Why Forcibly make the grind longer for Alts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Jun 29, 2015.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If it's taking you that long to get a new alt up to end game, you're doing it wrong...correction, you're doing several things wrong.
    [IMG]

At least 4 of my leaguemates have recently created brand new alts (in anticipation of new powers), and they did so without replays (until they were T7, and then only sparingly...mostly for the very hard feats). They all managed to get them up there in a week or two...casually (since they have their mains and other alts to run as well). Now without friends or leaguemates, I think you'd be able to do it in no more than a month max (really 2-3 weeks). Not needing mods to get your cr up alone is enough to speed the process up significantly.

Now if you were trying to get an alt up to end game with every feat acquired the old fashioned way including Tier Vendor Gear sets including actual rare styles...well, yeah...that might take 6+ months. Even then that's nothing to complain about...it took me a year to get 5 alts concurrently up to T4 before you could buy feats for your alts (so all 90+ skill points on my alts were earned the hard way...individually).

When you have people purposely creating alts and getting them to end games while actively avoiding getting skill points, and they're doing this in days if not a week...it makes your argument look very weak. Spend a little less time in the Gotham section of the forums, check out one of the alt leveling guides in the Oracle's Database section...you'll have your alts at end game in no time.
  2. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Enjoy playing the game on your alts without getting much done on your main :rolleyes:

I'm so thankful that I don't level my alts.
    I use them for storage and seasonal farming.
    Well... There is always the play your...
    Oh wait, that's censored now. :rolleyes:
  3. BumblingB I got better.

It wasn't correct to assume that it was about gameplay. It was about access level. F2P > Premium > Legendary. But of course, everyone got it wrong and used it as an excuse to be a bad player either morally or literally.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kal~el Committed Player

Wait. You do not see a problem with possibly outfitting 3 or 4 alts daily without duplicates? The only alert you even mentioned was Fatal and did not even mention the duos. Remember you get loot for every raid, alert, or duo you run. It would not take you a month but even if it did that is not the way this game or most games are intended to be played.

I would love it if they allowed us to trade gear. It will never happen though. The game is meant to be played with any character you create not just one so you can pass down the gear.
  5. Makineko Committed Player

6+ months to get an alt to End game?

I have 8 toons (4 villain and 4 hero) and I just got my 3rd to T6 today. It took me 3-4 months on my first toon to endgame and that's when I didn't know what I was doing. With my alts even with the amount of time I spread across all my toons the most I've spent getting them up to T6 is a month if I focus on that toon. That includes running all content in tier at least once for feats and the odd bit of PvP for feats too.
  6. XODUIS Committed Player

What a lot of you aren't taking into account is that with these "Took me a week with friends etc." is that

A. You required your friends to walk you in content. Without them your grind would be MUCH longer

B. They were willing to play the T1-T5 Raids again for you (Which absolutely no PUG groups do anymore)

C. You were/are 100% committed to DCUO ( i am considering getting back in it but due to the lack of End Game diversity im thinking against it) and i also don't have the last 4 DLCs so...
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

I frequently role new alts and level them easily on a low population server (uspc villains).

You can level an alt from fresh 30 to T3 instantly with tradable rare iconic gear. Run some T2/T3 duos to get your equip cr up.

T3 to T4 is a cake walk using gear drops from instances. There are enough F2P players running these daily to not be an issue.

T4 to T5 is a bit slower but if you played your cards right you should have max marks from not spending them until now. Having a helpful league to run GoT/PB + turf bounties will push you over.

T5 to T6 has become much slower since mods cannot boost cr anymore. It's quite quick to grab full raven bounty gear, but now you need some 90 gear to push you into T6 and no one really runs Nexus/PW/AnB anymore.

Still plenty of T6 going on to progress easily into T7.
    • Like x 2
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Which is exactly why their plan is still working. If you lessen the grind, you lose replay badge sales or usage. If I could transfer gear to my alts, I wouldnt need to use replay badges to speed them through the process. Its not player convenience, its monetary business convenience.

I just think at this point in DCUO, they cant afford to lose any money.
  9. Kreachure Committed Player

It takes less than a week to level up an alt to at least 115 without friends or replays.
  10. Streven Dedicated Player

With friends you can get to T7 in less than a week.

Solo you can level a toon to T7 in probably about 2 to 4 weeks depending on your experience level and how much time you play everyday.

If you're casual and avoiding all raids and leveling with small content I doubt it would take more than 4 weeks to be honest. For me to level an alt it takes about 2 days to get to 30. One more day to get to T3 then about 2 days for each tier afterwards. I usually don't slow down until entering T6. So for me playing solo it takes about a week of steady but not excessive play time to get to T6.

If your armor was account bound you'd only ever have to level one toon then spend a day or two getting gear for each alt. You could have 16 toons at endgame in a week or two. I'm not sure that would help the game any. Literally nobody would run lower level content. Not a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

I don't ever use old raids for leveling, and I don't know if I'd level in a week, but I'd be shocked if it took a month. And not having the last 4 dlcs will only impact you once you reach T6.
    • Like x 1
  12. XODUIS Committed Player

Funny you said that. Asked USPS why no one ever runs the old raids anymore. They said it was boring and no incentive. WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THAT WE ALREADY HAVE A CONTENT SKIPPER???
  13. XODUIS Committed Player

Replay Badges: Okay

Transfer Gear: Unokay

WHAT?!? Some of you have been brainwashed to believe that Micro Transaction DLC is okay but stuff that actually helps the consumer is bad.
  14. Streven Dedicated Player

Well, the reality is that people do still run the older raids. Not as often as they used to but you can still get groups.

This whole argument that they won't run it because they took the marks away is quite frankly...not very well thought out. If you take a really objective look at the mark change its hard to see a whole lot of difference between what we had before and what we have now. It is marginal at best.

But I digress. Your suggestions would not improve the situation but rather encourage people to completely skip all but the most recent content.

Personally, I see the decisions being made in GU 47 and the direction we seem to be going since as a calculated risk from a business perspective. Making grand sweeping changes will always alienate a certain part of your playerbase because people naturally dislike change. The hope is that its only a small group that can't adapt to the change and the majority keep playing. Also, in the long run you're trying to make a product that appeals to a larger audience overall to attract and retain new customers. The old system wasn't doing that. I'm actually quite positive about the changes because they look to me like a long term strategy. An indication the game will continue to be supported and developed well into the future.

The current slow down can be attributed to a lot of things. GU 47 is certainly high on that list but there are plenty of other factors in play. I'm hopeful the trend will go the other way soon. I know we'll see an uptick when the monthly episodes start hitting. Until then, enjoy what we do have and try to stay positive. That is the best thing we could all do for this game.