a vote for the Last Laugh DLC, then you might as well put everything PVP behind a paywall because that's what you really voted for.

I maybe miscontrusing what people voted for, but they misconstrued the poll and got last laugh removed; so it's fair game right guys? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

and your proof of vote padding is what? Whether or not its a real world election isn't really of relevance to the point.
  18. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Wait what? The person I was responding too was making the claim that people spam voted for LL.....while admitting to spam voting themselves. That was my point. Nothing is CLEARLY intended, you just assume it is, loads of assumptions here. I’m not jumping on the assumption train thank you very much, make all the silly assumptions you wish, I was merely pointing out some typical dcuo forum logical inconsistencies and will continue to point out fallacious reasoning when I see it (and if I can be bothered)
    • Like x 1
  19. Landitt New Player

Well how would you know that people did spam vote? There's 0 evidence suggesting that. As far as I recall the poll had the same amount of votes as all the other ones. If a spam vote took place, you would expect a influx of votes right?

And how would you know that the reasoning behind the votes for Last Laugh were PvP related? Have you considered that its maybe because LLG is one of the most disliked episodes of all time and maybe people think its worse than Last Laugh?
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

Maybe they don't want the CURRENT episode to have a bad rating and dont have a nice position in the bracket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.